All reviews studio unit cooking facilities poor knights great location would stay again estuary kitchen motel heaps
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Unpleasant customer service, inflexible to move dates of accommodation booked through booking com, although we explained the weather changed and made it impossible to dive. Asked for 2 night where I paid for three still,no go. Main point form the front desk -" I don't need to do this and you will be unhappy anyway". Great work! Customer beware. First time for me to write a review, usually just say thank you and see you next time...

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This motel is very handy for Tutukaka and the different maritime offerings there. The clean, comfortable rooms offer every facility at a reasonable price. A good range of rooms offered with all one could want.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Hoolie53
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Enjoyed the location with estuary across the road, 3 eating establishments 5 min walk and cooking facilities in a studio unit. We were in unit 14 ground level with no view but heaps of room and comfortable bed. The decor was dated but clean and functional. Would stay again

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the Motor Lodge to check in at 7.30pm having pre booked with booking.com. The lady on reception didn't even ask my name and said she was expecting me much later and had sent me a text with room instructions. I advised I had not received a text and had booked thru the website. Her reply " most people just ring direct or drive in it is cheaper and easier". I got taken to room 11 which was large and reasonably fitted out. Went to pull the curtains and they felt damp. Went to make a cuppa and there was a mix match of cups, glasses, crockery and cutlery. Looked like her cupboards had been emptied of old unwanted and unloved cups And glasses and put in the unit. Came to bedtime and the bedcovers were sooo musty. So difficult to breathe at night with this hideous odour. You also have to have the curtains pulled until everyone is dressed as there are no nets and you look directly into two neighbours properties. I advised lady of the musty smell and she just replied it is the humidity. I said not good enough you rent your rooms and they should be suitable and comfortable for the people paying. She just kept arguing and eventually said sorry. Not good enough I am sure there are other places that use dehumidifier a to dispel the dampness. Won't go back

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We had upstairs balcony 1 bedroom apartment.Well fitted out with great bedding options,cooking facilities and washing facilities.the hosts are genial and helpful.The room was clean and tidy.Motel is within walking distance to shop and eating places.Also a short drive to Tutukaka and Matapouri which offer dining and swimming respectively.a great and affordable base from which to explore and enjoy the Tutukaka Coast.

Room tip: Upstairs balcony rooms offer best views and great area to relax
Date of stay: January 2017