Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Ancient City (Mueang Boran)
All reviews floating market golf buggy ancient city mueang boran per hour outdoor museum huge park the real thing rent a bike on foot food and drinks entrance fee free bikes thai architecture metered taxi full size tour bus
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I went there by metered taxi and it cost me 230 baht. the entrance fee is 400 baht. you can ride a bike, drive your car or go by golf cart. I chose the golf cart which is 150 baht per hour.

This place is also known as ancient Siam. The 'ruins' are replicas. so its not really the real thing. It is a beautiful place to spend 3-4 hours. it is agarden with a few shops and maybe restaurants which I did not see.

i bought a few things inside the garden like a pencil which was 15 baht but outside it was selling for 25 baht.

on the whole if you like gardens this is the place to be.

my hotel confused Ayudaya ancient city with this place and i was not happy since I spent a day on this!

It is about an hour drive. I went on a saturday so the traffic was not bad.

Date of experience: May 2011
1  Thank travel1029
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This is a superb day out. Have been November 09 & again December 10 & would never grow tired or bored of this place.

It's about a one hour taxi ride out of Bangkok maybe 250-300B taxi ride depending where you are in the city. You could combine a very long day with a trip to the nearby Crocodile Farm.

The Ancient city has all the features of Thailand in miniature. There are around 120 features of Thailand set over many acres of land. Once inside the park I would allow up to 4 hours to get round all the features. There's temples,thai houses from all ages,boats, ships,farms,shops and many more. There's some fascinating museum type old relics from before the war that hail from the UK USA & Europe in some of the shops & houses. The highlight for me was the highest feature in the park. This was climbing the 100s of steps up an old castle/fortress.. Some extraordinary photos of the surrounding area were taken from the top. There was also a farm through a gate where you could feed the deer's with bananas.

Getting around the vast areas you are given a choice. Either golf buggy, open aired bus or push bike. For me you couldn't beat going round the park on one of the hundreds of old bicycles.

As I say some great photos can be taken around this well kept & maintained park. It's hot work going with so much ground to cover. However there are many shops snack bars restaurants & general watering holes around the park & its not expensive. So do drink plenty of water. Plenty of toilets facilities as well

Date of experience: December 2010
4  Thank RovingRover6
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Went there in March 2011.A bit of challange to get there but quite interesting. Go to On nut bts station and ask about 511 bus which are stopping just next to the bts. Then show the ancient city to the conductor. I've got the tourist info card from d hotel and asked the reception to write the thai version as well. Cost 18b. Then catch the people mover car (looks like ute in oz with enclosure at the back) cross the road by showing the card to the driver first (cost 8 b). Taxi will be around 100b from here. We hired the golf car for 2 hrs and still didnot able to spend enough time on each miniature. Cost 150b perhour. Bike are free but it will take ages to go around. It is as huge as a small suburb. Not to forget it has a cover as it was raining a little bit. Choose the one that has front windscreen too as it could get quite windy as you driving around. Went the replica temple on the top hill and was beautiful.

3  Thank Inosz
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Its about an hour car ride. Go there early in the morning, free tram (starts 10am and end 12pm) will brings you around and drop at few places of attraction (with Thai guide, some can speak little English) while last stop is at floating market for lunch. After lunch, can take tram back to entrance (for us its about 1pm and we cycle nearby for more photo-taking til we're ready to go back at 2-3pm).
Entrance fee is THB400 and kids below certain age is free (my 8 yrs old child is free). Entrance fee comes with free bike usage.
Remember to go early and have fun!

Date of experience: March 2011
3  Thank jenlkj
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My friends took me The Ancient city. I think it is very exciting because I can go to many important places in Thailand in only one day and learn about the culture too. Everything decreases in size but looks like the real things. So GREAT!!

Date of experience: November 2010