“Fabulous and wonderful hospitality”
Review of BelHome Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madapura
BelHome Homestay
Ranked #1 of 3 Madapura B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Fabulous and wonderful hospitality”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We travelled here from Bangalore in early April with grandparents and kids, booked all their rooms ( 4). Was in touch with the owners Ramolla and Vijay for a few weeks before that.The location is great if you want a quiet family holiday which was just perfect for us.The rooms were large and clean.Went for a trek accompanied with the family dogs late evening which itself was an adventure.What was nicest was the hosts themselves who personally took care of us with the most fabulous food - please do ask for the pork curry which was outstanding.Evenings were spent on the verandah playing dumb charades and looking at trees with hundreds of fireflies.The children were ecstatic as their dog had just had a litter of pups and there was enough place to play cricket - they didn't miss the tv at all.Biggest regret was that we could not stay longer.Do visit them for a wonderful and memorable family holiday!

Room Tip: I preferred the log cottages
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank pinky71
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bangalore
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My first review for TA although I must have checked out thousands over the years. Having spent the last 17 years outside India, We really didnt want to stay at any run-of-the-mill hotels. We wanted an authentic homestay experience to get to know the local culture. Bel Home perfectly fits the bill. We spent a couple of nights there in december.

I can write about thebeautiful location, the serene plantation, comfortable rooms etc. but you can get the idea from other reviews and pictures.Couple of things I do want to mention are that the hosts Vijay and Ramolla are excellent. Very friendly and will make you feel very welcome in their home. My kids (6 and 8) loved the house and felt like they were visiting family. The food is unbelievably good. I am a foodie and an amateur cook and usually I find the food in most places passable. Take it from me that the Bel home food is top-notch. I had asked for authentic Kodava food and Ramolla obliged me with the best Pork I have had in recent times. Good people and good food - Enough said.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank BackinIndia
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 8 February 2012

BelHome Homestay is a wonderful place to enjoy your vacation.. thanks to the beautiful place and to Vijay and Devi..excellent hosts... we had a "coffee talk" with them in their coffee estate..... we felt two days was not enough to enjoy that place... we would luv to visit there again...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Thirunavukkarasu
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a memorable stay at Bel home! Vijai and Ramolla were excellent hosts. I and my wife had very relaxing and peaceful time, we just didn't want to come back to the city. The cottage where we stayed were well maintained and tidy. The quality, quantity and taste of food served was just great! If you are planing a trip to Coorg, then this the place you must visit and stay at.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RattanBehl
Pune, India
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Our stay at the Bel Home was just great. It’s a perfect spot to unwind, forget about your daily routine and to get refreshed. Vijai and Ramolla were great hosts and we thoroughly enjoyed their company. Their house and surroundings are well kept and has a good view. The surroundings are quite serene and quiet. The only sounds you hear are those of nature. With no one in the vicinity, there was complete darkness in the surroundings in the night. Something that made my two and half year old son quite uncomfortable in the evenings. :) But Vijai and Ramolla made everything possible to make him (and us) comfortable. The food they cooked was just fabulous. I still can’t forget some of the food that I had there like Sannas and Nool Puttu. Just great !

Only minor glitch we thought was that the last kilometer of road to their house is in very bad condition but once you reach there it’s more than worth the trouble you had to reach there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank NiketRedkar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madapura
15.2 km away
12.4 km away
Coorg Jungle Camp Backwater Resort
18.3 km away
Silver Brook Estate Homestay

Been to BelHome Homestay? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK