All reviews bike hotel lo scoiattolo great hotel the owner cycling trip few days family run rooms are clean toast excellent breakfast family winery the kitchen fruit pastries bikes gianni area
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I stayed at Hotel Lo Scoiattolo for a week in September, in connection with the Piedmont Bike Hotel. Every day we had an excellent breakfast, then would set out on a challenging bike ride with the Piedmont Bike Hotel group. When we got back, the Hotel staff would have a late lunch ready for us, and then would (this was great) launder our bike clothes in time for the next day's ride.

This review is primarily about the Hotel itself. It's quite modern, and well thought out. The rooms are small, but efficient. They are maintained spotlessly - those rooms are clean! The water is HOT. The A/C works pretty well (although it struggled a little in the late summer heat-wave, which was quite out of the ordinary).

The food was perfect as well. Breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, salami, fruit, toast, cereal, and pastries and juice, tea, excellent coffee. The bikers' lunch included vegetables, salad, pasta, fruit. We ate there for dinner a few nights - the food was simple and good.

And the folks who work there are just great. Gianni (the owner) was there almost all the time. His daughter and another woman, Flora, were at the front desk and helped us figure out things like train tickets and dinner reservations. And Lizia cheerfully managed the entire dining room, supplying everyone with cappaccinos or food as needed. Gianni even arranged for a last-minute trip to the train for me (greatly appreciated), and the driver (I think it was his son-in-law) came in with me and made sure I was going to get on the correct train.

Everyone who works there was so kind, cheerful, and helpful. They make this hotel into an exceptional experience. I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank VelvetPaws
Samuele B, Proprietario at Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Daer VelvetPaws.... wow, thank you so much for your positive feedback!
We are so happy that you enjoyed your bike stay in our hotel!
I will forward all compliments to the staff! We are always trying to make our best to create the most comfortable stay for our guests!
We do hope to welcome you again in the future!
Gianni Marsaglia

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I can easily say that I enjoyed my stay so much that I will definitely return to this property. It is family-run and that atmosphere is evident everywhere. Staff actually desire to work here and it’s not just a job to them. They are also multi lingual.

The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable.
Something that is overlooked at many hotels, but here the AC works great.

Everything that comes from the kitchen is very good and fresh. The menu changes daily with three choices available for every course. The wine list features quality local wines at moderate costs and is not so extensive as to be overwhelming.
The dining room offers extensive, fresh choices for breakfast.

I took advantage of the Piedmont Bike Hotel experience and was not disappointed. This bike hotel is part of the Bike Amore Mio network. They offer rental of excellent Pinarello bikes, and great, experienced local English-speaking guides. The bike services and facilities are extensive.
There are options for individual, group rides or special events (think wine tasting). The established routes are challenging and just plain fun.

I really cannot think of a negative experience during my visit. The hotel is rated as 3 star, but everything and everyone made my stay five star.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank avidtraveller666

Dear avidtraveller666, wow, thank you so much for your positive feedback!
We really appreciated you words, because that is exactly what we are willing to offer with our bike stays!
Kind regards, Gianni Marsaglia

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Four days of guided cycling using a rented Pinarello Dogma F-10 doing 60-70miles (100-110km)/day. The staff at the hotel & the cycling guides couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful. Great organisation of the rides made everything a joy, from prepared lunches to cleaning of kit to knowing how much I needed that beer and the extra peanuts in the evening...for sugar and salt replacement of course. The countryside was stunning and we covered much of the area and ensured we got our coffee and gelato stops to get the feel of the local towns. I would strongly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GarretFT
Samuele B, Proprietario at Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear Garret, thank you very much for your positive review!!! Our goal is to let our guest feel confortable, and organize for them an interesting stay, full of activities... we are so proud when we reach this goal!!
Gianni Marsaglia

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We spent 6 days in the hotel and were able to go nearly every day on a cycling tour. I rented a top Pinarello Gan S (the Italian workhorse) but could have rented as well a top Dogma. The combination of hospitality, warmth and charm displayed by Gianni and his team was great. He organized a great wine tasting of the less known Roero wines including dinner in the family winery. The tour guides Sergio and Paolo were not only fit and friendly but very knowledgeable about culture, history and of course wines. All in all a great experience, good hotel, excellent and attentive hotel staff, top guides, top rental bikes and with Gianni a top notch, old school hotel manager who reads every wish from a guests mind. A great thumbs up from Alfredo, Kurt and Shane!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alfredo0012345

Dear Alfredo0012345, thank you for your positive feedback! I will forward all your compliments to Gianni and the bike guides! We hope to welcome you again in the future!
Kind regards, Gianni Marsaglia

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel is spacious, clean with well equipped rooms. Staff feally helpful, friendly and polite. Food at breakfast was good with excellent service. Garden and external pool very pleasant. Only downside a bit away from city centre, but this meant you cloud escape from this crowds and noise. Good price for a hotel close to Torino

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Samuele B, Responsabile reception at Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear Darek_z_Chrzanowa, thank you for your positive feedback!
We are so happy that you appreciated your stay in our hotel!
Kind regards