“Fantastic place”
other travellers have booked this property
The gite with ample parking in the courtyard
The gite and courtyard The entrance hall
Check Availability
Kitchen
Well equipped kitchen
Kitchen preparation area
Kitchen sink area
Dining area for relaxing meals
The dining table will comfortably seat six people
Master bedroom with king sized bed
Storage facilities in the master bedroom
Ensuite shower room for master bedroom
Spacious ensuite shower room for master bedroom
Pink bedroom with super king sized bed. Can also be made up as a twin bedded room.
Pink bedroom with twin beds. Can also be made up as a super king sized bedded room..
Blue bedroom with twin beds. Can also be made up as a super king sized bedded room.
Blue bedroom with super king sized bed. Can also be made up as a twin bedded room.
Spacious shower room with shower, toilet and basin
Garden table and chairs on the patio for al fresco dining
Beautiful sunset looking over the Baie de Mont St Michel - 45 minutes away
The magnificent cathedral at Countances
The abbey at Le Mont St Michel is less than an hour away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

James C
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 8 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Looking for a great open and calming place to base yourself in Normandy - then go here. This is a great holiday home.

I will say this is not the place to go if you want a small exposed brick open fire traditional French house, this is a modern equivalent with all mod cons which was perfect for our needs. As much as I love a traditional French house, I do love having modern facilities on hand and not having to go through the kitchen to the bathroom and I’ve always disliked curtains instead of cupboards in the kitchen so this place was perfect.

The pictures don’t do this place justice, it is open, spacious, relaxing. I went with my husband and a friend of ours, there was probably too much space for us just being 3 but that was great, we weren’t on top of each other at all and could each have alone time if wanted.

We arrived from the ferry in December to an amazing welcome basket of provisions which were most welcome. Being able to quickly whip up some eggs and brioche for a snack instead of having to go straight to a food shop was fantastic. The produce in the basket was high quality. There was a nice bottle of Normandie cider in the fridge and an extra wee bottle of bubbles since we were staying for Christmas.

The house is very well equipped, most notably in the kitchen. We were determined to streamline packing this year staying for Christmas as we had taken most of our own equipment before staying elsewhere. There was no need to bring anything here, the kitchen had everything we needed, even for doing a full Christmas dinner with goose and all the trimmings (albeit with a poorly husband doing all the cooking).

I loved the entrance, huge glass panels and the area full of light as you enter the house. This creates the sense of space immediately and I have always been a fan of a balcony area which is the landing between bedrooms.

The bathrooms (1 ensuite, 1 family and an extra loo downstairs) were all good sizes with greta showers and well decorated. You can tell that everything was new only recently and is kept in good repair.

It was lovely to have a well stocked mini library in the living room which my friend worked his way through with great speed.

Overall, this is a great place to spend time or use as a base for exploring. The owner has compiled a great resource pack of places to visit and things to do if you are lost for ideas. The owner has done an amazing job with this place and I can’t recommend it highly enough.

8 Feb 2018
Thank you so much for your kind comments about the gite. Reviews like this really do make all the renovation work worthwhile. I know the weather wasn’t great but that’s the perfect excuse to stay inside and just relax and chill. I’m pleased you were comfortable in the gite and found it to be well equipped. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back if you’d like to explore more of this part of Normandy.
Trek72782...
“Perfect Gite, very nice and friendly owner”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Chris has been very helpful, organised and supportive. From the first contact it just clicked. She provided lots of information and is very helpfull, whatever the inquiry, whatever the time.

Gite is very new, well equipped, all that you need. It is such a nice and comfortable place. And the basket with welcome goodies made it so much easier the first evening. For the rest shops nearby for anything else. Not just 1, but 3 bakery shops nearby - coverage 7/7 days.

We will visit again and would recommend to anybody

Your age range 35-49
22 Sep 2017
Many thanks for such a great review. I'm pleased you enjoyed trying out the boulangeries in Gavray to find your favourite croissant. We are spoilt for choice! It was a pleasure to welcome you here and hope you will be able to return to explore more of this lovely part of Normandy. The pictures your children drew for me were very sweet - please do thank them.
Alison B
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Having never been to France before I wasn't sure what to expect but from the moment we arrived, it was amazing. The correspondence from the owner Chris prior to arrival and during our stay was brilliant. She was so helpful and informative about the area, guiding us to where the best places to visit were.
As for the gite itself, the place was spotlessly clean and had everything a family could want. The welcome pack was indeed welcoming and due to the time we arrived on a Sunday afternoon, Chris had arranged to buy some groceries for us which came in really handy.
Definitely worth a visit and a re-visit for the husband and I.

10 Sep 2017
Thank you for all your kind comments. I'm pleased your first holiday to France was such a positive one and that you enjoyed exploring this part of Normandy. I loved that you had a plan for the week to really make the most of your time here. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back so you can visit those places you didn't get to see or spend more time in Villedieu and Hambye Abbey where I know time was a little short. Many thanks for choosing Maison Ella.
Mike T
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous base in Normandy”
Reviewed 8 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Exactly as described, this is a modern barn conversion with all mod cons. Very comfortable, spacious and well-equipped. We visited with a family of four, but it felt like the house could cope with eight! Two great bathrooms, plus a separate toilet/laundry; large kitchen/diner; very large lounge; airy entrance hall with a beautiful wooden staircase and balcony. The kids loved the internet, which allowed them to both watch Netflix at the same time. Owner (Chris) is very friendly but not intrusive - handily lives next door, in case of problems (we had none).

Very handy supermarket (with cheap fuel) about a mile into town, and a great pizzeria, but otherwise we did not find Gavray very well served. Nearby Granville, Coutances or Villedieu offer better choices for dinner or shopping. The obligatory trip to Mont St Michel took a leisurely hour, but was unmissable!

We can thoroughly recommend this to anyone looking for a modern, well-finished property. We've stayed in "rustic" gites in the past, but wanted somewhere where everything worked and the hot water didn't run out - this ticked all of the boxes! An excellent base for exploring Normandy.

14 Aug 2017
Thank you for your very kind review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the facilities provided in the gite and all the mod cons. It's certainly changed a lot since it was converted and I really appreciate the feedback. The weekly highlight in Gavray is the market on a Saturday morning so it's shame you missed it but hope you enjoyed eating at Hotel de la Gare. As you rightly say, there are more shops and restaurants in the larger towns surrounding Gavray and all within a 20 minute drive. Many thanks for choosing my property and would love to welcome you back to Normandy in the future if you fancy exploring more of the area.
Queen B
“Well equipped, delightful gite”
Reviewed 22 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Had a great week here in early July, 4 adults in 2 cars. Ample parking in a quiet courtyard beside the owner's home. Three modern, spacious bedrooms with 2 ample shower rooms. Clean, bright and well looked after.
The kitchen/diner is large and bright with plenty of crockery, cutlery and glassware and all the utensils and gadgets you could need for a lazy summer week away. Chris left a lovely basket of goodies for us, and even did a little shopping because we arrived late on Sunday evening when nothing much was open - above and beyond I'd say!
The pretty, enclosed rear garden is a great asset - whilst no longer having little children to take on holiday I can see how toddlers or primary schoolers would be safe and entertained there (with even a selection of outdoor toys available).
The very nearby town of Gavray has some nice bars, shops and restaurants, and Chris will happily recommend things to see and do.
A lovely property and a lovely owner too, I'd happily recommend this gite.

23 Jul 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to welcome visitors here. If you decide to return to discover more of the area, I'd love to welcome you back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing