See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Galina Breeze is a micro-business started by ACE (American Carribean Experience) to train and employ local people and improve lives in the community of St Mary's Parish. They are a full service hotel with a great restaurant that serves locally grown foods. They have rooms available for meetings, parties and weddings. The swimming pool has a snack shop (Tuk shop) open nightly to serve the guests and if you need something more there is a Jerk shack where you can rub elbows with hotel neighbors and other guests over jerk chicken and Red Stripe beer.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kaschwartz865
GBTeam, Public Relations Manager at Galina Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We hope you'll come visit us again.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

I previously stayed at the Galina Breeze and found the place very charming clean and comfortable.

On the night of July 20, 2016, I was traveling from Runaway bay to St. Thomas and was tired and stopped for a room. It was late at night and I was very tired. I was informed the room would be 11000 JMD. I pulled out my card and was informed that credit cards are not accepted at night. I was short by 1000 JMD *(10 US) in cash. I was informed that I could go into the town and go to the ATM. I asked if there was a way I could get the room for what I had and leave my phone as security. The worker said he would call.

Upon calling I was informed that the hotel would not assist me, but that they would not rent the room to me because it was too late at night. I am a female and I was traveling alone. I was also informed that I would have to leave the property immediately. I was very disappointed, and ended up having to take a nap on the side of the road as a result of this.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sasha_Roberts
GBTeam, Public Relations Manager at Galina Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. To reduce safety risks to our staff and customers, it has been our policy for the past 5 years to not take guests after 11pm without a reservation. We do not have front desk staff at 2am, so that is why the security guard working with you had contacted management. At the time, it was recommended that you go to the hotel down the road, which would be able to accept a credit card. In the future, we strongly encourage you to call ahead so that we can ensure room availability for you and sort out your payment options in advance.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

This is a nice, small hotel overlooking the ocean in St Mary's parish. It is about a 2 hour ride from the airport at Montego Bay. There is a very nice salt water pool and the dining area overlooks the property. There is a jerk chicken hut on the property. It is a great place to kick bach and relax.

Room tip: The room on the second floor on the end has a wonderful view with cross ventilation.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 299JudyH
GBTeam, Public Relations Manager at Galina Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Thank you for your review! We're delighted that you had a nice stay and hope to see you back at Galina Breeze on your next trip.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

My husband and i wanted a little get away for the weekend and when i stumbled upon Galina (online) i thought it basically fit what i wanted. We drove down on Friday morning from Kingston, the hotel is basically at a corner but you cant miss the sign. We got there a little early and were given a warm welcome, the staff was pleasant. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, numerous plants in bloom, the ocean everything was perfect and CLEAN. To our surprise we were the only ones there but we didn't mind. The rooms are spacious and inviting. When we weren't inside our rooms we were down by the bond fire just watching the waves roll in. They only serve breakfast and everything is freshly grown and delicious... my husband is a vegetarian so there weren't a lot of restaurant close by that catered to his needs once we explain that to the staff they had no prob wipping up delicious dinners for him. There is jerk center on the compound that always has food available however we preferred going into the town to buy fresh fruits from the market or patties. Overall we had a wonderful weekend just relaxing and listening to the waves that could be heard fom anywhere on the compound

Room tip: ocean view
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GBTeam, Public Relations Manager at Galina Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

We're glad you had a nice stay at Galina! Thank you for your review and for sharing your photos. We hope you'll come see us again.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

Had a lovely 2 days. Easy, laid back check in. Felt totally relaxed and un-pressured during stay. Nice simple local breakfast. Best thing was the view -- overlooking Cabarita Island and Port Maria. Different view points, from within room which was a higher elevation, to actual sea level.

Room tip: room 114 has a magnificent view
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GBTeam, Public Relations Manager at Galina Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so glad you had a relaxing stay and enjoyed the view! We hope to see you back at Galina Breeze again.