“Passing visit”

The King's Arms
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Knowle
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 51
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A great pub for people with great taste, The King’s Arms is a stylish and contemporary pub, restaurant, and bar offering premium dining, real ales, and fine wines, in stunning surroundings. Overlooking the Grand Union canal in Knowle, The King’s Arms provides the perfect setting to enjoy a moment of calm, indulgence, and relaxation with your favourite people. Serving up a great selection of delicious menus throughout the day, including light lunches, traditional British classics, and tempting desserts, The King’s Arms really does offer something for everyone. So, whether you and your friends want to let your hair down in style, enjoy a quiet drink after work, or tuck in to a delicious business lunch, you can expect to dine in style at The King’s Arms, no matter what the occasion.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went here and stood at the bar waiting to be served, there was no one at the bar but the pub was quite busy with people eating. Although the staff noticed I was there no one acknowledged me or told me that would be with me soon! That annoyed me so we left and went elsewhere

ManagerKingsArms, Guest Relations Manager at The King's Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Michaelcorbett41,

I’m sorry to hear your passing visit let you down today, we were very busy this afternoon and I apologise nobody said “Hello” to you, this is nowhere near the level of service we aim to deliver. I do hope you give us another try again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Our new favourite place! Situated on the canal, it’s a lovely walk from our house. We only discovered it a month ago and have since visited three times - and each visit has been brilliant! The staff are all so friendly and helpful and the food is amazing. The chicken and leek pie is one of the best we’ve ever had and the roasts are lovely if you’re visiting on a Sunday. The dessert menu has all my favourites so we’re working our way through them all and haven’t been disappointed - they are all delicious. We’re looking forward to bringing our families here when they visit and can imagine how lovely it will be in the summer when you can sit outside by the canal.

ManagerKingsArms, Guest Relations Manager at The King's Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you for such a lovely review of The Kings Arms! We are thrilled to hear you love what we do and your comments have been passed back to the teams. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as only 8 miles from NEC, lovely hotel, lovely staff they even gave my son a gift as it was his birthday. Would definitely recommend.

ManagerKingsArms, Guest Relations Manager at The King's Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hello Rob S,

Thank you for a lovely review! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely 3 course meal with cocktails and wine. Gorgeous juicy burger and excellent steak, cooked just right. The cocktails were a lovely aperitif and post pud treat, lots of classics and some seasonal specials.

The staff were lovely; very attentive and helpful..spot on.

One thing we would say is to make the menu clearer when it comes to dietary requirements. Hubby is coeliac so has to have gluten free. Staff were really helpful in bringing out the guide to what had gluten in it but it’s so much easier when the menu has GFO at a glance. I’m sure this is the brewery’s thing to sort rather than this pub though.
We’ve eaten here loads over the years, it’s mega cosy in winter and gorgeous out by the canal in summer. Highly recommended!

Hello Lau_Jonboy!

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of The Kings Arms, I’m thrilled to hear you had a lovely tom with us during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here overnight so it made sense to eat here. Firstly I have to the staff were lovely.
The cooking, however, was largely inept. Squid in batter was insipid and soggy - undercooked. Battered cod was insipid and soggy (see a trend?). The twice cooked chips were huge, definitely undercooked the first time and then put in oil that was too hot, so that they weren’t at all crispy - there wasn’t time to crisp up before they started to burn - and were covered in a sheen of oil. We sent the first lot back and received exactly the same thing again. Was told by the gorgeous waitress that this is how they always come.
Fish cake dish was okay.
Come for a drink - it’s in a fabulous location and as I said, the staff are great - but I can’t, from this experience, vouch for the food.

Hello Ravenbeard,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the batter and fryer, I have passed your comments onto the chefs in order to improve in this area. I do hope we see you again soon.