“Eastern Balti”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Attended the Eastern Saturday 19/10/12...no problem with a table as in early, but filled up quite quickly. Although licenced was able to bring in a couple of bottles. The balti was top notch as were the popadoms and dips. Give it a try you wont be disappointed!

Date of visit: October 2013

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I once tried indian food and hated it and have never ate it since.. my friend was having a bday celebration here sat 7th sept and I thought I would try chicken bhuna with egg fried rice and side of chips. The portions are huge I couldnt eat at least half of mine. Everyone at the table enjoyed there meals. Staff are polite and food Is delicious. Cant understand bad reviews. The phome seemed busy with take away orders aswell. Very small intimate restaurant no more than six tables. Really enjoyed my meal and will look forward to trying more of the indian cuisine. Would recommend again :)

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank NadineB2270
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I visited here with a group of friends for a member of our groups birthday meal. I wasn't really looking forward as I don't enjoy Indian food. But there was 4 English dishes on the menu so I had plenty of choice

I chose the chicken nuggets and chips. Had a good amount and the food was warm and filling

I was surprised how small the restaurant is so it is advisable to book in advance

We enjoyed our evening here

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

food and service very good, for eating in or taking away, waiting time was a little longer than wanted, but food was really good/hot and was 25 of use so can't really moan about that, upstairs room really handy and away from everyone if you want to book for 30+

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We have recently moved into Telford and ordered via the 'Just Eat' app, after also reviewing Eastern Balti on Trip Advisor. We ordered 3 main meals and extras coming to a bill of £35.70. An estimated delivery time of 50 mins was given. After our 'meal' was delivered half an hour late, was stone cold and no 'free' bottle of wine delivered either (orders over £30 free bottle of wine promotion). I rang to complain and was put through to the manager who said that as we had our bill reduced to £30 due the late delivery how could we expect the wine also. The manager I spoke to was arrogant, rude and derogatory. One of his key phrases was 'this isn't bargain hunt!'. The 'manager' also said that one customers bad review on trip advisor wouldn't matter! I wondered if we had been customers in the restaurant and had complained or a manager with correct customer services skills had dealt with our order we would have been happy with the outcome. We will not be ordering from Easten Balti again and advise anyone not to either.

6  Thank Rossst