TripAdvisor
1,811 results
All reviewstattershall lakeshot tubcomfort caravanwater sportsjet skiswimming poolraf coningsbywoodland retreatduckoutdoor cinemasuperior lodgeupstairs barlog cabinfighter jetswake boardingtouring caravanwelcome pack
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I last stayed here around two years ago and had a great time so decided to take my sister in law with us this time. On arrival we arrived at 13;40 so I went to check in as I thought only being 20minutes early our accommodation could be ready, as before I went I read something saying if accommodation was ready we could go in early, which you’d expect it to be ready 20minutes before however I was given my pass and turned away until 2pm not ideal when we had food in the car for the whole weekend and it was warm.

Swimming is my main problem you can only book at 8am on the day for morning slots and 1pm for afternoon slots on the day only, the queues in order to book this are very long, the leisure staff are very rude and do not interact with you whilst waiting, and keep looking at their watch until that exact minute. Whilst we were waiting the majority of the queue were complaining, this is a big inconvenience especially when your caravan is a 20minutes walk away from the merlin centre.

Another problem was the toilet was leaking in our bathroom being in a practically brand new caravan I would not expect this. Especially when someone didn’t come out until the next day said they had fixed it and the following morning it was still leaking!

Also whilst there we had no tv signal for over 24hours, apparently it only affected half the park but no one updated us on the problem and I had to ring guest services in order for them to say we know about it and we got nothing else from them. Having a 55” tv, which my partner couldn’t watch boxing on was not good, luckily it was back on for soccer aid but was still a big inconvenience to us!

The caravan itself one of the TriBeCas was very nice inside, hot tub very private, however again lots of little problems, they had the heating on full when we arrived and it was a hot day, so awful to walk into, the wall covering in the Ensuite was coming off and the wood near the dishwasher was broken. They should also point out how far these are away from facilities when booking as with a 4year old with us, it was a very long walk.

Overall it was ok, but I would definitely think twice before rebooking and warn people of the little problems before they book.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

I’m sorry you had a few niggles Lorna during your time with us & that your toilet was still leaking after our Maintenance had attended. Unfortunately we did have problems with the TV signal on half of the Park whilst you were here & were reliant on our signal providers to resolve the issue.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Just got back from mon-fri lakeside lodge with hot tub. Had a wonderful time, the lodge well what can I say, other than amazing. Lots of activities on the site for both children and adults, or you can just enjoy the peace and quiet... already booked for next year. Only downside should have checked in at 2 but wasn’t ready until 3 and the hot tub wasn’t ready until about 4

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your great 5 star review Niki & pleased to see you have already booked to return to the Park next year!.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The site is quite nice. However, it could be so much better. The cycle around the site isn't scenic as its basically just a road, and quite busy at that, not particularly safe for young children. You can't really see the lakes on the cycle, as they are hidden by the lodges. We stayed in the woodland retreat. Definitely the least thought about section of the park. No area at all for ball games or for the kids to run around. It was quite boggy after a night of rain, and the tents were just in a row, no feeling of 'retreat' about it at all. Thankfully our spot got some sun, but the tents opposite us were in a gloomy shade the entire weekend. There are a few things to do, such as the inflatable obstacle course, but it was all quite expensive. The crazy golf course was crazy, as the edging of the course was stone chippings, which got all over the course and in the way. Queues at the bar were longgggg. Its a nice park for a weekend, but not a week. It would be more appealing if they considered the camping area a little more, and made it more inviting. Nice overall, but lots of room for improvement.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thanks for your review Nix, good & bad & I have taken your feedback on board for consideration.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Visited over the weekend with family and stayed in a luxury caravan. The caravan was well kept, clean and modern... all very happy there. The site itself presents similarly too.

However, the food/ bar service is really disappointing. It took a long time to order, sometimes waiting 25mins for a drink! Our breakfast came out with over cooked poached eggs and dried, hard toast! We also had an incorrect order which was annoying.

The view of the lakes were great and the boys enjoyed a little fishing, no whoppers but some nice, small fish to he had!

Overall, I don’t think I’d return based on the poor service. As waiting that long in a queue for drinks is a bit ridiculous and it really is just a case of more staff!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

I’m sorry that some aspects of your holiday disappointed you however, in the main summer season, waits can be a little longer than usual. With regards to your food, I can only apologise at this late stage but will ensure the Head of Catering is made aware of your disappointment so that this can be addressed with his team.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Just come home from a lovely relaxing weekend. Booked our Comfort Caravan with the sun newspaper. Brilliant way to book a cheap break. Caravan and site were clean. Duvets and pillows were a good quality and clean. Kids enjoyed the beach, park, splashpool and pool. All included in entertainment pass for £6 each. Food on site at Spitfire bar where main entertainment is could better. It was often disappointing. Service was good and quick though. David in particular was always accommodating and helpful with our group food orders.

The site itself was lovely and peaceful. Only downside was a group of young adults making lots of noise on our first night until 3am in the morning. This in no way was any fault of the site and security responded promptly when I eventually rang and complained.

Would recommend and already looking to come back..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Great appraisal of your Holidays in the Sun break Heather and happy to see you found it great VFM. Just shows you what good value these voucher based holidays are and so pleased you are coming back to do it all over again. Disappointed that the selfishness of others meant you had to call our Security Team however I’m glad they responded promptly to you.