Open today: Closed

from US$ 923.08
from US$ 4,441.03
from US$ 3,125.34
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

We actually used this company twice. Firstly, our tour into Ruaha, secondly to take us from Iringa to Zanzibar. Both of our driver/guides were exceptional. So helpful, careful and knowledgeable. It was rainy season, so the non paved roads were a challenge, but well driven. Both vehicles were a bit “tired”, especially in the front seat, where the engine heat blows onto your feet and it got really hot (to the point of being uncomfortable). What a bonus though, to be able to stand up and look at game with the roof raised. All in all, a wonderful experience and I would definitely use them again. We found game and got close.

Reviewed 3 October 2019

We were a total of seven adults visiting Ruaha. Driver arrived on time in a big 4 wheel drive car built for the tough road. He made all the booking in nice and easy only took a few minutes, then we were in the park. The driver had a good knowledge of the wildlife and where to go. He spotted lots of animals for us and allowed us to take lots of pictures we were not hurried at all.
Thank you for an excellent trip.

Date of experience: September 2019
Tatanca S, Front Office Manager at Tatanca Safari & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2019

Greetings from Tatanca safaris & Tours.Thank you so much, it was great to have trip with you. we wish to travel with you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

We hired a car with a tour driver to go to Ruaha. We went as a family with little kids. The driver was excellent, spoke really good English and was very knowledgable. Unfortunately the car was a different story altogether. It was old with no AC and the fine sand came creeping in fast on the dusty roads. We had a couple of people of people who were asthmatic so had to swop places and go in our private car. On the way in the park, the car wheel flew off. Thankfully we were 2 cars so there was safety in numbers. Not sure if here is maintenance being carried out regularly on the cars. I would be reluctant to go in their cars again.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We had the pleasure of spending 10 days with Michael, our Tatanca Safari & Tours, driver. He drove us 4 American ladies around and always answered all of our questions with a hearty laugh and a big smile. He spoke English very well and helped us learn so much about Tanzania. He was willing to share anything about his country and himself to help us better know the country. He put up with a lot of "crappola" from one of us, who might have gotten on someone else's nerves, but Michael just smiled all the time. He was very knowledgeable about the Ruaha National Park, having worked there for 7 years, and was our guide during our 2 days there. The vehicle was dependable for the entire trip, although he did have to do one little electrical fix one day, but we were on our way in minutes. He said he had a background of being a mechanic before becoming a driver. Good to have your own mechanic with you when you're driving through the middle of Tanzania! We had many schedule and route changes and he went cheerfully along with all of them, even when it meant backtracking several hours on one day. He was friendly but always professional making sure we were always buckled up before getting on the road. We always felt very safe with Michael driving, even on the curviest mountain roads and busiest streets in the cities. I would highly recommend this company and especially, Michael!

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank starbuck914
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I booked with Tatanca by going to their office and talking to the main manager; she gave me a price breakdown and took my information in case other people contacted her (I'm a solo traveler and wanted to join a group). Luckily, two other women wanted to do a day safari; it wasn't what I wanted, but it ended up being great because two *more* people joined, which made the day super cheap! We saw SO many animals, and the guide / driver could not have been better. Michael, our guide, had been driving for seven years and really knew his stuff. He was kind and patient and answered all of our questions! Tatanca is a budget safari - they didn't provide any food or water, but you can get that stuff from local restaurants and supermarkets before going. The reason I'm giving them a four instead of a five is because of what consider to be a shady business practice. The manager asked me for $35 for the park fee in cash and then had the driver pay with a credit card. When I got to the park (and my fault for not checking beforehand), I noticed that the park fee is only $30. I guess she could have been charging for a credit card processing fee, but I don't know *any* credit card that charges 16%. I would insist on paying both the park fee and the accommodation fee at the park in person. That being said - the safari itself was brilliant and a great value, especially with a group!

Date of experience: March 2017