I LOVED THIS RESORT.
My family and I stayed here for 6 nights in a Family Pavilion. The pavilion was located close to the pool and Railay Beach which was ideal for us as we used both extensively. The temperature of the pool and sea water was very warm but I don't like cold water so this was a bonus.
So many positive things have already been written about this resort from the great pick up service from the airport to the warm welcome. We arrived at the resort at 11.30 am and they put us in a temporary pavilion as ours wasn't ready yet. There are only 2 family pavilions and check out is 2.00 pm so I was happy they gave us the pavilion rather than us just hanging around the resort.
The staff we encountered were amazing and very helpful. We had dinner every evening at the resort and always had great service. We ate 3 times at Krua Phranang, the thai restaurant. Also, this restaurant has two air conditioned areas which we preferred as it was very humid and we liked to avoid the mosquitoes.
We all used the spa from massages and facials to manicures and pedicures and everyone loved it. Very serene amazing place.
The resort is huge and it does take a while to orientate yourself but that was part of the fun, especially looking out for monkeys and squirrels. We called a buggy the evenings we went to the restaurant and it always arrived within a few minutes.
The resort is very serious about security and I commend them for this. We witnessed the security guard ejecting people from the pool and other people just wandering through the resort. I wonder if some of the negative reviews on this resort are due to lack of communication from the guests themselves. After all, we are visitors to their country and we need to remember that when communicating with staff who try hard but don't have the language skills.
The pavilions themselves were beautifully decorated and spacious. They were serviced three times during the day; beds and bathrooms in the morning, again in the afternoon when they'd top up the complimentary mini bar items and then turndown service at night with special treats left next to the bed.
Breakfast was a real pleasure. The staff greeted you warmly and bought you your tea or coffee straight away. You could order from the menu - international or asian food. They had the best bircher muesliI have every had and I even managed to get the recipe for it. That's how accommodating the management was!
I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. We were fortunate enough and took advantage of the pay for 4 nights and stay for 6. Still expensive but worth it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayavadee's setting on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park at the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsula perfectly blends lush foliage, limestone cliffs, white sand beaches and the emerald waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort's award winning architecture and tropical landscapes were inspired by the atmosphere of a southern Thai village. Rayavadee's enchanting two-story pavilions and beachfront villas are spread over 26 acres of coconut groves, their spacious interiors and décor providing unsurpassed comfort for the property's highly discerning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rayavadee Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayavadee Hotel Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Resort Krabi/Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Hotel Krabi
- Rayavadee Krabi