All reviews car park room was clean excellent value for money full english night stay the owner tea and coffee a bit tired min walk old building free wifi on arrival staff were really friendly toast stayed two nights excellent breakfast definitely stay here again
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Pleasant greeting on arrival. Spacious room. But hotel is dated.
Ok for a night or two, clean and tidy, floors are very creaky so your conscious of disturbing people whilst moving around the room.
Will return but not for longer stays.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Room was clean, tidy, spacious and had more than adequate facilities.

Only complaint really, is that it was very, very hot through the night as the radiator was behind the bed. Tried turning the radiator down and opening the window, but had no luck!
Great value room, pleasantly surprised.

Breakfast is offered for an extra £5pp, but we did not want to have a breakfast so cannot comment.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2017

This is a cheap place to stay in a convenient location on the edge of the town centre. I found it cold, but was staying in cold weather.

My room was clean, but rather dingy and one of the towels was dirty with what appeared to be blood. There was no toilet brush.

There is a bar, but it is not open to non-residents and it was not somewhere I would have felt comfortable. Breakfast was generous and service was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank GrumpyCow99
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Was charged twice for my stay! The owners knew I had paid through hotels.com but then lied and said it was a reservation fee. They then charged me for the the night! I phoned hotels.com to rectify the issue but they got in touch with the lord nelson who then denied that I paid them despite giving my a card receipt! Aside from that the place is dirty and stuck In The 70's!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave J
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip as it was close by to where I needed to be. I Constantly felt uncomfortable as the staff were not polite or helpful. I arrived around 2pm and kept knocking on the door and no one would answer. As I arrived on public transport I was stuck outside with my suitcase for a while. The around 1530 someone answered and told me check ins not till 1600. The staff have no level of customer service skills and I travel to places a lot. This is appalling not. Rooms are cleanish.. My shower was dirty but you get what you pay for. I really did not enjoy my stay as t felt like you was in someone's home who didn't really want you there.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo