All reviews hot water fridge mattress shower balcony lake tickets bus
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We spent three nights here. The price-value is stunningly good. The room was big, clean and cozy. The mattress and quilt were really comfortable. We even had a balcony with a direct view of the lake which was much better than that of the boutique hotel just behind our hotel. Furthermore there was room service and fresh water every day which we really did not expect for this price.
Besides the owners are super lovely and the breakfast was pretty good.
The location is in walking distance to the city and some really nice, local restaurants just on the other side of the lake. Otherwise the hotel even offers scooter rental and bus tickets.
We really enjoyed our stay here very much!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I'm a budget traveller, I stumbled across this place thinking it would be way over my price range. But for 8 USD a night it is a bargain and better than most 12 USD rooms I have stayed in. The room is big and clean. Fresh towels everyday and hot showers. The owner is lovely. The view over the lake is amazing. The food is a little pricier than street food but it's worth it. A great place to chill at while waiting for the bus to Laos.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

The service here has been exceptional. I rocked up yesterday having not booked and paid 8USD per night for 2 nights. I was told there were 7USD rooms but they were full. The first floor room has a balcony overlooking the lake, hot water and a shower, fan and flat screen tv. There is a restaurant, also overlooking the lake, and the food is good. The owners have been friendly and welcoming and have cleaned the bathroom and provided fresh towels and bedding (without it being requested) on our 2nd day.

If I was to try and be picky, the only negatives would be these:

•Wifi signal is not strong in the room
•There is no toilet paper (just napkins)

Like I say, that's if I'm being really picky and actually I couldn't care at all about those 2 things.

Overall it's not luxury but for the price it's very, very worth it.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Quiet area but the view is average as the lake is not well maintained. Bathroom cleaning needs improvement. Maybe they don't know how to use bleach. Asking for breakfast at 7 I was told I should ve asked the night before...poor service as expected in Cambodia

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2016

After a quick online search a day or so before heading to Banlung, we found the Thy Ath Lodge which looked pretty good and prices seemed reasonable. When we arrived we were shown different rooms types and on first glimpse we were sold!
The rooms are beautiful and light and airy with a balcony overlooking the lake. Simply gorgeous!
The staff were great and helped us arrange our day trips and onward travel.
The only thing lacking was the onsite food options but there were several other places close by with fantastic food - the breakfast at the place next door was a winner - we went two days in a row!!
Loved this place, would highly recommend it and would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: Balcony, with lake view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends