See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We went to Coorg Guest House as part of a weekend trip, a group of 20 adults and 5 kids from 2 to 6 years. This place was picked by our group as it was the only place which was available which could accommodate so many of us in one location. This is a very basic place, just off the main road. It caters to the necessary requirements of a simple hotel with beds and clean linen, attached bathrooms with soap and shampoo, no towels, dressing area, some rooms also had cupboards, emergency lights and mosquito repellent lamps. Cable TV did not work when we were there (this did not matter to us). Running hot water, means someone runs and gets the hot water for you, taking the bucket from your room (due to electricity issues).

It’s better to choose the rooms on the top floor and not the ground floor. The rooms on the ground floor are close to the kitchen, extra bathrooms and generator and are exposed to all the possible types of noises. Considering the electricity issues in this area, the generator is on quite often. So the rooms on the ground floor are not good for people who are light sleepers. The service could definitely have been better. I think it would help if one outlines the details of requirements to the staff very precisely. The food was average, buffet style catering to both veg and non veg folks. Tea and Coffee was served at 11 and 4 pm with snacks.

This guest house is attached to a plantation and also has some cottages apparently. We explored some part of the plantation, where there is a mini lake for coracle rides. This is also the area where Bon Fires take place, but due to the rain we did not have a bon fire and we did not explore the cottages. This place has two websites for some reason
www.coorgguesthouse.com and www.coorgresortindia.com , please do not go here expecting a resort as it is definitely not one. It’s ok if you need a simple place to crash after seeing the sights the area has to offer or is good for trekkers who go in groups and want simple accommodation, and good for folks on a tight budget. I personally think, if you want to really experience Coorg, its best to stay in a homestay run by a family within a plantation or estate. This is not a place I would personally pick for a holiday in Coorg.

Room Tip: Choose rooms only on the top floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is my second visit to this guest house and i was satisfied with them when i visited them two years back but now they have started over pricing everything from food to cottage.

The only good thing now is location of the lake view cottage which is very nice in the woods and i have to thank grish for his prompt response in the service.. when i went for the first time two years back it was charged 2200 and now it is 3500 which is high as there is no body turn on the Power even in day time.
The food is very bad and we have to eat there as there is no hotel near by. bonfire(900) and barbaque(300/ kg) chicken is very costly.

Overall I would advise travelers to stay away as there many newly built guest house around the area for a better price.

Room Tip: Avoid luxury rooms at any cost as there is nothing luxury about it either go for the lake view cottage or standard rooms ( if you had to stay here)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I wanted to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at the Coorg Guest House. In particular, Girish was very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for his excellent customer service.

Kudos to you and your staff for making my stay a great one - I will definitely be staying with the Coorg Guest House again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is located in a complete remote location, This property is approximately 20kilometrse away from Nagarahole reserve forest. You can find 2 cottages in a no man's land. it's an awesome place to stay.

Room Tip: Please carry a torch
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends