“Consistently good!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have been coming to the Tigers Head for years and have never been disappointed! The food and service are excellent . Menu varied and prices are good.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank lovelylesley55
TigersHeadManagement, Manager at Chef and Brewer Tigers Head, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello Lovelylesley

I am very glad that we have never disappointed you over what seems to be some considerable time and that both our food and service are excellent. I must just add though that I am extremely relieved that it is our prices that are good and our menu that is varied and not visa versa, for I am pretty sure that that may have led to entirely different review!

Thank you for your lovely review Lovelylesley

Kind regards.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We enjoyed our meal. The food was fine. Unfortunately the pub had run out of real ale and the lady behind the bar was somewhat rattled. However, our waitress was helpful, efficient and pleasant. We sat at a large table near the window and enjoyed a good view of the common. A pleasant evening.

Review collected in partnership with Chef & Brewer

Hello Patrick,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your food and the view out of our window. It is a view that should have afforded you the vision of the gas man delivering to us the gas which would have enabled us to deliver the ale that was sitting in our cellar directly to your glass. He was however over 25 hours late so sadly this was not to be.
I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant evening and I hope you come back and see us again soon as I am 100% sure that by then our tardy gas delivery will have arrived and you will be able to top off another pleasant evening with a pint or two of real ale.

kind regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely Sunday lunch with friends Sunday roast trio was splendid topped of with good service from the waitress

TigersHeadManagement, Manager at Chef and Brewer Tigers Head, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello William B,

It's always nice to hear that our food is splendid so thank you very much for that, but it's doubly nice to hear that such splendid food was topped off with a generous portion of good service from your waitress.

I hope that we will see you again soon so that we can make you smile once again.

kind regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with my husband and two grown up children the atmosphere was excellent as was the food and service the only reason I gave 4 out of 5 is because we were seated next to “victor meldrew” and his wife who complained incessantly about everything and kept pointing fingers at us. I raised this when paying the bill, and again the staff were lovely it’s a shame some adults don’t know how to behave in public

Hello Lyn S

I am glad you enjoyed both your food and the atmosphere here with us and I am so sorry that your experience was marred by the actions and conduct of "Victor Meldrew". I have yet to come up with a vetting system that will enable me to screen such guests at the door and still keep my job.
I thank you for your kind comments and will do my utmost to seat you in a more genial location next time you visit us.

Hope to see you soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018

lovely food lovely service we had a huge cod and chips best I have had in ages and desert was to die for a truly yummy sticky toffee pudding will be back next time we are in the area

TigersHeadManagement, Manager at Chef and Brewer Tigers Head, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hello callumgregson

I am so glad you enjoyed both the food and the service you received on your visit with us and I too am a fan of the sticky toffee pudding, however, next time you visit us you absolutely must try the cookie bake, it is simply divine.

Kind regards from a kindred desert aficionado..