All reviews high ceilings the main square adjoining cafe beautiful hotel lovely boutique old town free coffee fan and air conditioning an iron hot water boutique hotel within easy walking distance walled city nice pool two blocks old house pool area
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This hotel was great. It had a lot of character. The staff were very nice, friendly, and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The great thing is the atmosphere--very unique colonial style. I took more pictures of the hotel than of anything else in Campeche. It was also a great price for what you get! The price did not include breakfast but it was available for about 95 pesos.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018

SUPER friendly staff! Great location! Very beautiful and large room! Will definitely stay here again when in Campeche!

The only negatives are the shower head and the bed was a bit too hard for my liking, but not horrible.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Very charming hotel located two blocks away from the main square, the architecture and the decoration of this place is just too cool with lots of color and Folk art from Mexico, you can actually buy some of the items displayed. As an art collector I felt like I was home away from home.

The room was more than spacious and with a private balcony that made our stay more than perfect. The room was always clean and neat. Something I would suggest id to have more comfortable bedding and have more pillows (as the bed was a bit hard and the pillows were thin)

The pool is fantastic for the hot weather. Also they have a cafeteria that was just great.

All the staff was extremely friendly and very fluent in Spanish.

We had a great time and I would definitely would go back and stay there and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I can't say enough good things about Hotel Socaire and am so grateful that I booked here for our most recent trip to Campeche. The front desk staff is friendly and welcoming. They also speak English, which is a plus. The air conditioned rooms are spacious and comfortable, with modern bathrooms and convenient amenities, like toiletries and hairdryers. Mid-day is the perfect time to lounge in a hammock by the pool or cool off in the water. (Towels are available for free at the front desk.) And, the cafe attached to the hotel opens an hour before any of the local restaurants, so you can get an early-morning coffee fix. (It's also a convenient spot to grab an evening snack if you don't feel like venturing out to Calle 59.) What I enjoyed most about the hotel, however, is its historic feel. Heavy dark wood doors, pasta tile floors, and colorful, hand-embroidered pillows all lend to Hotel Socaire's authentic Mexican flair and truly make it a stand-out establishment.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

As a long-term traveler, I've come to see many properties, and had my fair share of expectations being met and not met. I can honestly say this was one of our most favorite hotels of our entire trip so, not to mention one of the most inexpensive.

Campeche has a few things to do, but to be honest outside of the architecture not fully worth the 2 hour trip down from Merida. However, this hotel alone made the trip worth it. Even if you come through just to stay here and hang out by the pool, you won't be disappointed.

The rooms are huge and historic, with antique furniture. The grounds are beautiful - we felt like we were staying in a hacienda. The pool was perfect - stunningly beautiful, comfortable, etc. The location is a block or two away from anything downtown.

In short, go far out of your way to go to this hotel. It was well worth it.

Room Tip: Luxury hotel with a hacienda feel at budget prices.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple