“Worth the wait”

Ranked #44 of 154 Restaurants in Campeche
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Its not the quickest restaurant in town. We waited for over 40 minutes for our breakfast, but when it came: superb! Lovely omelette, great natural "energy drinks" and a delish yoghurt with fresh fruits. Everything is "made to order", no prepped food. Worth the wait.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Be careful with this restaurant. The lady in charge is very rude, especially if there is a problem with the food. Lots of sugar in our beverages which we explicitly asked to be sugar free. When we complained we were told too bad for us. our food looked and tasted ok, but it gave me immediate and explosive diarrhea. My husband fared better than i did, but he too was out of commission for the day. So watch out for this place that purports to be healthy and pleasant and serve fresh clean food. Looks attractive on the outside but who knows what is going on in the kitchen. I can only say from the other reviews of this place that it has seriously gone down hill.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have eaten here many times, if for no other reason than the staff. Omar Sanchez, the chef is a great way to start your day because of his cooking, but also because he is a warm pleasant person who does his best to serve exactly what you want. Clearly , cooking is an art form in his hands. The place is simple on the surface but it includes many other parts like the shop, organic coffee, and yoga in the back. All of the staff work together and are very pleasant. Yes, speaking some Spanish is helpful but the menus are written in at least 3 languages

2  Thank naturescape
Reviewed 9 February 2013

1. Atrapasuenos - on calle 10 between 59 & 61. Connected to a yoga studio it serves very good breakfasts (including eggs), wonderful teas and coffees.
2. Natura 2000 - on called 12 between 55 & 57 - this was our favourite. So inexpensive it is hard to believe. Highly recommend the fruit salad, the tamales and the range of burgers.
3. Nutrivida - on calle 12 between 57 and 59. They have a vegetarian 'chicken' sandwich that is so convincing that we got worried that we were actually eating chicken. Also recommend the chorisoya sandwich. Very, very inexpensive.
4. Pizza - on calle 12 near calle 61 - I cannot remember the name of this pizza place but my guess is that Sicily is in the name because it is very oriented towards Italy and Sicily in particular. A high quality Sicilian style pizza that was just great and not salty like so many pizzas are.
5. Rosemary - corner of calles 16 and 65. Not vegetarian but you can ask. I loved both the omelet and the baguette filled with a fried egg and served on creamed spinach. MMM - I still can remember it. (You DO have to make clear that you don't want meat) It is also a very good and friendly atmosphere. Note: Duck your head when you go into the bathroom.

7  Thank Kate6052
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed in Campeche for 3 days and had most of my meals at Atrapasuenos once I found it. It was nice taking a break from Mexican food, and it was delicious, prettily presented and served with a small. MMhh, their mamey-milkshake dessert was great! And wonderfully affordable as well, 3 courses, 85 pesos. And they didn't care if I hung around reading my book after I finished dinner/breakfast, etc. Perfect.

1  Thank Christina2012june