US$ 254
Priceline
US$ 185
US$ 53
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoffee plantationhome staybeautiful poolyummy foodlazy weekendperfect weekendblissful staybreakfast and dinnerlip smacking foodantique furniturechicken lollipopspool sidesit outsserene atmospherehomestay experiencecomfortable roomspersonal touch
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I arrived at the homestay frustrated and stressed due to problems with my driver and left feeling refreshed, calm and relaxed. They were so kind and helpful when I arrived. They helped me get a taxi to the Golden Temple so that I could get a break from my driver. While I was gone my driver started their plantation on fire! Luckly they were able to put the fire out with much help from their workers. I felt awful but they were so kind about the whole incident. The dinner was some of the best food I have eaten. Wonderful grilled chicken, flavorful rice,fresh vegetable and flan for desert. If you are looking for a quite, beautiful place to stay with kind people and amazing food this is great place to stay. Probably even more relaxing if your driver doesn't start the place on fire :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank peace777_11
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Excellent Food ! Excellent stay !
Amazing stay !

This should describe all what we experienced, We will cherish our stay forever.
You can enjoy your holidays by staying here, no need to go anywhere.. Live the place, love the place.........

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pratik p
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We'd checked out their website and reviews of the estate on TripAdvisor, and had high expectations of Kedakal. Starting with our booking, we were impressed by the level of personalization that the owners put into their customer interactions. Saying we were blown away by the entire experience is an understatement.

Despite having driven ~840 km without much rest, we couldn't wait to explore the estate's gorgeous facilities and surroundings as soon as we reached there. We were welcomed with a refreshing chilled drink and our room was cozy and welcoming. The cottage is in the heart of a coffee plantation and all you can hear is the calls of birds and the rustling of leaves -- music to our ears! The swimming pool is beautiful, immaculately maintained, and makes for a great value-add to the Kedakal homestay experience. The property has lots of quaint little nooks that add to the character and beauty of the property. My wife and I spent many hours talking and playing with our daughter while lounging in the sit-out, sipping cups of coffee, and feasting on freshly prepared snacks. Every meal was a feast; prepared by Aunty Uma who paid great attention to our preferences. Our hosts even went out of their way to prepare a particular dish that my wife and daughter like.

While there are some tourist attractions nearby, we preferred staying on the estate and enjoying all that it had to offer. The only disappointment for us was not being able to visit Garvale and spend a day by the riverside (as mentioned on the website) but were grateful for the time and effort taken by Uncle Diwakar to show us around the estate.

We chose to go on holiday to spend time together and unwind -- our stay at Kedakal helped us do just that (and put on a few kilos thanks to the sumptuous food!). We're already planning our next trip there, with more family members in tow, so everyone gets to experience the amazing-ness of Keds!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AdarshVarghese
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This home-stay should definitely be considered by anyone looking for a peaceful coffee plantation in Coorg.

We're a Canadian couple who need to visit Bangalore at least once a year and always plan a short trip outside Bangalore to have a few restful days away from the traffic and pollution. This year we chose Kedakal Estate B&B in Coorg and weren't disappointed.

The homestay looks very much as it does in pictures. The pool is very clean and in a gorgeous surrounding. The food is excellent.

The owners are very friendly and helpful. They are very intuitive in estimating how much interaction guests are wanting.

We swam, visited Madikere, played some badminton on the well manicured front lawn, played some scrabble in the evenings in a very pretty candle-lit outdoor room and had delicious dinners in another outdoor room overlooking the pool.

Overall a very relaxing and satisfying mini-vacation.

Room Tip: The room inside the house is much nicer than the one that has a separate entrance. While some reviewers write that it's an advantage not to have to walk into the main house, we found that you only have to walk through a front room and you also go in for dining and to use the fridge that is there for the use of guests. Next time we would ask for the inside room but we understand that if the other guests are more than 2 people it would most likely be given to them as it has an extra bed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marple2011
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed from 24th Dec - 27th Dec 2011.

We reached Mysore railway station and the cab was waiting as promised. Uncle had arranged for the cab. The cab driver was very helpful n polite.

After a 2 hr drive we reached the coffee estate. The moment we saw the house and its surroundings we fell in love with it. Being from Andamans we prefer to be in peaceful n quite areas rather than tall buildings with lots of noise, like in cities. The house is very tastefully decorated. You will find lots n lots of books placed thoughtfully at various places (pool side, verandah, hall etc). The pool is beautiful n inviting. Though we didnt get in our 3 year old daughter did play in the jacuzzi.
After we kept our bags in the room, we went near the pool and auntie made coffee and hot hot pakodis and served some chips. Guys sipping on the hot coffee besides the pool in the cool climate was really nice experience. Pakodis were yummy.

Uncle, auntie and sandeep are so caring n loving, u can ask for anything without hesitating and they always are there to help with a smile.

During our stay we had breakfast and dinner at home. It would be injustice if I dont mention here that every meal was a splendid feas!!! Food was so yummy u just cant resist helping yourself generously for repeated servings. Chicken manchurian, hot upma idlis, soft rotis, delicious pork, finger chips, barbecue everything was mind blowing.

Uncle n auntie arranged for a barbecue by the pool side on christmas eve during dinner. Guys u have to experience it I tell you. They even had a cake and my daughter cut it for us, which she enjoyed so much. All of the above was on the house!! Yes!! On the HOUSE!! So sweet of them, they made this our most memorable christmas. Auntie gave my daughter a christmas present. You should have seen her eyes gleam when she saw the present.

The quad bike ride in the coffee plantation was thrilling. My daughter also took a short ride with me.

Guys the list is endless, I can go on and on. But there is no point in me blabbering so much, cos all that i want to express can only be felt if u stay there. It is to be experience by yourself. Words cant do justice to the exciting, thrilling, wonderful holiday we spend with the Divakar family.

I wouldnt hesitate to recommend anyone blindly to go there and have a wonderful holiday at this place.

Me, my wife n daughter never felt that we were at some place holidaying. It was just a home away from home for us.

Thank you uncle auntie and sandeep for everything.

Oooo I forgot to mention!! The furnitures!! Antique furnitures!!! Looked so royal.

Guys u have to go there n experience it...

Room Tip: All rooms are superb and beautifully decorated. EVery room is unique.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family