All reviews off the highway continental breakfast yogurt the east coast stayed here half hour new brunswick great view nova scotia queen martinet floor sofa motel beds stop fridge
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Hotel was very clean and room was comfortable and newly renovated with a nice view of the mountains. Continental breakfast was good with homemade banana bread and boiled eggs, toast, bagels, cereals, yogurt and much more. Owner was very friendly and location is ideal for easy access from highway. Great stop-over hotel for the price and conveniently close to shopping and fast-food restaurants.

Room tip: Second floor rooms are spacious and newly renovated.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I arrived here late at night after travelling over 1300 km across Ontario and Quebec. I ws very tired and pulled up to the first place that ws open. The night Clerk was just closing up but reopened for me without any protest. He gave me a good room and directions as to where I could find some food at that time of night. The room itself was very clean, very quiet and the mattress was very comfortable. The next morning there was a small breakfast served upstairs and once again friendly staff. This is a great place for a stop over for any traveller.

Room tip: Any room is good as it is well away from the highway.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

While looking for a hotel at the halfway plus point on our drive back from the Maritimes I came across this hotel on TripAdvisor. We needed a dog friendly hotel and we were very pleased with our choice. We got a ground floor room with 2 queen beds. They had a tile floor and though the decor is dated it is extremely clean. Free WiFi and a continental breakfast included in the rate. Just off the highway. We will stay here again on our return trips.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Runmimirun
Reviewed 2 September 2016

My room had been recently renovated. The pleasant surprise was the hard-surface floor, it was warm to bare feet and super clean. The room had a very comfortable sofa which was actually a pull-out bed.

When I booked, I received an email from Marie-Claude, thanking me for booking and that was a very nice touch and didn't leave me wondering if my booking was actually received.

Marie is a lovely warm person, seeing to you both coming and going.

Breakfast was good, even included hard-boiled eggs! Great for carb watchers.

The bed was comfortable, the room nicely lit.
Beautiful bathroom and great linens. (always important to me)
Motel is handy to the hwy.

One tiny little thing....a second night table, or just a little table...on the other side of the bed. Can't really call it a 'didn't like', that's harsh.

I would stop here again. This was a great stopping point between Brockville & Halifax.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SLCOntario
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

What a great place to stop for a night of travelling. The owner was so pleasant and she was full of smiles.

Or room had a unique vintage feel and was super clean and bright.

My daughters had a lovely bath in the tub with the lavender scented products the motel provided. They said they felt like it was a spa.

The included breakfast was perfect. So much care is put into every detail of the meal. The food was fresh and delicious. The coffee was amazing. The eating area was very clean and again the owner was full of smiles filling up everyone's coffee.

A wonderful place to stop. I would definitely stay here again on a drive out east.

Date of stay: August 2016