See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We showed up early for our 4 night stay (at 10am) but the room was not ready. The lady told us 2pm but took our name and grabbed our reservation. We came back shortly after 2 and tried to check in and were told the room was not ready. The front desk staff don’t speak English and went and got the manager. After explaining that we had been told the room would be ready she upgraded us to a better room that was ready right away. The rooms are spacious and cleanish. They clean the main stuff just don’t look under the beds or the tv stand like I did looking for kids toys. Beds were super comfy and shower was the best we had in Mexico! Nice pool
Downstairs but be careful with kids as none of the slimmer holes have covers on them and my kid stepped in one and almost took off his foot. Overall it was a nice hotel and good value for the money but we there is definitely room for improvements

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The good: Excellent location, on one side you have rooms with view to the sea (there is no beach), on the other side you can see the fortified wall and downtown. Lots of places to eat and visit, downtown is within walking distance.

The bad: at $35 USD a night it could be a bargain or just what you pay for, the difference is on which room you get. If you have to stay there make sure you get one of the new remodeled rooms, (the ones you see in their photos, 4th and I believe 5Th floor) which almost make it a 4 star hotel. Other wise you'll walk into a very old, small, not so clean room that is worth of a 2 star hotel.

Staff is friendly but not very helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a remodeled room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HolmesSaltillo
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We checked in and checked out 30 minutes later. There were little bugs running around on the furniture surfaces and on the counter in the bathroom. I'm just disgusted. The pictures are over exaggerated, this place is rundown and very shabby.
The hotel staff will not give me a written confirmation that I am not staying the night so that I can get a refund from Expedia. I'm not sure what to do. I'm so disappointed and just lost and disgusted. DO NOT STY HERE.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gascoin
Reviewed 6 January 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Christmas 2013 and were happy to be returning. We even got the same room we had before. I don't know what happened to this place.
If you use a Hotel Booking service, see the room before you check in. Check that the shower is working and the Mirror is clean
The Hotel is paid when you check in making it harder to check out and not pay for the whole stay.
The Hotel graciously paid us the remainder in cash and we moved to a different hotel

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2016

If you want to stay in a hotel that has no maintenance at all, that in the first day you arrive there is no water, the bed linen is of dubious origin (you do not know if it is either partially clean or they just used the one of the previous guest), on your second day you want to take a nice warm shower and surprise there is no hot water, part of your clothes go "mysteriously" missing from your backback and the restaurant is always closed....then this is the hotel for you. Otherwise, run!!!
The only good part of the stay here was getting to know Braulio, the only staff member of the hotel's restaurant, he is a very nice guy with good tips about the city.

Honestly, this has been the worst hotel I have ever been at and I do not recommend it at all.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family