“A fantastic, enjoyable experience from start to finish!”

Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Weighton
“A fantastic, enjoyable experience from start to finish!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I booked Rowley manor for 1 night for my boyfriend as a surprise for his birthday. I spoke to Paul who was very helpful, he booked the room for me, I said to him why I was booking it and he said I will see what I can do and get the best room he can. Well, we got room 1 and it was the best room we've ever stayed in ever! We was greeted by Paul upon arrival, he remembered me even though I called a while before our visit which made us feel special! He asked us to book dinner as it was part of our groupon deal, this was lush! We were full after our second course but we had to eat our desert, just couldn't leave it! We felt very comfortable and relaxed during our stay! The staff especially Paul were fantastic, he even introduced us to Amanda the owner, she was lovely. Nothing seemed too much of a bother. When we checked out, the gentleman was very keen to talk to us and asked if we had a nice time, he offered us the same deal again which I thought was fantastic! It's all booked for November! We can't wait to come back! Thank you Rowley manor! Xx

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Juliapank
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have read the other reviews and my experience was a little different! stayed in a nice room (5)
most comfortable beds and warm and clean. the evening meal was not great. I had soup but my friend had a goats cheese tart and the pastry was uncooked ! the main was a little better if you can call almost raw cauliflower better. the food could have been much better and the overall look of the place was tired and in need of extra staff to care for the numbers of guests they have each night. staff were very friendly and the stay and was reasonable value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie T
yorkshire
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for my birthday in March. Checked in and was given our room. Unfortunately the waste bin in the room and also the one in the bathroom hadn't been emptied after the last people staying. Also the toilet appeared to be blocked. Not a good start. Room was ok but in need of some fresh paint. A couple of large cobwebs hung down from the ceiling! Our deal included a glass of sparkling wine and olives on arrival or before our meal and we had to ask for them after waiting at the bar before we went into the dinning room. Yes, too many imitation flowers about but the open fires in reception, bar and dinning room was a nice touch. Our meal was good, as was the service. A quiet location down a private drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank holifanatic
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We arrived an hour early and were given our key, we went to get into our room, but it was being serviced. We did have a ittle peep and were very happy with what we saw.
I asked if it would be possible to eat, but as there was a wedding on, we couldnt, as no food is served when there is a wedding. We went in search of a pub that was open to serve meals. We did find one in the next village.
On our return, it was a beautiful sunny day, we sat out in the garden with our drinks, having been served by Carl, he is very pleasant, very chatty and makes you feel very welcome.
Althought there was a wedding there, it didnt seem very busy or the staf feel pressured. it is a very calm hotel.
Our room, i pre booked a four poster room, i think it was No4. straight ahead at the top of the stairs. the room was very spacious, and had a four poster, a HUGE four poster. the room was very big, the only thing i could fault is the fan in the bathroom is very noisy! it doesnt make for a relaxing bath, a suggestion would be to have a cast iron roll top bath in the room and only have a toilet in the bathroom with a small basin. But, saying that, it was superby decorated clean and very very comfortable.
The evening meal was superb, a little on the expensive side, but very very nice, the room, i had seen it empty earlier on in hte day, but in the evening it had been tastefully rearrranged and it was a very classy restaurant. in all rooms was a huge log fire, they were welcoming. After the meal we sat in the bar, it was quiet and really calming. the bar area, was tastefully comfortably decorated.
We slept very well with no disturbances. Breakfast, we went at 9am, the clocks changed the night we were there, everything was running well, the buffet was very well stocked, and the lady cam to take our brakfast order, we chose full English. We did have toast too. It was served well and was tasy too. There was a little disturbance in the room, with a gentleman having some kind of problem, but it was delt with very very well, in an efficient manner. We booked aout at 10am the monday morning. Everything booking out was very good and dealt with in a friendly effiient way.
I would recommend this hotel for a quiet get away. Oh, WiFi is available, upon request, you are given the code, with no problem. it was very clean, tidy and friendly. on the Saturday afternoon, i sat at the side of the fire in the bar reading, and was not bothered or interupted. (this i like).
I WOULD go again!!!

Room Tip: Ours was room 4, it looked out onto countryside far and wide. Was very comfortable and had a four p...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my wifes 40th birthday so wanted somewhere special. When we drove up to the hotel i thought i'd come the wrong way as we were at the back, so i was a little disappointed to find this was the entrance, especially having seen pictures of the manor on internet. I was even more disappointed when we walked in our room (14) to find that our view was of a sloping slate roof. When i asked to be moved i was told they were fully booked although when i booked i explained that it was for a special occasion i was assured all the rooms were lovely but if i wasn't happy with the room when i arrived i could upgrade.
There was no kettle in the room so i had to ask for one and there was only 3 hangers in the wardrobe.
When we went down for dinner we sat in front of lovely open fire for drinks before being shown to our table, the meal was lovely and service very good.
Overall the hotel was nice although parts of it are in need of redecoration especially our room which had lining paper and parts had been missed when painted, and the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask which room you're in as the rooms on 2nd floor (especially 14) aren't as n...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7.4 km away
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby

Been to Rowley Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK