Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews coffee estate the cottages private garden british era the main lodge huge bathroom estate manager perch plantation walk special mention fixed menu filter coffee south indian board games sight seeing hot water mini theatre
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2021

The access roads to the property are very bad, actually roads do not exist. There are huge stones which can damage the car chassis. The property owners do not mention about the bad road and the risk involved to the guests. The roads are also very narrow with no room for another tiny vehicle to pass through. So please think before booking a room at Old Kent. The food is also bad and abnormally over priced. There is no justification for the pricing of the rooms. They do have a home theatre, but not in working conditions. The WC is not fixed/cemented to either the floor or wall and on flushing the water leaks out of the WC.

Room tip: Access roads are very bad and property overpriced.
Reviewed 17 August 2021

Old Kent is one of those resorts which makes us feel at home. We visited there last week with my friends. We really had a good time there.
Firstly I would like to mention the service was really good Mr. Mubarak, Mr. Sampath Mr. Akhil and Mr. Mohan were helpful and patient with us. The food there was amazing, we had english breakfast everyday and south indian for lunch and we asked for chinese/italian for dinner. Everything was nice. The chef made everything exactly as we expected. My only suggestion would be to add another chef for continental and other cuisines. Also they helped us arrange a birthday surprise without any hassle.
Mr. Sampath took us for a plantation walk on our last day. It was an awesome experience. We went through the woods and explored many things there.
The rooms were classy and comfortable. And the bathroom space was big. After a long walk, the foot spa was a great relief. The ambience was lovely.
Loved everything there and had a great time with my friends. Thankyou for making our stay a memorable one.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MariyamS1012
Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

The estate stay was brilliant, loved the room and the walks around and outside the estate. The rooms were extremely spacious and very tastefully done.

We were very dissapointed with the dining experience. They don't have alacarte and you have no choice but to get the set menu. Which is pretty wasteful for small eaters. When we ordered only the starters they priced it the same as what we would have paid if we opted for the set menu. The rates for the food is pretty steep especially with Filter Coffee charged at 200 Rs and when you are not a five star hotel it saddens to pay this.

They definitely need to rethink their dinning experience, food is pretty average too. The local small shops outside this place is more scrumptious.

Over all definitely worth a visit just for the place and room.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

This place resonates with, ‘peace of mind’.
Coffee plantations, the vast estate, lovely owners, hospitable staff, are some of the USPs of Old Kent.
I would call this as a ‘Green Escape’ referring to the chlorophyll around you
My wife had an immersive time, doing her paintings and meeting like minded people.
A definite recommendation for people of all ages!
Go visit this estate and spread the love!
Kudos to the staff and to the ‘family-like’ owners, who made us feel at home!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank nomadventure91
Reviewed 28 December 2020

First the pros:
- Excellent estate, long walks, singing birds, beautiful flowers
- Sampath and his assistants, they are making the impossible possible - They are the reason this place is not shut down. Their commitment is the only reason because the management doesn't seem to care. If it weren't for Sampath and his relentless need to help customers, it would have been an unbearable 2 days for us.
- The management was kind enough to postpone my booking when I approached them with an unavoidable circumstance that was stopping me from travelling
- The management was kind enough to not charge us 600 INR for 2 coffees and a sandwich we ordered after the unhappiness I showed about the state of the sofas

The cons:
- The sofas were stained, the least the management can do is at least get the covers changed. Pale-coloured sofas with brown, disgusting stains
- There were cobwebs near door bolts
- The carpets and doormats looked dirty. Why keep old stuff to show off if you can't maintain them?
- A broken fan regulator set at high speed
- A leaking faucet in the bathroom, meaning we had to close the main supply off every time we used the washroom
- Un-ironed bathrobes
- A huge jacuzzi with luke warm water, back rests that fall off
- Old creamer satchets that were lumpy and we couldn't even make ourselves a cup of coffee
- No labels on the coffee and team jars, meaning we had to smell the jar every time to check if we opened the one with coffee bags or tea bags
- No spoons given to stir the coffee
- No intercom (why charge us so much money if for every little thing, I need to call you from my phone and if there is no network, we have to walk down to the main building for help or wait for the network to start working)
- No coffee except filter coffee available and being a South Indian I can distinguish between good and really bad coffee. I have had better coffee out of a vending machine
- We stayed 2 nights and hence had 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners. Except for dinner on our first night there, every meal was an ordeal. I was in Karnataka and I had to leave dosa uneaten, the idlis were hard as rocks and so were the vadas, tasteless chutneys. Why not employ a good chef?
- Over-priced room service with very few options. Also get a real menu please, not A4 printouts that are not even punched into a file.
- Supposedly great trails created by some world- renowned Italian mountaineer. That man may have done a good job but the management did nothing to keep the trails approachable. Except for the Yellow trail, none are accessible till someone from the establishment won't take you along. Overgrown bushes and hey, what about using more than a small can of paint to mark the trails? Try using some of the money you charge us to buy a fresh can and start repainting those trees with some directions.

Management - Utilize the skills that Sampath brings quietly to build customer experience. Right now all he does is mend it, thanks to lack of upkeep. Invest in a good chef, a well-bound menu, a few good sofas, a clean carpet, new doormats that are water absorbent, a plumber, some real lights on the pathways for people to walk at night to your open air restaurants.

Lastly, I will never go back to this much-hyped and utterly disappointing place. The only saving grace is nature and that was a gift to all of us. A Taj establishment would charge me 7000 INR and give me a FAR FAR better experience than what we had to go through by shelling out almost 17000 INR per night.

Date of stay: November 2020