US$ 124
Sol y Luna(Pavones)
La Perla(Pavones)
La Pina Lodge(Pavones)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmagical placeher husbandlife changing experiencea special placeat homethe pacific oceankitchen stafffeeling confidentcosta ricatucked awaytrainingindiraprogramalexbodypracticestudents
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I recently got back from Pavones Yoga Center where I attended their IHYT training for 10 days. This place is so magical. The yoga studio and every villa on the property was set up perfectly with views of the ocean and jungle. I could not think of a more peaceful setting to learn and relax. Indira and her entire staff were so welcoming and knowledgeable. The entire program was thoughtfully organized. They put a lot of love into everything they do from the moment you set foot on their property. I learned so much from Indira, Caru and Jane as well as everyone in my group. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Chef Alex is INCREDIBLE!!! We were fed 3 meals a day all made by Alex. Everything was fresh, local and prepared with care. You could taste the love in the food. Fresh juices and coffee with breakfast every morning, which consisted of eggs with feta and spinach, homemade salsa and guacamole, delicious zucchini bread and big bowls of papaya, mango, watermelon and pineapple as well as homemade almond milk with granola and honey. And thats just breakfast!! It just got better with lunch and dinner with a heathy dessert every evening. Also, little things like dried pineapple and bananas were sitting around in jars just waiting to be devoured. Everything about Pavones Yoga Center is amazing. I hope to be back again soon for another training. This place will always hold a special place in my heart along with everyone who made my time there special.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Pavones Yoga Centre provides such a spiritual environment conducive to learning and staying grounded. Indira has a calming and welcoming presence and conducts the Integrated Healing and Yoga Therapy course in a way that is fluid and well rounded, making me feel more than adequately prepared to provide sessions to clients.
The property is beautiful, nestled in the jungle and provides a stellar view of the ocean which is a stones throw of a walk away.
I felt both spiritually physically nourished, with an amazing array of dishes provided by a gifted chef and artist, Alex...unbelievably tasty food and drink, not to mention the turmeric juice concoction we were treated to nightly ❤️
Thank you for a wonderful experience and temporary home. I look forward to returning in the future ❤️

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Pavones Yoga center was an experience that I will honor for-EVER. I don’t know what’s more beautiful the place or the people! Well, both have such a special place in my heart. I recommend this Yoga Teacher Training to anyone interested in learning more about themselves, the world we live in, and of course the practice of yoga. Since graduation February 10, 2017, I’ve been to yoga classes back at home and I feel like I have such an understanding of the body mechanics and also the transitions that make sense. I am so grateful for the knowledge and wisdom that Indira so willingly shares. The way she incorporates teaching the traditions of yoga and guides you to go inside yourself is really a magical experience in a sacred space. Each of the PYC staff are lovely, welcoming and humble; from the yoga teachers to the grounds keeper and the kitchen staff. You really feel safe and at home here. And the food you will eat is cooked with love just like at home :) the room accommodations are comfortable and beautiful, if you ever have any problems someone is available to help you out. Pavones is a safe and relaxing area in Costa Rica. Go see for yourself! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
PavonesYogaCenter, Manager at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Nicoletta, thank you so much for the raving review! Our existence and intention at PYC is to hold space to nurture human transformation and growth through yoga teaching -- your words re-affirm that we are moving in the right direction with the work that we are offering to the world. We so very much look forward to meeting you again at Pavones Yoga Center in the near future and look forward to witnessing your yoga teaching path unfold. Namaste <3

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I highly recommend the 200-hour yoga teacher training course at PYC. The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and most of all the teachers - including Indira Kate Kalmbach - couldn't be better. The learning style is welcoming, diverse, and open to everyone - their similarities and their differences. I cannot think of having a better experience anywhere else. I've come away feeling confident and ready to teach yoga and at the same time, rested and relaxed from having retreated to this incredible, peaceful place for a month.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Your words highlight many of the aspects of the Pavones Yoga Center yoga teacher training that we cherish: the all-inclusive nature of the program and our celebration of ways that humans can be radically different from one another and yet still share a common bond and respect both for each other and for the ecosystem that supports us. We can't wait to see you back at PYC in the future and wish you all the best as your teaching career unfolds!

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Pavones Yoga Center is a home away from home. Upon walking through the gates the very first day, I felt this incredible welcoming, positive, and supportive energy. It is so difficult to decide what the highlight of this training was: Indira's in depth instruction or Alex's delicious food (carrot apple muffins especially!). Indira did such a wonderful job at making everything we learned so fun and interesting. The daily practices, the lectures, the group activities, the people of Pavones, the jungle, the beach. Words cannot do PYC justice. You've just got to go. You've got to experience the beauty and the wonder of it for yourself. And then you'll realize that it's truly indescribable. Thank you so much Indira and Alex! So much love from Kansas City. Olivia

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank oliviakh0730
PavonesYogaCenter, Owner at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Olivia, thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad that you found your yoga home at PYC. Each person who takes the yoga teacher training becomes part of the soul and spirit of this place, so know that you will always have a home here with us. I look forward to your next visit to PYC! Much love back to you -- Indira & Alex