Portulano Dive Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 114
US$ 93
US$ 85
US$ 84
  • Room Service
Paradores Del Castillo(Taal)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
US$ 62
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Vistamar Beach Resort Hotel(Batangas Province)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdive resortget awayboat ridepool tablefishexcellent divingmangoricedown to earthamazing placethe kitchen stafffood is excellentmanila airportsea lifesoupbad weatherlounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We're having a Family Reunion this past Holidays (Christmas & New Year- 2011). My Brother Arnold invite us to this place called Potulano Diving Resort. This is my first time to Dive to the open sea and which I couldn't imagine with my own to eyes that under sea world, life was awesome, full of life, and peaceful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Arnel T
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Everytime I go on a vacation I always wanted to make the most of it -- activities planned the whole day, no idle time, itinerary polished etc. However, when I feel like escaping and just sleeping for more than 8 hours (excluding siesta), I always make it a point to go with Ferdi to Portulano.

Portulano is a divers resort with a wonderful house reef. Although I am not a diver - still have to polish my breastroke before my intro dive - I very much enjoy my stay(s) at Portulano. I made a breakdown of this, see below:

Forget about diet for the weekend, or actually you still can. Food at Portulano is always a mix of all the food groups -- a salad is always available, good meat and fish dishes, and a good serving of carbs, not just rice, but pasta dishes. Throughout the day, they have a fresh pot of brewed coffee in the dining area. One must also make it a point to order the banana-peanut butter shake in their ala carte menu. Lastly, did I mention the breakfast, lunch, and dinner is buffet? If you're Filipino, that means one big Yay! And even if you're not a Filipino, it's always more fun when it's buffet.

The staff is really great! From the time you park into their parking area (not at the resort), to the boat and finally getting off, you're sure to be guaranteed not just top-notch but a very personal and friendly service. Also, in Portulano, you're never afraid of leaving your valuables. Most of the time, we don't even lock our room and we have never lost anything.

Amenities
Portulano is one of the resorts in the Philippines with very good and well thought of furnishing which is simple, but at the same time blends seamlessly with the environment. The huge windows/veranda doors guarantees fresh air and natural lighting, a rarity for some resorts. We never had to turn on the airconditioner in the room during the day. Most, if not all, decors are made from local and sustainable materials.

For the diving, I couldn't really attest to that, but you might want to check out the videos of portulano at vimeo, just search for username fdeantoni. :)

Room Tip: No need to get the room with a/c
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank estvanguardia
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have taken both my Open Water and Advanced at Portulano in 2009 and since then I keep going back.
The resort offers great diving nearby and now thanks to the new speedboat even far away sites can be reached in as little as 15 mins which allows for a great variety of dives.
The owners, Arnela and Carmela, are a lovely and friendly couple making each stay at the resort feel like home away from home. They keep improving the resort with nice little touches. I personally love the bedrooms as are all facing the ocean, an unbeatable view when you wake-up in the morning. Second favourite are the hammocks on the roof terrace where I typically end-up for my after lunch nap or after dinner beers :-)
The resort is not by the road, it's a 5 mins boat ride, which means the place is very quiet at all times, perfect for a relaxing break after the hustle and bustle of city life.
I highly recommend Portulano to anyone who is into diving, snorkelling or just after a chilled-out weekend by the beach with book. Great place and I will keep going back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank fabi2011
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed for 7 days with Portulano and had a fantastic time. The resort is very smart and everything is kept very clean. Rooms were comfortable and a highlight was the amazing views of the sunset over the Philippines Sea. The food was consistently good and staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The house reef offers excellent quality scuba diving (I recommend night diving here), with convenient boat trips to the best reef dives in Anilao and Batangas.

I teach scuba diving, so was very pleased with the diving set-up at Portulano. The diving staff are very knowledgeable and they use a superior compressor to fill scuba tanks.

Will definitely be visiting again soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Andy D
diveaddiction, Owner at Portulano Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2011

We're glad you enjoyed your stay, your underwater pictures are super AWESOME!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Lovely resort with nice simple, big and clean rooms at affordable prices. The balconies looking out into the bay gives you a nice view of the sunset! The owners, Arnel and Carmela are helpful and friendly arranged for transfers to and from Manila Airport which is about 2.5 hours away. I was there with a group of friends on a diving trip and the housereef was great! Arnel and Carmela are divers as well, so their resort has that lazy diver setup with easy access to equipment set up and dives from the jetty. clearly thought through for divers in mind! Definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: Get the ocean view rooms and just ask for fans. No air con needed!.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends