New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Belmont Motor Lodge
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the best!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We travelled from Australia and stayed at Belmont Motor Lodge, the owners were fantastic making us feel right at home. The rooms and facilities were fantastic we didn't want to leave.
Thanks Brian and Sue will definitely be back again soon and spend more time at your motor lodge. No hesitation at all recommending Belmont Motor Lodge.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I recently stayed at this motel and found it to be very comfortable, clean and tidy. Plus the owners, Brian and Sue, were most pleasant and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to anyone I know going to Wellington.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I live in Australia & visit New Zealand once a year to see family & friends. Last April I stayed at the Belmont Motor Lodge & found Brian & Sue to be excellent hosts, they advised me on local places to dine & places of interest. I also found the Motel to be clean, tidy & location was ideal for me. Even after destroying one of their towels with hair dye, I was told not to worry about it. I look forward to staying there again next year & I have no hesitation in recommending this Motel as the place to stay in this part of New Zealand.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have been staying in this motel for the last 4 years and keep coming back, its so tidy, staff friendly and I dont write reports unless my stay exceeded my expectations and this time it did.
I have even told work colleagues to stay here.Everyone takes pride in this motel the service staff smile and are so eager to clean and tidy, a real credit to all involved.
fully recommend to all
Thanks Scott Houghton Hamilton NZ

Room Tip: Another brilliant stay
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 255108Scott99
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

A Group of stayed recently and while I personally arrived within "office Hours" others of our party were held up due to postponed flights. I received a call from the office after 9:45pm from a women in a foul mood and obvoiusly very angry, asking me where the others were. I called to discover they were delayed by flights. When I went to advise the office staff, I was greeted with a rude, agressive, angry, women. I tried to explain to her, but was shouted at and then told the key had been placed in the appropriate rooms anyway. Why could this not have happened in a calm way before the office closed at 9pm?
I would like to point out we were returning customers and thought we were building a relationship with a motellier.
On leaving the motel we offered to settle with a cheque but were shouted at again by this lady..."we don't accept cheques" over and over again. As returning customers we thought we would have some leeway here. Even offering credit cards as backup to our account, we were asked "how do we know you have any money on your credit cards?".
Ok so it may be policy to not accept cheques, but to be shouted at?
My heated towel rail never went on, even when the room heater was on full time the room I always felt cold.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank gagman2000
brianpatrick, Owner at Belmont Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
This persons perception of events is quite different to ours but before we respond to their review I should point out that they had stayed with us once before and against our better judgement we agreed to have this sporting group back. Considering they found our property to have so many faults makes you wonder why they would want to stay again wth us.
This sporting group knows they are not welcome back at our motel and have spitefully placed this review. We have just finished a total refurbishment and the state of their rooms was not only disrespectful to us but to our hard working cleaners who had to deal with their filth. It is sporting groups like this that make it hard for other teams to get accommodation as owners justifiably become wary.
When several people from this group had not arrived by 10pm we contacted the organiser whom we had been dealing with and who themselves was not arriving until the following day, to try and find out where the group was. She gave us a cellphone number to call which went to voice mail. When this person finally got back to us we gave them their room numbers and told them to go straight to their rooms on arrival. Many of the group had been in town for hours and had chosen to socialise rather that register and uplift their key. My advice for the future is to take the time to contact the motel if they are arriving after office hours to ensure that they can access their room on arrival.
We do not accept cheques unless they have been cleared prior to arrival (who does these days). We did agree however to accept their cheque with a credit card as a back up after they were adamant that they had to pay this way so that they could get their funding. When they went to get the cheque book they realised that they had only brought the deposit book with them. We then said we would be happy to accept a bank cheque and they agreed to arrange that for the next day. We did not receive that cheque and on the day of departure they paid by credit card so you do wonder why that was not possible right at the begining.
As fresh towels are supplied daily to all rooms we chose to disconnect our heated towel rails and bring us one step closer to our Green Status.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porirua
0.5 km away
5.4 km away
Bucket Tree Lodge
Bucket Tree Lodge
#1 of 2 in Tawa

Been to Belmont Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK