“A 5-star experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porjus
Arctic Colors Northern Lights Apartments
Belgium
“A 5-star experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed in the apartments for 7 nights with our 2 children. As others have commented, the accommodation is simple but comfortable and host Patricia is more than happy to provide anything extra you request (we asked for an extra bedside lamp and she sprang to my aid with headache tablets on the last night).

She is also full of practical tips and useful advice on exploring the area.

Toby, her son, made an excellent guide on our snowmobile safari, showing endless patience while we got to grips with the snowmobiles (and digging us out more than once!). He also ably answered all our questions about the local area and indigenous people, so our safari was not only beautiful, but also very interesting. Thanks to Toby as well for showing our kids the intricacies of ice fishing, a definite highlight for them.

We only had one decent night on which to view the lights and even though they were not spectacular (according to locals) we were still impressed and managed to take a few good photos. Many thanks to Patricia for lending us a tripod, and to Yann for alerting us when there was light activity and helping us with the camera settings, allowing us to make the most of this once in a lifetime experience!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Trave11ingMam
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Accommodation is simple, but is very warm and comfortable, with a laptop and free WIFI included which is very useful. Collected and dropped off by the owners at the railway station in Gallivare which was great. Seeing the Northern Lights is never guaranteed, but we had a fantastic display for two of our three nights - it literally happened outside the front door. The owner's house has webcams pointing N,S, E & W so you can keep an eye on the sky in the warm while you wait. You can comfortably fill a few days with locally available dog sledding and snow scootering. The host, Patricia, is very welcoming with lots of advice and extra warm clothing if needed. A good place to unwind, hopefully see the Lights, take some pictures and 'chill' for a few days.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kahjm
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed for 6 nights at the end of January hoping to see the northern lights. We were a little disappointed when they didn't show but it was still a great holiday, very relaxing, and I would come back again. We were picked up in Gällivare and dropped off in Jokkmokk. Everybody we got to know during our stay was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the husky tour and the snow mobile tour that we booked and had great fun cross-country-skiing though the wood. Thank you, Patricia, for a wonderful week!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kerstin O
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I have stay here last week and it was an amazing trip for me...
Patricia and her family are so helpful.. Really thanks..

Patricia ( the owner) is so helpful. She help me with my trip planning and when I arrive she pick me up from the Gallivare station. Even I am travelling alone I dont feel lonely as Patricia always come to knock my door if i need anything.. I feel so warm :)

The Northen Light is just so so amazing!!! Patricia will knock on my door when the northen light is here or there is a webpage to monitor the sky. I saw amazing Northen light on the 24th Jan.. I cant desribe how amazing it is.. You have to see it yourself :)

The dog sledding is also awesome...

This is a very good place for Northen Light and for a relax holiday with nice view around you..

I have been to Norway but fail to see the Northen Light and this is my second attempt and i would say this place is the place you are looking for if you want to see northen light..

and you dont need to spend money on tour to see northen light .. You can wait in this apartment for NL. So this is money saving and dont suffer cold weather waiting NL outside ( this happen when you follow tour)

I will be back again to this lovely place..

Room Tip: Try to write to Patricia for a room that can see NL :)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jacaline
Delaware
Reviewed 25 December 2011

While the apartments are nothing fancy, and the walls are a bit thin, nothing can compare to the hospitality and personal service here by the proprietor, Patricia. Pick up at the airport, stock your kitchen for when you arrive (if late arrival and grocery is closed), photography tips, information about when to view the northern lights, cold weather gear on hand, the list goes on and on. Wonderful opportunities for cross-country ski tours with a expert, helpful, and delightful guide, and person-focused dog-sledding companies in the area as well (not processed group tours). We only stayed here for 4 nights, but I could imagine coming back for 10 days to just get a way completely. It really does feel like a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank delawaresteph

Been to Arctic Colors Northern Lights Apartments? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK