“julieb-kgb deal”

Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Weighton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Lovely hotel set in the heart of the country side, easy to find with sat nav.
The hotel has kept the old world charm with log fires and beautiful decor.
Very good value for money, staff very friendly and attentive.
Would deffinately visit again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliebWestMidlands
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Rowley Manor Country House Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Rowley Manor a couple of weeks ago. We too took advantage of the Groupon voucher. We felt we were treated just the same as if we were full paying guests. The staff were friendly and the hotel was clean and well furnished. A long driveway set in its own grounds in fact a typical country house hotel. Our room was a little on the small side but we were only staying one night so it was not an issue, but we did have a large bathroom. The evening meal was very nice and well presented and the waiter / waitress were polite and efficient. I think the 3 course meal was about £32 which we thought quite expensive if you just went there for the meal but as part of the package db&b £79.00 for two overall was a good deal. The breakfast was also very good, no complaints at all. A nice touch at checkout we were told if we wanted to come again we would be upgraded to a suite, which was good as we would certainly consider coming again this time with our 10 year old son.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side or back as they have better outlook over the countryside rather than t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This was bought for us by daughter & son in law for Xmas. Beautiful Setting that was the best part as you go through main entrance there are a couple of plastic flower displayed by door not nice! Into reception booked in & shown to our room which we think used to be servants quarters oh dear very dated bathroom avocado green. Could hear a lot from other rooms including toileting etc.
Bar very cosy with fire found only 1 member of staff chatty & friendly that was in the bar in the evening. More plastic flowers, foliage etc everywhere
Evening Meal & breakfast very nice.
Atmosphere not great didnt feel welcomed felt that it was maybe because of being Groupon travellers.
Wouldnt rave about it.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have any better rooms so you will need to enquire.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MIGS111
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We had a special offer 1 night stay including chapagne breakfast. We asked for the champers on check in as I would be driving the next day so alchohol with breakfast was not a good idea for me!

Our room had four-poster bed and many of the original features of this old property. We were comfortable and very happy with it. Nit-picking critiscism would be pointless compared to the joy of staying at Rowley. You can't compare it with 'travel inns', clean and comfortable that they are, but characterless and drab. I think we were lucky to get an offer so we could enjoy a place like Rowley that would not normally be affordable to us.

The bar was lovely with an open fire blazing as we viewed the menu before dinner. Dinner itself was very good, well prepared, cooked and served.

I'm sure we will be back again. We were advised to check with the hotel directly in future as they would do their best to match or beat any offers found elsewhere. This makes sense as the hotel only gets what's left after the likes of Groupon have had their cut. It was pleasing to hear and is an example of the flexible, professional and can-do attitude of the staff in general.

It's a very different and special place. I do wish them success and good fortune for the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed here after purchasing a Groupon voucher for an overnight stay which included a three course meal and breakfast for two. I originally booked to arrive on a Thursday evening only to be phoned a week before arrival by Rowley Manor, and told that they would have to cancell my booking that I had made months in advance due to now having recieved a booking for a wedding who wanted to have sole use of the Manor. They offered me a booking the day after with a room upgrade for our inconvenience which we agreed to but it wasn't a fantastic first impression even though I do understand that taking the wedding booking would be more profitable to them. When we arrived we were just wearing jeans & casual tops after visiting Beverley before we headed to the hotel, the male receptionist looked us up and down & decided we were clearly not a high enough class of client to warrant good manors and we felt as though our money was clearly not good enough which left a bad taste in our mouths for the rest of our visit. We were shown to room 2 our upgraded room. Its a large room, the bathroom facilities are basic though to say it's a superior room just a bath with shower mixer taps, a wobbly holder for the shower head & a shower curtain that clung to you every time you dared to move during a shower. The floor boards make a terrible noise as you walk across them in the bedroom there was hardly any floor area that did not groan as you stepped on it. It's an old building fair enough but it does get annoying during the night - if you are trying to creep to the bathroom forget it the whole building knows your up! When we arrived during the day the roller blinds in the bedroom & bathroom were up but when we lowered them for night time in both the bathroom & the bedroom there were squashed flys & dead bugs on the blinds that had been hidden before which was really gross & it's basic housekeeping which should be of a higher standard for such a 'posh' hotel. So to the 3 course meal we sat down in the left hand corner of the dining room next to a window & all we could smell was damp. At first it was really overpowering but we became less aware of it as the meal progressed, however you could clearly see in the corner near the skirting board the red wallpaper was peeling & damaged by the damp. Food was mediocre nice but nothing to write home about my husband was very disappointed with his belly pork as it was nearly all fat & no meat. We were served at dinner by the same gentleman who dealt with us rather snobishly at check in, we had however changed before dinner into our smart evening wear and this change in our appearance was obviously 'classy' enough for him to treat us with some mild courtesy during the meal. Our bed well one side was so soft it almost gave way & the other was hard. I do think the mattress is designed that way for guest that appreciate different mattress types but even allowing for that it had still clearly given up the ghost. My poor husband slept on the soft side & I spent all night being rolled onto his side due to the soft side being practically on the floor it was also not very long were both of average hight 5'6 & 5'8 buy we spent the night hitting our feet against the brass bottom of the bed, which was uncomfortable. Breakfast was again mediocre sausages were cheap & nasty catering sausages overall portions weren't hearty to say the least just not great really, I have had better at Premier Inns & Travel Lodges which are considerably cheaper. We had a nice older gentleman upon check out who was very friendly. We asked if we had actually received a room upgrade as due to the condition of it we really were not sure if you could call it an upgrade but he replied oh yes room 1-6 are the best and if you can get room 1 it's well worth it as it is the best in the hotel. It left us wondering what we would have found in a standard room if ours was superior!!! Rowley Manor has previously had a great reputation & I do feel that they have become very complacent & are now trading off their former reputation which is a great shame as the building is in a wonderful location with breath taking views. Weddings from what I can see have become Rowley Manors primary concern as they are obviously the biggest source of its income & whilst the grounds & location are perfect for weddings, I have to say having been to Rowley Manor now I would certainly not choose to have a wedding reception there, as I would be very disappointed with the overall standard of the hotel & some of its staffs attitudes. Our Groupon voucher cost me £89 which apparently according to the voucher itself saved me a total of £244 on the price of our stay based on two adults staying the night in a standard room & both having a 3 course meal & breakfast. We would of had to pay even more for the upgrade to a superior room!!! We feel that these prices are outrageous for the current standard of the hotel, food & service. If I had paid full price of £333 I would have been very angry with the standard of our stay, and would have demanded some refund. I feel that the full asking price is totally unjustified I would only be
happy to pay the £89 that we paid for our stay & not a penny more! In my opinion the hotel is only worthy of 2 stars and the majority of that score is given for its location & views across the countryside. We were very disappointed & we would not stay there again, let alone recommend it to others. Reviewed in April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
9.3 km away
Premier Inn Beverley Town Centre Hotel

Been to Rowley Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK