See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I was very pleased to be staying at this hotel again, this time with my wife.

I really like this hotel. The owners are friendly and helpful and it was nice to be welcomed back again.

We were in an even bigger room this time, though the room I was in last time was large! The rooms are really comfortable, with soft chairs and plenty of space. They also have a kettle and tea and coffee.

The views around the hotel are incredible.

We ate dinner both evenings in the hotel and were very happy with the meals. One evening was a buffet, which had a great selection. The other evening meals were cooked to order for us.

There is a large breakfast buffet each day, which has everything you could want.

I will stay again when I’m next in the area. It’s a great place to relax!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This is a great hotel, with fantastic views all around. The owners are really helpful and friendly.

I was very happy to be staying here for a few days rest before heading south again. It's lovely, peaceful location.

There is a very nice breakfast buffet each day, with everything you could want. I also had all my evening meals in the restaurant, which were freshly prepared, and were very nice.

The room was nice, a really big space, with soft chairs and a sofa.

I slept very well here as it's so peaceful, but I almost couldn't wait to open the curtains in the morning to see the stunning view.

I will certainly stay again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Torbjørn F, Daglig leder at Saltfjellet Hotell Polarsirkelen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to see you again, and next time with your wife.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

We stayed here one night on our trip north. Positives: 1. Location, over the top of the Saltdal plateau, north of the famous Polar Circle centre and above the roaring Lønsdal valley. 2. Fantastic for long mountain walks using T marked trails, and shorter ones. 3. A good stopover point; convenient for the train also. 4. Wonderful hot and cold evening buffet with many traditional dishes - you could eat until you burst! 5. Friendly staff, when you saw them.
Niggles: 1. Our room was promised a fridge and carpets (according to Booking.com) it had neither. Fortunately the hotel staff looked after our cold foodstuffs. 2. There was a unpleasant smell from the bathroom. 3. Lacking in atmosphere – probably because the hotel was quite quiet. 4. It had the look of a place that needed some money spent on it. The owners told us that were trying to sell the hotel.
Cost 1250 NOK (£118) – which we felt was a little expensive for the standard of accommodation.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Carol I
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stayed for one night only, but would have happily stayed longer. This hotel has plenty of character and charm! The staff were so lovely, taking time to share local history and attractions. Breakfast was amazing, the best assortment of choices in our whole Norway holiday, and dinner was outstanding....home cooking at its best, fresh local fish was superb! The staff make sure everything is to your liking and that you are happy. The area around the hotel looked stunning, with several hikes around the place. Sadly we didn't have time to stay longer and explore.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 2 August 2016

This old mountain hotel was run by warm, helpful and nice couple. Their own warm touch (like the candels in the evenings) could be seen everywhere in the hotel. They knew the local nature sights well and gave us good recommendations. Dinner and breakfast were good. This old building needs a bit of maintenance, but it was not disturbing. We will return here someday.

Date of stay: July 2016