“Amazing space, food... and you will not believe the Wine Cellar...”

Restaurante Remenetxe
Reserve with
Restaurante Remenetxe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Muxika
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2017

I visited in February 2015 (sorry about not posting sooner) a friend invited me and my daughter... There was a crazy winter storm and since it's a bit of a drive from Bilbao.. we were the only table.. So we really got pampered.

It's a family own and run restaurant, We were tended by Jon Andoni Rementeria, one of Spain's top sommeliere's ... The wine selection is incredible, a must if you are in the Bilbao area... worth the drive.. I will come back to Bilbao just to visit Jon and his Sister... Gracias a mi amigo Aitor

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Late arrival in Gernika stopped here for dinner before unpacking.

Warm and welcoming service.

Good food - nice Gernika peppers, good grilled prawns, nice mains of Hake, lamb cutlets and others.

Fantastic caller with wide range of wines from Spain and France and wider afield. Knowledgable and friendly somelier.

Definitely worth trying.

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Recommended on tripadvisor we went to this restaurant on a saterday evening. Only 4 quests. Prices of the menues are much too high. 17 euro for 4 aspergus!? All prices mentioned without VAT. Surprise afterwards. Staff did not speak english, confusion all the way. Not recommended although the meat was of a good quality. If 25% cheaper it would be acceptable

2  Thank walterlist
Reviewed 28 November 2014

Thanks to trip advisor we found this gem of a restaurant (eventually and advice dont follow sat nav!!). After arriving late we were welcomed by the manager/owner and their fantastic staff who put us in a private room upstairs. The menu is fantastic and I could of eaten everything! Then came the wine list! I have no words apart from Yellow Pages!! Amazing! Throughout the service was unbelievable and the food was soo good everyone was sharing each others with moans of delight! We opted for their local white wine and after a few days in rioja drinking red it was a refreshing change!

My stuffed peppers to start were a taste sensation and reluctantly shared some with my friends and family! For my main I opted for the Wild Boar which was again a delight with a sauce to die for!

After the meal the owner/manager invited us into their wine cellar which was superb and spent 30 mins touring with smells tests with the very knowledgable owner.

All in all it was just a fantastic end to a superb weekend and I hope to return someday!

many thanks to all the staff for a great culinery experience and congratulatiosn on such a fantastic restaurant!

Reviewed 2 October 2014

Absolutely fantastic food and great service! We highly recommend. For wine lovers, there is a 6,000 bottle wine cellar (one-third of owner's collection) with vintages from across the globe represented in a 50 page wine list. However, for those of us that aren't wine knowledgeable, the owner graciously adjusted a wonderful, reasonably priced Rioja. The menu is well represented by fish (from 1/2 hour away), lamb and other meat dishes. All were excellently prepared. Flavors were well balanced and tantalizing. Definitely should be on the list for anyone in Gernika region.