See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Along with my family n friends we had a good time at victory home. Nice place,Good food.
we felt very much homely and moreover Mrs n Mr ponnapas were very friendly. NICE people .though it was short stay we enjoyed.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Me my husband my sis and her husband and son were there last week and as I said it's definitely a home away from the home... Mr and Mrs punappa were so amazing ... beautiful people with beautiful heart and home.. both of them were so helpful..Mr punappa was helping us out with addresses and directions and Mrs punappa was actually taking care of us like a family member. She cooked for us delicious breakfast and dinner..she was very keen on serving us authentic coorgi food.
Rooms r cozy and comfortable.. rather classy and neat. They provide you all the services for your comfortable stay. Highly recommended to those who enjoy quiet comfortable stay. Thanks alot mr and Mrs punappa for this wonderful experience.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2016

This was our first time, staying in home stay, we were very excited.
Victory home stay is in a very good location, surrounded by the coffee estate, it’s about 4 km from the town.
It is a beautiful house, with good ventilation, surrounded by a nice garden; the room was clean with fresh bedding.
The owners Mr. & Mrs. Ponnappa are very nice, kind and knowledgeable people, they will give you all the details on the Coorg travelling.
We loved the breakfast prepared by Mrs. Kaveri ( Palputtu and Dosas).
We stayed for 2 nights and we had a great experience staying in VICTORY Home Stay and I would recommend/ stay again at this property.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2016

First we're amazed with the scenic beauty on the way from Madikeri to this place (via NH27). ‘Google Maps’ doesn’t show real location so beware and call the Homestay to get help (before starting). Tired with whole day adventure with 4 year old kid (visited Abby Falls, Fort, Raja’s Seat and Omkareshwar Temple in the day). When we reached there (after 1 km full green ranch-off main road), we got a warm welcome by our hosts. Truly amazing people. Got very nice tea and coffee and then, dinner with 3-4 dishes on the table with desert. After dinner, Recipe discussion round, what all mixed and what all is home grown. About Room: Comfortable bed, enough lightings, clean and well maintained washroom and all other necessary facilities were there. Next morning when we get out of bungalow, We felt nature’s charm at the best, Multicolored Roses with dew on them, Lotuses were still trying to open, Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple and white-So many beautiful colors were all around. Kid liked the place to run on pathways and grass, ride on rocking chair and follow cat and butterflies. You will see, Awesome collection of great ‘Copper’ and ‘Bronze’ works in all corners of the house. We stayed next day too and took tour of farm places, Coffee plantation, Pepper seeds, Palm trees, Supari trees and so on. The same day, we went to Tala Cauvery- Super place, spent whole day and back to ‘home away from home’. Enjoyed our stay, perfect place for kids very safe and secure. Hosts are also very helping, kind and knowledgeable (Army background) couple (Can engage you on any topic). You can go to Coorg and don’t go for any sightseeing, Stay in this homestay, it will provide you perfect place to spent 1-2 days in calm and serenity. We left next morning to visit Dubare, Nisargdham (supper place), Golden Temple (perfect tourist attraction) and left to Bangalore (Real home). Definitely, Will go Coorg again and stay at same place.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Going by the number of positive reviews here on TripAdvisor, we were really looking forward to our stay at Victory Home. The house itself is beautiful - a wooden structure, surrounded by coffee plantation and vibrant flowering trees and shrubs, with a certain old world charm. If you're going for a relaxing, no-sightseeing holiday, then this is a good option.
However, having stayed at other homestays in Gokarna, Chikmagalur, etc., I do feel the homestay experience was not up to the mark. For one, the location - Victory homestay is in Pollibetta, which is at a minimum of 45 km from anywhere in the Kodagu district. Unless you stay cooped up all day, any time you step out, you feel all you're doing is driving. It goes without saying, that with the heat and humidity, it can get tiring. In fact, it can get tiring even if you stay up in your room all day.
The food options are limited, and here again, I have to bring in the comparison with other homestays - generally, the price is inclusive of breakfast and dinner. Over here, you pay INR 3000 per person per day: breakfast is included, lunch is not offered and dinner is INR 400 per person, which is a little on the higher side if you think about it, given that you're kinda in the middle of nowhere. If you consider going out, you're back on the road, driving miles and miles because there are no other (good) food options nearby. As for the food, all I will say is, tastebuds vary. We were a large group - a few of us liked it, the rest of us did not.
While I cannot say that I had an issue with our hostess' friendliness or hospitality - she was a great hostess - this is the first time that I felt I was intruding. I cannot pinpoint to why this happened, but of all the homestays I have stayed at, this is the one which gave me that nagging feeling at the back of my neck. To say I/we felt "unwelcome" is a bit harsh, and that is not what I mean - just a little uncomfortable. Like we're trespassing. But maybe that was just something our group felt. Could be a different experience for you.
What I liked were the lovely surroundings, the flowers and the plantation. We did not get a chance to take a tour, but I suppose that's something to try. There's a small play area for kids. There could be some mosquitoes during the night, but the house is fully proofed against them (so do not leave doors/windows open).
I'd recommend the rooms on the top floor over the one on the ground floor. This homestay is good for families/groups, or even if you're travelling solo, but probably not for couples or sightseers (by this, I mean, if your plan is to see Coorg - Madikeri would be a better option if this is the case). Also, I think it would be better if you have your own vehicle/cab; autos aren't allowed on the property and I'm not sure if it's easy to get a cab around here.

Room tip: Get the rooms on the top floor - the red one is the most comfortable one. Do not open the windows. PS: There's no air conditioning.
Date of stay: March 2016