All reviews high level friendly service mini bar hamburg key waldhaus
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I was here for 13 nights. The only problem i had was that the room was suffocating. Unless you open the window no air circulation is there in the room. It will be better if the hotel at least installs some fans. May be its common across all hotels but they have visitors from all over the world. Also the quilt they gave for use was too thick given that it was already so hot and there was no fan or air-conditioning. If they are charging about 140 euros a night the least you can expect is a good night sleep after a long day of work.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
WaldhausReinbek, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Waldhaus Reinbek, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear guest,
first of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment your visit to the Waldhaus Reinbek on TripAdvisor. At the same time, I regret, however, that you were not fully satisfied, especially because of the non-existent air conditioning. In the entire hotel and restaurant area, an environmentally friendly ventilation system ensures a pleasant and healthy indoor climate. In addition, you can open our room windows completely, so that even at night without rest disturbing noise you can can feel the healthy forest air .
We would be delighted to welcome you another time in our hotel. If you have any questions or requests do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel is situated about 20 minutes outside of Hamburg, Germany. I stay here for business when I need to be in this region. I have to think this is the best hotel and restaurant in Reinbek. I rated it a 4 - 5 for the restaurant and 3 for the hotel rooms. Pros - authentic local charm versus chain hotels and an amazing restaurant. Cons - the rooms are a bit dated versus newer chains but still pleasant and service good but not great. The rooms vary in size and layout so ask and request specifically to optimize. Now to the restaurant - simply amazing and better than many restaurants I've tried in Hamburg or Germany. The pumpkin soup is to die for and best soup I've ever had! They have an "American" bar which makes solid drinks. And their various wild game dishes are unique an cannot be beat. Great dinner for work event or alone.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank qmiller1
WaldhausReinbek, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Waldhaus Reinbek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing at Waldhaus Reinbek and sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased that you had a superb stay with us, and that it directly started by the warm welcome given by our team. It is very important to us to make you feel at home and to provide a perfect guest experience from the moment you pass the door until the moment you leave the hotel. We will transmit your thanks to our team and especially to our concierges, who are always trying to create a personal experience. Our Chef de cuisine was pleased to hear that you found his pumpkin soup „to die for“.

We look forward to welcoming you another time, in your „new Reinbek home“.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2016

This hotel was excellent. The place is full of history linked to blues and Jazz with pictures every where of who has been, played and stayed. My room had a long list of names on individual brass plaques as to who had stayed in that room. The staff were all very helpful, the room was very clean and tidy and the food was excellent. Forgot to say the beer was great too. It is set in a woodland location and was very peaceful.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank keith m
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Have stayed here 10 times/ year for last Ten years when visiting Hamburg for Business.
The location is renowed for it's Famous Guests and thier name are proudly plated on the Guest rooms. The Restaurant is excellent and the Breakfast as well. The Hotel Bar is managed with passion by its main cocktail man "Josh" and staff. It has a good welness centre on the top floor with Sauna and Whirpool. All staff are friendly and professional. Rienbek town is near by within 15 minute walk if you prefer eating out.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Richard J
WaldhausReinbek, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Waldhaus Reinbek, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Waldhaus Reinbek and sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is highly appreciated!

It is just splendid to read how pleased you were with your experience! Reviews such as yours are of great value to us and on behalf of all staff, I would like to thank you for the kind words!

Thank you again for this great review and hopefully we can welcome you back to Waldhaus Reinbek in the nearest future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here three separate weeks in February (as a work colleague wanted to stay, I usually stay somewhere else) . It is a nice hotel, it has charm and it is situated well that I could take a nice walk (25/30 minutes) to the company where I was working. The menu is not really made for vegetarians, there are a few choices but not enough for staying 3 weeks. I did ask one night for something else which they did but it was too greasy, but ok not everyone can make good vegetarian food. The staff are friendly except for some of the reception staff who seem quite "entitled". The night reception gentleman was very friendly.
It would of been excellent for me except for the two points of the food and the reception staff.

Date of stay: February 2016