“Disappointing Breakfast”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I ordered the Joe’s Cafe Breakfast. This was really disappointing. I have ordered this on several occasions and really enjoyed it. Today the scrambled eggs were cold. Normally the bacon has been back bacon, today it was very fatty streaky bacon, which was cold and greasy and over cooked. It was crunchy. I prefer my bacon cooked but not hard. I had brown toast with it, which had hardly touched the toaster and the butter on it was almost non existence.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We hadn't booked, but staff managed to find us a table even though they were really busy. The staff here are really friendly and helpful and there is a good atmosphere. Our waiter Camillo went above and beyond to explain the meal and discuss with the kitchen changes to suit my dietary needs, which was much appreciated. The food was very good and we had a lovely time. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Good Sunday roast lunch - great value and enjoyed the selection of vegetables and of course the beef ! They were also accommodating in giving us the extra gravy. Good little spot for family and friends for a fab Sunday lunch ! Would return back again .

Reviewed 19 February 2018

This used to be nice, but I think it may be cutting costs with too few staff, a surly manager and smaller than ever portion sizes. We had lunch here and it calling it mediocre would be kind. I am sure I remember better and nicer fries and the burger was overcooked for me, making it quite small and dry. The waitress was very friendly, but not entirely with it and when we mentioned our food woes to the manager, he was a bit defensive and there was no offer of any restitution. Oh, they also serve pepsi rather than coke, which is a cardinal sin for me! :-) With the Bromley food court opened and so many other great lunch choices in the area, I'm probably not coming back here again. It's not cheap, and it just isn't good enough quality. Pity, it used to be good!

1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I've been with my partner and my three daughters last Sunday and we enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and the really friendly staff, a huge thank to Sidonie who help us with the right choices of food and drinks....absolutely to recommend !!!