“Not bad for an overnight stop” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa

BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Axbridge
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad for an overnight stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

To be fair to this hotel I arrived late and left early so I literally checked in, went to the room, slept and got up in the morning.

When I arrived the staff were very friendly and checked me in promptly to my room. My room was in a seperate annex of the hotel that's currently being renovated. I had to walk through corridors and up stairs to get to my room.

The room itself was very small and I felt pretty clostraphobic in it. The small TV was mounted in the corner on a wall mount. The free Wifi is not the greatest and just to load an email was taking the longest time.

On the positive side, the room was spotless and the shower powerful. However, you would not want to stop more than overnight because the room was so small.

I walked through the bar and it looked very nice, although I didn't stop for a drink, nor did I eat.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
latonaleisure, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
We are continually improving the hotel and I apologise for any disturbance.Thank you for your comments regarding our bar. The room allocated was a standard room as you were arriving late and leaving early.Hopefully on your return you will be able to enjoy all the facilities of the hotel.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

It's not easy choosing a venue and organising a weekend away and dinner dance for friends and strangers. We searched through many 4 star hotels around the country before choosing the Webbington.
The hotel proved a popular choice with so many local attraction for our guests to visit over the weekend within a short drive.
We found Becky, the Conference organiser, well briefed, resourceful and keen to please, the hotel well managed, staff attentive and helpful and the food excellent and overall the weekend proved value for money.
We had 71 sit down for the dinner dance in the Brent suite, looking magnificent with chair covers, coloured bows, balloons to match. 52 stayed 2 nights and were delighted with the standard and cleanliness of the rooms.
The great thing about the indoor pool was that it was never busy and really warm and relaxing. Unfortunately the poor layout leads to a really long walk to the sauna and steam room.

Room Tip: Invest in an upgrade to one of the superior traditional rooms in the manor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments which I will pass on to the team. We pride ourselves on ensuring all our guests enjoy their time with us and pay particular attention to evens/functions where attention to detail is very important. I am pleased you took advantage of our leisure facility it is great to be able to walk downstairs to have a swim or sauna and not to have to leave the hotel
Beaminster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at the Best Western Webbington Hotel for 8 nights over a two week period while completing training at Bristol Airport, I found the staff at the hotel to be very polite, friendly & helpful. My room was in the main building, was large in size looking out over a beautiful view outside, spotlessy clean with kettle & condiments. I had meals from the bar snack menu in the bar area & as room service, I found the food to be excellent as aslo I had breakfast each morning as part of my room rate, their was hot choices to choose from or pastries, cerials, & yogurts. The waiting staff offered me tea or coffee & showed me to my table, always polite & friendly.
I used the swmming pool which I felt was a good size, I did not use but saw the gym with lots of equipment to use. The hotel is in a quiet location but not far from Weston Super-Mare.
Thank you to all the staff for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Room 6 In main building of hotel & lovely view outside.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Dazzer2000
latonaleisure, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, we try and make everyone welcome particularly guests who stay away for a number of nights.A smile and a friendly face make all the difference when you are away from home
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stay at the Webbington on the way to Cornwall, but it is a good place to see a fantastic area of England. It is near to Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole, Axbridge, Glastonbury, Bristol and the truly lovely city of Wells. The building is a mixture of old and new with some rooms in a newer part at the back of the hotel. The old part is amazing with massive fireplace in the library, beams and oak doors everywhere. The restaurant is very nice and good value , with friendly staff. The icing on the cake is a pool, so you can have a swim before dinner, lovely. The breakfast has all the usual things but the chef will cook you something else if what you like isn't there. We have stayed here several times and like it very much.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are more interesting but do get small amount of noise from the M5 and they do hav...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SusanMary27
Many thanks for your comments we also believe that we have a wonderful location and an excellent leisure facility which is complimentary to our residents
cheltenham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Me , my partner and our 2 y old son stayed there on April 2012 for one night. I did let managment know in advance that we are traveling with our own travel cot. Still, we were placed in the end of the long coridor on the highest floor going. No lifts. Not easy with a little boy and all the baby equipment to carry around. Attempted to go to swimm with my son twice in two days, both time was told it is wrong time for us cause it is for members only. We had a feeling that hotel does not appreciate people with small babies ( noisy, messy etc. ), usually in the size of that hotel you find some activities for kids- little playground or conner, nothing what so ever.
It is a perfect place when you are over 65 and have lots of money in your pocket, drinks are very expensive!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kristusenka30
I apologise if you found our hotel non-children friendly as we work hard to accommodate all guests and cater for a large number of families throughout the year.We have a number of family rooms, childrens menus are available, the pool which is very popular with children is open to cjhildren from 10.00 until 8.00 Monday to Friday and 8.am until 6.00 pm at weekends. Given the proximity of Cheddar, Wookey Hole and the beaches at Weston super Mare we welcome many families and and really look after their every need.

Travellers are raving about these Axbridge hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Axbridge
17.1 km away
Wookey Hole Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole
6.3 km away
Lyncombe Lodge Hotel & Restaurant

Been to BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK