Firstly.. If you want constant pampering and chain restaurants on the property.. Then go somewhere else.
If however.. you want to come and just soak in Jamaica.. this is a great place for you. Small resort by European standards most likely a 2 star hotel/inn. Our room, Momma Beach had no AC wich was not a problem since the whole room is flanked by screened in windows alowing a nice breeze thru and falling asleep to the waves is damn nice. We only used the room to sleep in of course since it's just to darn beautiful outside.
This is a very laid back relaxing resort to come and totally wind down. They do have almost everything you would want, you just have to tell them what and they will get on the phone to make it happen. We had both massage by the waves and a morning yoga session. Bring a book or just say hi to your neigboor and play board games at night while one of the staff sings reggae for you. Just bring a smile and a friendly attitude and you will be accepted as family right away.
Mama is in the kitchen cooking some of the best home cooking I've had in a very long time. True Jamaican dishes like curry goat and jerk chicken.. both outstanding! So.. no menu.. you just get the 4 course meal mama decide to cook for the evening. They will ask you for food allergies and such at check in so all is safe, exciting, fun and delicious!
Do bring wet shoes as the cove right outside is rocky but great for snorkeling. We did see a beach around the bend where the local fishermen are thou.. Did not have a chance to try it out.
We did drive in one day to the 7 mile beach in Negril and parked at Margarita Ville resort... bad choice and a cold tourist-hell slap in the face... lol.. made it for one hour then just had to go back to our cove.
In fact… I wouldn’t mind one bit to go back for seconds :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate 17 room boutique All-Inclusive resort with European Plan/Bed & Breakfast option. Custom designed rooms & cottages, located on a private cove with a protected swimming and snorkeling area. The best of both coastal property worlds, 5 acres with 1/4 mile of ocean frontage with private beaches and natural volcanic cliffs. Ideal for vacations, weddings, and honeymoons. We serve fresh, Caribbean and international cuisine daily and provide tours and activities for guests looking for an authentic rich cultural Jamaican experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Coral Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Cove Hotel Little Bay
- Coral Cove Resort Jamaica/Little Bay