Hotel Endsleigh
US$ 238
US$ 200
Agoda.com
The Horn Of Plenty(Gulworthy)
US$ 196
US$ 184
Agoda.com
US$ 181
  • Breakfast included
The Duke of Tavistock(Tavistock)
US$ 153
US$ 149
Hotels.com
US$ 182
US$ 175
Moorland Garden Hotel(Yelverton)(Great Value!)
US$ 147
US$ 132
Travelocity
Priceline
Percy's Hotel(Virginstow)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsvisited hotelcountry housesconesalex polizzihotel inspectorsister hotelroll top bathlandscaped gardensfinger sandwichestamar valleygidleigh parkdrawing roomhunting lodgeentrance hallcroquet lawnboot roomprivate dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

You feel right at home from the moment you arrive to feeling like you’re part of the family when you are there. All the staff go well above and beyond - it’s the first hotel I have ever felt fully comfortable to complain about something, but never had cause to! Everything about the place was beautiful, stunning in fact, the food implacable the surroundings breathtaking, the staff are a credit to the owners and managers. I had high expectations of the hotel anyway, but I was taken to a completely higher level. Alex Politzzi was the perfect hostess and her team mirrored her perfection !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RevPip
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with my partner for the dinner with Alex Polizzi and definitely got my money's worth. Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, lovely food. Can't comment on the grounds as it was dark and all I could see was the snow. After arriving though driving in the snow staff greeted us and made us feel at home. The perfect place to go to get away from the stress of everything day life. Will be back to have lunch and a wander around the grounds soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily Q
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Over a sodden weekend in November, Hotel Endsleigh is a lovely place to be; almost entirely perfect.

The setting is quite magical, deep in a Devon valley away from the world. The magic extends to the delightful décor and gorgeous gardens; there is genuine beauty here. The staff are simply lovely, I have never felt so relaxed and looked after as a woman travelling alone.

Yes, the dog-friendly policy does mean that there is a faint whiff of wet dog everywhere, particularly noticeable in my room where it wafted up from the carpet as I walked around. There were also little mud splashes on the wall next to the washbasin in my bathroom, but hey, it's a country house, isn't it?

The relaxed atmosphere, in part aided by the presence of dogs, I will admit, lends a quite un-British friendliness and I had some entertaining conversations with fellow guests in the Library, a really beautiful candlelit space. In fact I ate my dinner there, since the restaurant was being slightly monopolised by a very loud family group.

My double room was spacious, the bed was huge and very comfy, and I was lulled to sleep by the musical twooting of owls. There is little light pollution except that of the hotel itself, and the shutters closed that out.

Breakfast was as good as I would expect in a hotel of this calibre, and set me up to spend an enjoyable day on a course run by the hotel's resident florist, complete with excellent lunch.

A wonderful weekend which will linger in my memory.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Juno136
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Mixes rural elegance with boutique chic house guest environment. Staff are some of the most professional in the business mixing efficiency and discretion with just the right amount of personal engagement that make you feel like they really enjoy looking after you. We stayed in the lodge house which had seen improvements to the garden since we visited 6 months previously. A better mounting of the TV in the sitting room and only being able to watch DVD's in the bedroom the only down points. We also heard that you need to check the terms of any special deal they are doing to make sure you get was been offered. The fabulous setting and overall experience make this one of my top 5 places to stay in the UK.

Room Tip: lodge perfect for secluded getaway
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This place is very ‘nice’ indeed. The staff are happy and helpful, although sparse on the ground when we visited. The hotel was busy but surely busy times should be catered for? This hotel could be so much more, we visit often and there is always one or two things that are not quite right and these are different every time. This will not stop us continuing to visit, it is something that we just accept.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple