“Lovely pizza”

Franco Manca Bromley
Ranked #39 of 280 Restaurants in Bromley
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 40
Description: The pizza is made from slow-rising sourdough (minimum 20 hours) and is baked in a wood burning 'Tufae' brick oven made on site by specialised artisans from Naples. This oven produces a heat of about 500c (930f). The slow levitation and blast-cooking process lock in the flour's natural aroma and moisture giving a soft, easily digestible crust.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have been here quite a few times now and I really enjoy the pizzas. Only once had the pizza not been as good as it normally is (I think it was Margarita) but every other time it has been really delicious. I enjoy the vegetarian choices and especially the Goat's curd one. Nice drinks and starters too, although I tend to just order pizza as they are filling!
Nice thin bases and tasty toppings!
Porbbaly see you in the next couple of weeks!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Family of 4 with teenagers. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant and looking at the menu, soon discovered that there were only 7 pizza choices. Though not a disaster, would have liked more to choose from. Drinks - as far as I concerned, nothing is better with pizza than a coke and there are none on the menu. Again, not a disaster, but would have like the choice. Started with garlic bread, which was very good. I ordered a no.7 pizza that had potatoes on it, as did my wife. I understand they have an ethos of quality ingredients and sustainability, but you also need some taste with it and our no.7 was bland.
I am not a fan of Pizza Express, but it is better pizza than F.M. and both of them are not even close to Fireball or Sapora. I am glad we tried F.M., but will not be going back.

Franco M, Admin at Franco Manca Bromley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Glen D,

Thank you for your review.
We are always trying to improve and would love to hear your feedback better.
Please, would you be kind enough to contact me directly at socialmedia@francomanca.co.uk so that we can discuss this further?
Sara

Reviewed 11 March 2018

After being turned away from the doorstep of Pizza Express in Bromley, Widmore Road telling us they have no table for us even though we had a confirmation on our mobile we managed to get a table at Franco Manca. They did not just rescue my Mother's Day treat for my kids but they have outdone themselves by giving me a goody bag with lovely treats like sourdough bread (yum, :) my favourite, not much left by the time we got home as my little one kept nibbling)/ The food was delicious and service exceptional. Absolutely loved it and as my older daughter summarised, this is her most favourite restaurant in London from now on. Thank you Franco Manca for a lovely day out.

2  Thank evicka2018
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We ate here on Mother's Day. It was our first visit and the place was very busy, but luckily we booked in advance. The waitress was lovely and explained everything about the menu. My kids ordered the fresh orange juice and lemonade, both of which were lovely and I think it's great as they would normally ask for fizzy named stuff. It was great as my son asked what organic was and ethically sourced and we had a good chat about that. The service was fast (even though it was busy), we shared the cured meats and garlic bread starter. The garlic bread with mozzarella was yummy. Note, there's no wine glasses, only tumblers.
The pizzas were great and a good size. We couldn't eat any pudding. This is a great place for families, but I also think it would be good for a group of adults. There's quite funky music playing and a contemporary feel.
They gave me a lovely Mother's Day present of a goodie bag(fresh bread, chilli oil, Pate and flour) which was a really lovely touch and very thoughtful.
If you want something a little different from the usual high street pizza place, with non brand drinks and eco friendly menu, I would highly recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Had a chance to visit this Franco Manca 3 times and each time I did not leave disappointed. Food is always delicious and the staff that works there are really friendly.