Any hotels above budget range is not found in Kalpa proper but on a ridge a couple of kilometers above town. This Rakpa Regency is one such hotel. So expect a short walk to get to town.
1) The location is fantastic. you get a birds eye view of the town and an excellent view of the Kinner Kailash range. In fact, it is the best place in the region to catch the sunset. Note that all rooms don't have a view.
2) The tariff is reasonable
3) Rooms are reasonably clean. Bathrooms have an acceptable level of cleanliness.
4) Staff was quite courteous and reasonably helpful.
5) We eat early dinners and they were quite happy to cater to our demands.
1) The food was below average.
2) They messed up our breakfast. We wanted an early morning start and so requested breakfast at 7 am. That request was not properly communicated and they could only arrange bread-jam for us.
3) They allowed guests to smoke in the lounge and in the rooms. So the whole building had stifling cigarette smell.
4) Hotel gets often crowded with large Bengali tourist groups.More
- Free Wifi