“A true taste of Jamaica”
Review of Coral Cove Resort

Coral Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Little Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Firstly.. If you want constant pampering and chain restaurants on the property.. Then go somewhere else.

If however.. you want to come and just soak in Jamaica.. this is a great place for you. Small resort by European standards most likely a 2 star hotel/inn. Our room, Momma Beach had no AC wich was not a problem since the whole room is flanked by screened in windows alowing a nice breeze thru and falling asleep to the waves is damn nice. We only used the room to sleep in of course since it's just to darn beautiful outside.

This is a very laid back relaxing resort to come and totally wind down. They do have almost everything you would want, you just have to tell them what and they will get on the phone to make it happen. We had both massage by the waves and a morning yoga session. Bring a book or just say hi to your neigboor and play board games at night while one of the staff sings reggae for you. Just bring a smile and a friendly attitude and you will be accepted as family right away.

Mama is in the kitchen cooking some of the best home cooking I've had in a very long time. True Jamaican dishes like curry goat and jerk chicken.. both outstanding! So.. no menu.. you just get the 4 course meal mama decide to cook for the evening. They will ask you for food allergies and such at check in so all is safe, exciting, fun and delicious!

Do bring wet shoes as the cove right outside is rocky but great for snorkeling. We did see a beach around the bend where the local fishermen are thou.. Did not have a chance to try it out.

We did drive in one day to the 7 mile beach in Negril and parked at Margarita Ville resort... bad choice and a cold tourist-hell slap in the face... lol.. made it for one hour then just had to go back to our cove.

In fact… I wouldn’t mind one bit to go back for seconds :)

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrikgarde
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 December 2014

March 11, 2009 .... A date to remember. We were married at Coral Cove. It's been over 10 years since our first visit and we keep coming back. We planned our special day on a lazy afternoon on the beach while we were already there. From the first time we arrived ... we fell in love with the Natural Beauty, the fishing village and farming communities but mostly the people. One of the very few resorts that gives back to the community it resides. Getting out and meeting the neighbors is encouraged. Bring in a local band and enjoy a private party. Enjoy snorkeling and a private fishing trip. You are Close to crazy night life by vehicle and yet remote where all you hear is the sound of the ocean at night to lull you to sleep. From the best home cooking you will ever experience to the welcome home atmosphere. For all the places we have experienced in Sweet Jamaica ... Coral Cove captured our hearts and remains our ultimate destination.

Room Tip: Visit their web site and talk with staff. They are very good at helping find the right fit. The mo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 9 December 2014

I was just at Coral Cove for a wedding I saw a negative review right before we let that made me concerned . We had Been to this resort in the past and I thought maybe things had changed ..I thought it was strange that the traveler had just now written the review but traveled in 2010 oh well must have just gotten to it.. Well the resort has only changed for the positive the food was excellent.. We did the Mayfield Falls I am 54 years old and it wasn't to physical..Bat cave is fun also..You can take a boat ride to Negril and watch people jump off the cliffs at Ricks Cafe the ride is awesome..The sunsets are amazing.The resort is very clean but do remember you are in a very small fishing village at the edge of the bush in Jamaica if you love a little safe adventure and don't want to feel like your at Disney or at a tourist trap destination you love this place it's not Sandals they don't serve the same food everyday and have some chick with a loud speaker doing exercises on the beach.. It's quite but they do play music and party at the bar if you wish or not ..As far as Bartering you are in Jamaica and that is there way it is much worse on seven mile beach in Negril or even worse in Montego Bay .The rates for rides and most tours are posted in the office so we would go there to see what it would cost and it was always that or very close monetarily ..As far as the review I read the more I thought about it and after I reading it again tonight I think that was put on there by another resort or something I just can't imagine I could remember in that much detail after four years..Also that person said he was there in 2010 it's like
he didn't want the resort to remember him because maybe he was never there just a thought .We love this pace and will return again..

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank hufferd
Reviewed 3 December 2014

My Fiancé (now Husband) and I had been interested in going away for our Wedding. Fortunately I have heard things about Coral Cove for years from many friends whom have stayed there. Without his knowledge I started communication with the Coral Cove staff to get information regarding the stay and what they offer. After I had looked everything over only then did I present it to him. He was pleasantly optimistic. So, we booked it! The staff at Coral cove is amazing. Rouchelle the wedding coordinator was fabulous about everything. Once we had booked our flight all we did was send them our itinerary so there would be someone to pick us up at the airport. We were greeted with a friendly smile and someone who knows what they are doing. Peter was a great driver and made sure we had our fill of stops to fill up on Red Stripe along the way. :) As soon as we arrived to Coral Cove we were greeted by everyone. Even Marla the best island dog ever was there! We arrived on Saturday but our wedding wasn't until Tuesday so we relaxed. The meals we amazing beyond words. I think we are both still full. The grounds are gorgeous with all of the stunning flowers and perfect sunsets. On our wedding day everyone worked so hard to make sure it was PERFECT and it was. More so than I could have imagined. The staff is not just staff. They have become friends and people we will never forget. Miss Elaine and Keisha prepared the most delicious meals. Donald and Yang made sure our every need was met and never let our glass get empty. Sammy and Duke for moving our bags and helping us with whatever we needed. Bunny for keeping the grounds beautiful every day. I could go on about everyone there for hours! If you like the hustle and bustle of the big city with all the wild nightlife and touristy shopping than this is not your place. However if you are looking for a low key relaxing beautiful place to spend your days fishing, taking bike rides, visiting Blue Hole, swimming or just laying in the hammock THIS IS IT!!! Thank you to everyone there whom made our stay amazing. WE WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: Love the ocean noise for the Tree Top!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I am getting ready for my 3rd trip to Coral Cove Resort. I have been to many islands, and this intimate resort is my favorite. I am returning with a large group of friends-most are first timers to Jamaica.
We were reading reviews to give them a good feel for the experience ahead. I love to travel but seldom write reviews.
I have traveled to the resort both through the mountain and around the coast. It is about the same time either way. The driver will give a great tour and they are happy to stop anywhere along the way. I really recommend the Border Jerk - which is about halfway on the mountain route. It is a great intro to the island culture, with great food and cold Red Stripe!

Rooms at Coral Cove are very comfortable and decorated beautifully! I love the staff and their service --very friendly and accommodating. The food was fantastic & very plentiful. (They also adhere to specific needs of the vegetarian!). The staff was always meeting our needs and provided plenty of snacks/extras throughout the day or night. They even set a private table right on the beach for us one night....we loved it. Coral Cove offers plenty of excursions for the adventurer and if you want peace and quiet...you will have it. For anyone wanting to get away from large crowds of pushy vacationers (at the huge resorts)....this is a GREAT place to be! Come enjoy the Caribbean at Coral Cove!

• Stayed: November 2014
9.9 km away
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#5 of 80 in Negril

Been to Coral Cove Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK