All reviews my husband and i rick's cafe porridge our honeymoon very special place down the road heart and soul flower petals heaven on earth an adventure beautiful property take care donald maxine cove bunny boat
Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

I was looking for a chill Christmas getaway in the real Jamaica and I totally found that at Coral Cove.

This place is a gem and the Hibiscus Cottage was perfection! There are only two cottages tucked away at the end of the property and I was lucky enough to get one and have a great neighbor during my stay. I loved my little Jamaican home and the outdoor shower was an amazing bonus...not something I can have in freezing NYC.

Now the staff, I hesitate to use that word because they really feel like friends and family now...they are excellent! There aren't enough words to explain how welcome and included they made me feel. The food is delicious (they made my favorite, ackee and salt fish), the rooms are spotless and the drinks are great!...what more can you ask for?

Listen to some reggae, kick back with a Red Stripe and float in The Cove...you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 9 January 2015

Coral Cove was a dream come true and a true Jamaican experience. After a very busy year, I needed a relaxing Christmas vacation, and Coral Cove proved to be just the thing. The small size of the resort meant that the level of personal attention was all I could ask for, whether from the management team, the wait staff, the bartenders, the housekeeping staff and even the groundskeepers. Every one of them was not only helpful but extremely courteous and genuinely nice - my well being was clearly their objective and it showed. I was alerted every day when freshly baked cookies came out of the oven, and every single person on the staff knew me by name. Not only that, but they welcomed us into the community of Little Bay where we were invited to see all the local sites, from the town itself to the local farm to the bat cave to Bob Marley's former residence just down the road. We were not only invited to join the town for their annual Boxing Day celebration for what was an incredibly unique and authentic Jamaican experience, but a Mento band was brought onsite to help ring in the New Year. The accommodations were also wonderful; simple but all that was necessary - the Sunset Cottage offered the perfect amount of solitude and incredible views of the sun setting over the Caribbean Sea. I heartily recommend Coral Cove if you need a restful vacation with the a healthy dose of warm weather, cozy surroundings and some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JesseN4949
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Firstly.. If you want constant pampering and chain restaurants on the property.. Then go somewhere else.

If however.. you want to come and just soak in Jamaica.. this is a great place for you. Small resort by European standards most likely a 2 star hotel/inn. Our room, Momma Beach had no AC wich was not a problem since the whole room is flanked by screened in windows alowing a nice breeze thru and falling asleep to the waves is damn nice. We only used the room to sleep in of course since it's just to darn beautiful outside.

This is a very laid back relaxing resort to come and totally wind down. They do have almost everything you would want, you just have to tell them what and they will get on the phone to make it happen. We had both massage by the waves and a morning yoga session. Bring a book or just say hi to your neigboor and play board games at night while one of the staff sings reggae for you. Just bring a smile and a friendly attitude and you will be accepted as family right away.

Mama is in the kitchen cooking some of the best home cooking I've had in a very long time. True Jamaican dishes like curry goat and jerk chicken.. both outstanding! So.. no menu.. you just get the 4 course meal mama decide to cook for the evening. They will ask you for food allergies and such at check in so all is safe, exciting, fun and delicious!

Do bring wet shoes as the cove right outside is rocky but great for snorkeling. We did see a beach around the bend where the local fishermen are thou.. Did not have a chance to try it out.

We did drive in one day to the 7 mile beach in Negril and parked at Margarita Ville resort... bad choice and a cold tourist-hell slap in the face... lol.. made it for one hour then just had to go back to our cove.

In fact… I wouldn’t mind one bit to go back for seconds :)

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrikgarde
Reviewed 12 December 2014

March 11, 2009 .... A date to remember. We were married at Coral Cove. It's been over 10 years since our first visit and we keep coming back. We planned our special day on a lazy afternoon on the beach while we were already there. From the first time we arrived ... we fell in love with the Natural Beauty, the fishing village and farming communities but mostly the people. One of the very few resorts that gives back to the community it resides. Getting out and meeting the neighbors is encouraged. Bring in a local band and enjoy a private party. Enjoy snorkeling and a private fishing trip. You are Close to crazy night life by vehicle and yet remote where all you hear is the sound of the ocean at night to lull you to sleep. From the best home cooking you will ever experience to the welcome home atmosphere. For all the places we have experienced in Sweet Jamaica ... Coral Cove captured our hearts and remains our ultimate destination.

Room Tip: Visit their web site and talk with staff. They are very good at helping find the right fit. The more cross breeze and windows the better if you prefer not sleeping with air conditioning.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 9 December 2014

I was just at Coral Cove for a wedding I saw a negative review right before we let that made me concerned . We had Been to this resort in the past and I thought maybe things had changed ..I thought it was strange that the traveler had just now written the review but traveled in 2010 oh well must have just gotten to it.. Well the resort has only changed for the positive the food was excellent.. We did the Mayfield Falls I am 54 years old and it wasn't to physical..Bat cave is fun also..You can take a boat ride to Negril and watch people jump off the cliffs at Ricks Cafe the ride is awesome..The sunsets are amazing.The resort is very clean but do remember you are in a very small fishing village at the edge of the bush in Jamaica if you love a little safe adventure and don't want to feel like your at Disney or at a tourist trap destination you love this place it's not Sandals they don't serve the same food everyday and have some chick with a loud speaker doing exercises on the beach.. It's quite but they do play music and party at the bar if you wish or not ..As far as Bartering you are in Jamaica and that is there way it is much worse on seven mile beach in Negril or even worse in Montego Bay .The rates for rides and most tours are posted in the office so we would go there to see what it would cost and it was always that or very close monetarily ..As far as the review I read the more I thought about it and after I reading it again tonight I think that was put on there by another resort or something I just can't imagine I could remember in that much detail after four years..Also that person said he was there in 2010 it's like
he didn't want the resort to remember him because maybe he was never there just a thought .We love this pace and will return again..

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends