“Nothing is too much - especially not a personal touch!”
Review of Chez Pascal

Chez Pascal
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Sidcup
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I may sound slightly biased reviewing Chez Pascal as I am now officially a regular. Working locally, it is my favourite lunchtime hotspot and definitely somewhere I would recommend for the evening too.

Firstly, the service is fantastic in Pascals, with the namesake himself always being present to welcome you into his humble eatery. He and his family are always so polite and happy to see any customer - old or new. Even for my birthday last year (despite the staff not knowing this fact), Pascal had a birthday cake with my name on it ready to bring out. Nobody had requested the cake, but the mere fact that they had obviously taken notes when it may have been mentioned on a previous visit made it that much more special. This is just the kind of standard that Chez Pascal has set that all little eateries should aim for.

Secondly, and most importantly, the food is to die for! It is incredibly reasonable (with lunchtime pasta dishes costing only £6.50 and evening meals averaging at about £11) and has some incredible tastes to offer. Whether you are in the mood for duck, seafood or some stereotypically French dishes such as escargot or frogs legs, they have it all! The fact that makes this much sweeter is that Chez Pascal does not serve alcohol, but allows you to bring your own bottle that they refrigerate for you and don't even charge corkage for.

The atmosphere is always very relaxed, with the lighting being dimmed enough in the evenings to suit all visiting groups. Although the restaurant is small, it makes it that much more personal. It does not feel cramped at all, but is cosy enough that it has a warm and homely feel.

This restaurant is by far one of the best little independent places in the borough of Bexley. I would thoroughly recommend it at any time of day, but would advise booking as Pascal is always completely booked up! Even for special occasions, it is a lovely place to visit - just don't forget to bring your own champagne if it really is a special one! Pascal would have no issue with looking after it all for you!

Reviewed 8 February 2017

You can take your own wine to this very good French restaurant. Staff very friendly and helpful. The steak was particularly good. Puddings aren't up to par but rest of food delicious.

1  Thank Tracy D
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Never disappointed with the service, atmosphere and quality of food. Tasty, great portion size and served with banter and just the right degree of attentiveness! Fillet steak to die for and desserts from heaven.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I visited Chez Pascal last night for the first time with a friend. It is a small quirky restaurant with a nice vibe. We were greeted by a lovley smiley waitress who showed us to our table. We spoke to the french brother of Pascal who was only to happy to advise us on our choices. I had the scallops in bayonne ham to start and my friend had the beef sausages. Both starters were fantastic and so tasty. I had 5 scallops wrapped in plenty of ham with a devine sauce. The portion sizes were plentiful. For our mains my friend had the steak diane which she said was the best she'd had. I had the mixed seafood marinier pasta and it was so tasty with huge scallops and prawns. There was no shortage of seafood or flavour in this dish. We had a lovely evening and the service was first class. We have already booked for a group of us to go back. They really hsve got it right and I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

This was my first visit to Chez Pascal and it certainly wont be my last. After having friends and family suggest this small but intimate little restaurant I was pleasantly surprised. The service and food was excellent and cannot rate it enough.