“Overall good yet pricey”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bauan
Portulano Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bauan
manila, philippines
“Overall good yet pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Its my first going there on November of 2011. we arrived there for just a daytour with a group of 4. Beware of tricycles who overpriced in going to the meeting place usually should be around a P100. First impression was a waste of time cause the pickup station is a beach with full of trash but when the boat arrived it all paves off from the travelling part to the resort. First time on scuba diving, the place is full of corals, they also offer introductory lessons around P2,500 I think.. a bit pricey also for their accomodation but for the day tour of P1,100 which I think is also pricey covering the boat transfers, lunch and the entrance to the resort. The island is like a dream come true.very good surroundings. Overal very good cause the staff are accomodating which they let us have a room just to take showers or take some time to prepare and also gave us free merienda. Another factor was the trainor, he was accomodating (forgot the name) also, the diving spot, we saw different kinds of fishes (only imported fishes! just to note"haha"). Give it a try and you will never regret.

P.S. - to the management - hope you can still bring down the prices a bit more, cause I'm planning to go there at least once a year!

Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alfred u
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We're having a Family Reunion this past Holidays (Christmas & New Year- 2011). My Brother Arnold invite us to this place called Potulano Diving Resort. This is my first time to Dive to the open sea and which I couldn't imagine with my own to eyes that under sea world, life was awesome, full of life, and peaceful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Arnel T
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Everytime I go on a vacation I always wanted to make the most of it -- activities planned the whole day, no idle time, itinerary polished etc. However, when I feel like escaping and just sleeping for more than 8 hours (excluding siesta), I always make it a point to go with Ferdi to Portulano.

Portulano is a divers resort with a wonderful house reef. Although I am not a diver - still have to polish my breastroke before my intro dive - I very much enjoy my stay(s) at Portulano. I made a breakdown of this, see below:

Forget about diet for the weekend, or actually you still can. Food at Portulano is always a mix of all the food groups -- a salad is always available, good meat and fish dishes, and a good serving of carbs, not just rice, but pasta dishes. Throughout the day, they have a fresh pot of brewed coffee in the dining area. One must also make it a point to order the banana-peanut butter shake in their ala carte menu. Lastly, did I mention the breakfast, lunch, and dinner is buffet? If you're Filipino, that means one big Yay! And even if you're not a Filipino, it's always more fun when it's buffet.

The staff is really great! From the time you park into their parking area (not at the resort), to the boat and finally getting off, you're sure to be guaranteed not just top-notch but a very personal and friendly service. Also, in Portulano, you're never afraid of leaving your valuables. Most of the time, we don't even lock our room and we have never lost anything.

Amenities
Portulano is one of the resorts in the Philippines with very good and well thought of furnishing which is simple, but at the same time blends seamlessly with the environment. The huge windows/veranda doors guarantees fresh air and natural lighting, a rarity for some resorts. We never had to turn on the airconditioner in the room during the day. Most, if not all, decors are made from local and sustainable materials.

For the diving, I couldn't really attest to that, but you might want to check out the videos of portulano at vimeo, just search for username fdeantoni. :)

Room Tip: No need to get the room with a/c
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank estvanguardia
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have taken both my Open Water and Advanced at Portulano in 2009 and since then I keep going back.
The resort offers great diving nearby and now thanks to the new speedboat even far away sites can be reached in as little as 15 mins which allows for a great variety of dives.
The owners, Arnela and Carmela, are a lovely and friendly couple making each stay at the resort feel like home away from home. They keep improving the resort with nice little touches. I personally love the bedrooms as are all facing the ocean, an unbeatable view when you wake-up in the morning. Second favourite are the hammocks on the roof terrace where I typically end-up for my after lunch nap or after dinner beers :-)
The resort is not by the road, it's a 5 mins boat ride, which means the place is very quiet at all times, perfect for a relaxing break after the hustle and bustle of city life.
I highly recommend Portulano to anyone who is into diving, snorkelling or just after a chilled-out weekend by the beach with book. Great place and I will keep going back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank fabi2011
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed for 7 days with Portulano and had a fantastic time. The resort is very smart and everything is kept very clean. Rooms were comfortable and a highlight was the amazing views of the sunset over the Philippines Sea. The food was consistently good and staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The house reef offers excellent quality scuba diving (I recommend night diving here), with convenient boat trips to the best reef dives in Anilao and Batangas.

I teach scuba diving, so was very pleased with the diving set-up at Portulano. The diving staff are very knowledgeable and they use a superior compressor to fill scuba tanks.

Will definitely be visiting again soon!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Andy D
diveaddiction, Owner at Portulano Dive Resort, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
We're glad you enjoyed your stay, your underwater pictures are super AWESOME!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bauan
35.1 km away
43.8 km away
Canyon Cove Beach Club
Canyon Cove Beach Club
#2 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to Portulano Dive Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK