All reviews chicken kiev homemade chips coach trip wedding reception function room piping hot coach party yogurt durham disco executive chilton
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Having read the recent reviews I really thought we were in for a bargain but sadly I am driving home with a bad back , tired and very disappointed with the lack of service. On arriving we had to sort our rooms and bookings out as there was a bit of confusion there but the chap was helpful and sorted it out.
The first night 5 of us stayed and another 4 joined us for the second night and we all found the rooms to be very basic.
None of us were able to sleep very well , beds were uncomfortable and you could here the disco that went on to the early hours and then some other guests on our first night Cleary took the party back to there room right by us and we were unable to sleepover till 2 am and even then the beds didn’t allow you to sleep for long.The second night was much the same but this time we had kids and adults going up and down the corridor till about midnight.we had people sitting outside on a bench till late shouting and smoking so couldn’t have our windows open.
The food at breakfast was good but no standard of service at all it was a case of figuring it out for your self and giving your order for food, coffee was out but waited for someone to refill it and had to ask more then once for tea and cleans glasses for juice.
In the bar on Friday the ladie serving was pleasant.
Unfortunately on Saturday we couldn’t say the same most were rude and we were made to feel like everything was too much trouble with the expectation of one young ladie that was very polite and kind.
We have stayed here before a few years back and enjoyed our stay so we are massively disappointed and wouldn’t stay again when visiting family. I would rather pay more for better service and more comfortable beds.Overall the food was good but the service and rooms very poor.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Natski1981
Michael C, Manager at Chilton Country Pub and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear sir/maddam,
Many thanks for taking the time to forward your feedback.
I would like to express our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with certain aspects of your stay.
I have passed your comments onto our team who will take necessary action to address the issues.
I do hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I deliberately chose a small local hotel rather than a chain. If friendliness was the only factor then this place would be award winning hands down!
The staff, especially the lady who served my breakfast on my first day (who deliberately sat me somewhere so I wouldn’t feel stand out being a solo traveller) and the lady who served lunch in the pub on Tuesday. And the food especially the first breakfast was the best.
The room I had was very spacious which was fab as I was working in the room during the day. But the bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in and I had better showers in student accommodation. This was a mixer tap shower and clearly you only need a teeny turn of the hot tap or you scald yourself and I probably would have got more power from the sink tap.
The comedy Faulty Towers moment was on the first morning when the lady who cleans the room knocked on the door completely flustered at having found out the hotel had an overnight guest and then asked me what I needed. Interesting approach to housemaid service.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear. sir/maddam
Many thanks for taking the time to forward your feedback.
I do hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Rooms clean and well appointed. May be a bit biased because my husband and I were allocated the bridal suite which was extremely comfortable and spacious. The set menus for the tour were well thoughtout and varied. The restaurant staff were friendly, excetionaly helpful and very efficient. The rest of the staf were also friendly and efficient. The only drawback with the hotel is the locality. There is a bridal path to the village but the country road lacks a suitable pavement for walking.

Room Tip: Small hotel only 25 rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear sir/maddam
Many thanks for taking the time to forward your comments.
It is always beneficial to receive such positive feedback. I have passed your comments onto our team,

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent facilities. Luxury beds, excellent food and service. Came on a business trip and slept so well.food was exceptional and great value for money. Hoping to return here on a holiday after such an enjoyable trip.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear sir/maddam

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel
Staff r very helpful
And the rooms were exceptional and of high standard
Breakfast was was to high standard

The lady in the morning was very helpful and gave me directions .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family