“Food heaven!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Bentham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Punch Bowl is everything a country pub should be.
Roaring fire in winter, sunny garden in summer.
Derek has a kind word for everyone and is a great dog lover. His staff are unfailingly helpful.
We have a caravan nearby and when my grandchildren come to stay, the Punch Bowl is always their first choice. They especially appreciate the bubblegum rock playing in the background.
The food is freshly made and the steak pie is terrific - tender chunks of beef in a dark, rich gravy encased in melt-in-the-mouth short crust pastry. Fish and chips also good with a lovely crispy batter. Proper chips - such a rare commodity. And lastly - and SO importantly - properly cooked vegetables (I have a bee in my bonnet about raw veg in restaurants!).
Thanks to all. Your efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We have been going to the Punchbowl for nearly three years now, myself and a whole bunch of musicians. We have been made royally welcome by Derek the landlord and his staff. We visit twice per month and always get the same warm welcome. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced, the beer is well kept and the place is spotless. It has become very popular so it is advisable to book a table in advance. We have played as a group in many different pubs but never have we been so well looked after. Derek is a diamond !

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We visited the delightful Punch Bowl for a Wednesday night dinner. We were greeted by the extremely friendly landlord and browsed the menu over a drink. We had the steak and it was well cooked, very tasty and a big portion. Excellent value for money and a great welcoming atmosphere. Cannot recommend enough. Thank you!!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife and I went to the Punch Bowl Public House, Low Bentham at 6 pm Sunday 27th August 2017 for our evening meal. We were told that we did not have to book also there was a big sign outside stating meals were available all day. We entered the pub it was quite busy as there was a party of 13 celebrating a birthday. On getting inside we saw that there was two table available in both corners so we sat down at one of the tables and asked a young waitress for a menu which she gave us. I went to the bar and had to wait at least 20 minutes as there was only one person serving and he looked past it and flustered I asked to order some drinks and food. I was told in a most rude manner that if I had not booked we could not order food. We then left. Looking around the pub it looked scruffy and dirty and if the person behind the bar is the landlord its time he learn't some manners. I would not recommend this place to anyone especially as there is plenty of eating houses around Bentham.

4  Thank Barriegriffin
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Came here with family yesterday (including an 11 month old baby) food was absolutely gorgeous. I had the cheese and onion pie and it was the nicest cheese and onion pie I've ever had. Nobody had an complaints about anything. The staff are very friendly as well. I'd recommend this little pub to anyone.