Gede Homestay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Agung Beach Inn(Lovina Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Sunari Beach Resort(Lovina Beach)
The Lovina(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

For me ot was very nice place to stay for one night. You can get a nice price with beutiful view. Room was big with airco and fan. Hot water and good prices in restaurant. U can also take a trip as like watching dolphins with traditional bali boat.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Mr Gede and his Direct family (needs to be stressed) is very friendly. Unfortunately people come and go at the place that say they are related just to do "business" with you. And even more unfortunate is that the tourists staying there was not of the best kind.

Prices are higher than said on e.g. Wikitravels.

Place was dirty, sheets smelled and beds felt dirty. 90% of the people staying there were old men paying for the company of young girls.

The Good points are: Food Was Amazing!! Restaurant is very cheap. The Family was great and very helpful.

I do not really recommend Lovina Beach At all

Room Tip: If you NEED to Stay here, Go for the most expensive room, the other are WELL BELOW any standard
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 29 January 2016

First of all all the people in this place only wants your money, they always trying to rip you off. Dolphin tours, motorcycle prices, etc. Is higher than everywhere. Beach is awful, full of thash, water dirty, even the looking at the beach is unbearable, don't think about chilling at beach. Every time when you go to restaurant or to beach there is always at least 4-5 staff trying to sell you a tour or something else.
Rooms are very bed. Bathroom was dirty, sink was blocked, and don't be surprised if you see a rat in your bathroom, for them you might be a liar. When I told the owner there is a rat in my bathroom he just Do nothing, I asked them to change my room they refused, I had to leave this place middle of the night..
Don't waste your money for this place, there very nice places around.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

We're a 45 min walk from the busy "touristy" downtown area of nearby Lovina and that's why i like this place. We're right on the beach, the nearby warungs are cheap and good, there's an indomaret close to here and the homestay itself has plenty of beer. The rooms are basic but nice (no tv, choice of fan or a/c) and the staff is super friendly. We booked rooms for 15 people here for new year's and they were super accomodating! The rooms range from 200-300,000 rp per night. They can also arrange trips to hot springs or snorkeling (if you're into that sort of thing.)

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

One of my favorite parts of my time in Bali! (I apologize for it taking 8 months to write) I'd written ahead to Mr. Gede, asking if he might give me a Gamelan lesson. We got that and so much more. The day we arrived, Mr. Gede said his family would be playing for us after dinner, kids and adults. Another day, he'd arranged to take us to his master teacher. He and the elder played the temple Gamelan together bfor 3 of us and then I was offered a brief lesson. Mr. Gede also helped me on the bamboo Gamelan at his place.
We shared meals, had lessons in Balinese spirituality, had massages on the beach. And Mr. Gede was available for rides/tours around the area, like the Buddhist temple and thankfully, the bank.
The best inexpensive place to stay. A place with heart and joy. And true Balinese spirit. Thank you Mr. Gede and family!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends