All reviews studio unit cooking facilities poor knights great location would stay again estuary kitchen motel heaps
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This motel is very handy for Tutukaka and the different maritime offerings there. The clean, comfortable rooms offer every facility at a reasonable price. A good range of rooms offered with all one could want.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Hoolie53
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Enjoyed the location with estuary across the road, 3 eating establishments 5 min walk and cooking facilities in a studio unit. We were in unit 14 ground level with no view but heaps of room and comfortable bed. The decor was dated but clean and functional. Would stay again

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the Motor Lodge to check in at 7.30pm having pre booked with booking.com. The lady on reception didn't even ask my name and said she was expecting me much later and had sent me a text with room instructions. I advised I had not received a text and had booked thru the website. Her reply " most people just ring direct or drive in it is cheaper and easier". I got taken to room 11 which was large and reasonably fitted out. Went to pull the curtains and they felt damp. Went to make a cuppa and there was a mix match of cups, glasses, crockery and cutlery. Looked like her cupboards had been emptied of old unwanted and unloved cups And glasses and put in the unit. Came to bedtime and the bedcovers were sooo musty. So difficult to breathe at night with this hideous odour. You also have to have the curtains pulled until everyone is dressed as there are no nets and you look directly into two neighbours properties. I advised lady of the musty smell and she just replied it is the humidity. I said not good enough you rent your rooms and they should be suitable and comfortable for the people paying. She just kept arguing and eventually said sorry. Not good enough I am sure there are other places that use dehumidifier a to dispel the dampness. Won't go back

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We had upstairs balcony 1 bedroom apartment.Well fitted out with great bedding options,cooking facilities and washing facilities.the hosts are genial and helpful.The room was clean and tidy.Motel is within walking distance to shop and eating places.Also a short drive to Tutukaka and Matapouri which offer dining and swimming respectively.a great and affordable base from which to explore and enjoy the Tutukaka Coast.

Room Tip: Upstairs balcony rooms offer best views and great area to relax
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Our first impression of this motor lodge was great.
The location is Fantastic, and the manager/ staff were welcoming.
However on entering our unit it seemed our room had been vacant for some time as a musty smell was evident although Windows had been opened, the decor and bedroom seemed dusty although the shower, toilet and kitchen were spotless.
We were disappointed that for $150 per night no sky was available and our internet option had glitches which the owner/ manager however did respond to when reported to them the following morning.
The biggest downfall which was only discovered on vacating ...was a used tissue and a bottle of lubricant under our double bed and a sanitary wrapper under the single bed, which clearly meant cleaning was not checked or done properly.
At this tariff I would expect better.

Room Tip: Check under beds....
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family