“Fantastic Stay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Auld Dairy Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
the northern lights from drummore in march 2013
sunset at portlogan
mull of galloway lighthouse
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ninalcowe
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 11 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We have just returned from a weekend of relaxation in the comfort of this superb cottage. The pictures really don't do the accommodation justice. It really did exceed our expectations and there was so much space. Very modern and the location was picturesque. We did not have long enough and will definitely be returning. Highly recommended

Jimizzy
Nottingham
“A little piece of heaven....”
Reviewed 1 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The Auld Dairy Cottage is an absolute must of a holiday rental for anyone visiting this part of Scotland. My family booked this cottage for a short trip, in order that I could return to my birthplace to celebrate my 60th birthday. They could not have booked a more perfect location or property.

This cottage is huge, and more than comfortably accomodated our party (5 adults, and a toddler). Everything about the cottage is first class, and all age ranges are catered for. The cottage was extremely clean and comfortable, and everything you could want in terms of equipment was provided.

The owners (Mr & Mrs J McClymont) were the perfect hosts - there if you needed anything but not at all obtrusive. The homemade shortbread, and free wine, provided for us was a nice touch, and a very generous gesture - we devoured both in a very short space of time.

We found the locals to be very friendly and extremely helpful - but then, coming from here, I already knew that to be the case. I think most of Drummore turned out to help my daughter when her car developed problems.

The sea views from the cottage are fabulous, and the surrounding countryside, like so much of Scotland, is hauntingly beautiful. The only downside to the whole trip was having to leave - I'm not sure when, or if I'll return again - and as I took a last look before heading back south, something I had once read came back to me:

“I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower's stem.”

Do take the opportunity to visit this part of the world, and if you do, definitely do consider staying at The Auld Dairy Cottage - you, like me, will never want to leave.

JMH

Travelling group: Extended Family
Julie R
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“quiet and relaxing”
Reviewed 20 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

What a fabulous part of the country. Its so relaxing and quiet. Walks around are stunning. The cottage exceeded our expectations and was comfortable, clean and had everything we needed. The sea views were amazing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location with a sea view
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Pam G
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed 30 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We arrived mid afternoon to find the sun shining. The scenery is stunning, the cottage fabulous. There is everything you could want provided for you, the home-made shortbread is beautiful and the wine is very thoughtful, just what is needed after a long drive!!. The rabbits and hares come into the grounds for a visit and the deer wanders around in the next field. The weather wasn't wonderful but we were out and about everyday, lots to see within about 30 minutes drive in any direction. Will definitely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the cottage itself
Liked least: nothing really
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
garside97
“Brilliant cottage fantastic views and wildlife”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a fantastic time cottage was warm and welcoming when we arrived, location is superb and seeing the dear every morning in the field was brilliant and seeing the dolphins down at the lighthouse made it a holiday to remember. We would book again lots to explore

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing