All reviews room was clean excellent value for money full english a bit tired min walk tea and coffee old building would stay again staff were really friendly stayed here for nights toast good nights sleep cooked to perfection a lovely stay sarah rear pubs
Reviewed 29 March 2017

My son and myself booked this hotel as we he was racing at hawkstone park and it wasn't far from the track. We had a lovely stay,the room was basic but clean and we both had a great sleep in the clean comfy beds.it was a bit cold in the morning and the shower wasn't the greatest but it was hot so that's a bonus,the room had a kettle and hairdryer,lovely clean towels for both days,we never had breakfast as we left for the track quite early,overall the hotel is budget but you're paying budget prices,its clean that's the main thing for me so thanks lord Nelson you done the job.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Pleasant greeting on arrival. Spacious room. But hotel is dated.
Ok for a night or two, clean and tidy, floors are very creaky so your conscious of disturbing people whilst moving around the room.
Will return but not for longer stays.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Room was clean, tidy, spacious and had more than adequate facilities.

Only complaint really, is that it was very, very hot through the night as the radiator was behind the bed. Tried turning the radiator down and opening the window, but had no luck!
Great value room, pleasantly surprised.

Breakfast is offered for an extra £5pp, but we did not want to have a breakfast so cannot comment.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2017

This is a cheap place to stay in a convenient location on the edge of the town centre. I found it cold, but was staying in cold weather.

My room was clean, but rather dingy and one of the towels was dirty with what appeared to be blood. There was no toilet brush.

There is a bar, but it is not open to non-residents and it was not somewhere I would have felt comfortable. Breakfast was generous and service was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank GrumpyCow99
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Was charged twice for my stay! The owners knew I had paid through hotels.com but then lied and said it was a reservation fee. They then charged me for the the night! I phoned hotels.com to rectify the issue but they got in touch with the lord nelson who then denied that I paid them despite giving my a card receipt! Aside from that the place is dirty and stuck In The 70's!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business