Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$ 40
Hotels.comUS$ 40
Agoda.comUS$ 40
PricelineUS$ 40
FindHotelUS$ 40
eDreamsUS$ 40
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2019

I loved this place. I stayed for 4 nights and it was just wonderful. The staff are very kind, helpful and patient; we speak no Spanish yet they persevered and managed to get us understand them!
The rooms are much bigger than expected and really nicely decorated, especially the bathroom.
It was just great - I loved it and would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Salento.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

A wonderful place! Spacious, bright rooms with kitchens, large balconies with beautiful views of town and the mountains. It's less than a ten minute walk from the main square and very quiet. Lots of hot water and decent internet too. The two people who manage the place are wonderful: friendly and welcoming. It's about a 30 minute walk to Kasaguadua Reserve and just over an hour to El Ocaso coffee plantation, both of which are also recommended. It's not the cheapest place in town but well worth it.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hmkpp
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I stayed at this small hotel with my parents over a holiday weekend. While it is pricier than some of the other options in town, the accommodations are way nicer. The rooms are spacious and each have their own terrace with a picnic type table and a couple of counter height stools. The inside of the room is nice and even has a small kitchen, complete with a 2 burner stove and sink. I appreciated having secure parking, although it is on a steep slope with loose rock, which made it challenging to get the car out of there. I can't imagine what would've happened had it been raining...
Here is a quick list of pros/cons.

PROS:
- Breakfast! Everything came on time and was delicious! We got eggs, bread, arepas, local cheese, delicious coffee, the freshest orange juice, and the most amazing fruit (kiwi, mango, and papaya). It was all beautifully presented.
- Beds: Pretty comfortable and with nice linens for Colombia standards.
- Service: Owners and workers are extremely friendly. We were offered coffee upon arrival and were allowed to check in very early (a little after noon). They also promised to deliver a wine key and brought it over right away.
- Location: I consider being away from the crowded and noisy part of town a plus. It ensure we got a good night sleep without any loud music blaring.

CONS
- Limited Amenities: Perhaps I should have known better, but there were no standard amenities like the ones you would find in a large city. So if you need shampoo, conditioner, body wash, or a hair dryer make sure to bring them with you.
- Minor Bathroom Details: While the bathrooms are beautifully decorated, we had a small leak that showed up once it started raining. It was right over the shower head and keep hitting me in the face with cold water while I was trying to take a warm shower. Also, water splashes all over the floor outside the shower.
- Parking: While it is nice to have secure parking, I can't imagine having more than 3 small cars in there considering how hard it is to get a car up the steep and non-paved slope.

All in all, it's a place I would recommend. I just couldn't give them 5 stars considering the small details that were a miss for me.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We really enjoyed staying at the Salento Pequeno Hotel. It was nice having a little suite with a separate breakfast area and refrigerator. The outdoor porch was a nice bonus as well and a great place to have breakfast or enjoy an evening glass of wine. The room was comfortable and very big. Breakfast, which was included and delivered to our room each day, was wonderful - fresh eggs, freshly-squeezed juice, coffee, etc. The hotel was also very safe with an in-room safe provided (we had to ask for the key, by the way) and a "manned" gate at the entranceway to the grounds. I also can't say enough about the friendly staff!

We debated a lot about our rating for this hotel, waffling between a 3 and a 4, but ultimately, we had to consider three factors beyond the positive aspects listed above when making our decision. First, while we had plenty of cold water, the hot water was limited and came out of the shower in a trickle with little pressure to sustain any kind of a warm shower. Secondly, although we had a strong wifi signal, connectivity was slow and intermittent. Finally, and most importantly, we were double-billed on our credit card for our stay. We contacted the hotel about the double-billing, and they responded to us after a few days but did nothing to remedy the situation. After a week of waiting, we were forced to contact our credit card company. I don't honestly think we were double-billed in any kind of malicious attempt to get extra money from us; I think it was an honest mistake as the staff member who took care of our check out was clearly having difficulties with the credit card process. However, I was not happy when the situation was not remedied by the hotel when it was clearly their error.

Would I recommend the Salento Pequeno Hotel? Absolutely! But I would caution you to consider paying in cash when checking out.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLBeachWanderer
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Great value for money. We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, actually wanted to extend for another one but they were full (they only have 4 rooms). Conveniently - centrally located. Nice decor. Clean. Cordial staff. Peaceful. Good view of the small valley in Salento.

Date of stay: May 2018