“Life changing experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pavones
Pavones Yoga Center
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I went to PYC for my 200hr YTT. Indira calls it a mystery school, and it WAS in every facet of that expression. Not only did I grow so much spiritually/intellectually/experientially, but I left feeling confident in my ability to teach yoga in the fullest sense of the word. I came out a stronger woman, more confident in my ability to take on the work and create change. I also feel as though I can safely guide students through asana practice as we were well informed on alignment, body mechanics, and frequent safety concerns you may see in class. The teaching assistants were so helpful, accessible, and funny. Being able to take yoga from a variety of teachers helped me to create my own style using the influence of each one of their styles. The community we created at PYC was so special, and I'll never forget the women and the bonds we shared through the intentional curriculum implemented by Indira and her staff. PYC is tucked away in the middle of the jungle. Monkeys, Macaw pairs, toucans, kinkajous, and many other jungle creatures were abundant. The yoga shala looks out to the most breathtaking view of the gulfo dulce, a small golf off the pacific ocean. Indira's program is nature based, and you truly feel so connected to nature while there. I walked barefoot everyday for 28 days, I woke up to the sound of monkeys and fell asleep to the hum of cicadas. My heart was touched by this land in a way that I can't even fully explain. I feel so blessed to be able to have experienced this space, and the wealth of knowledge Indira offers. Indira truly lives yoga, and teaches us how to do so as well. Not to mention, she gives and teaches you to give the worlds GREATEST assists. Alex, her husband, is the fabulous chef on site. I am a vegan, and always worry about being accommodated for in a way that will suit my nutritional needs. Alex's meals were delicious, filling, and nutrient dense. He also served dessert every night that is usually raw. Many women in my training talked about how they felt shifts in their digestion and bodies after eating his healthy cleansing food. Alex and his kitchen staff put a lot of love into the food, and you can feel it. PYC in general in curated with such intentionality, everything you experience there has a reason and was done on purpose. I had been traveling in Costa Rica for a month prior to my YTT, and have been here a total of 3 months now. I can tell you honestly that PYC has some of the nicest accommodations that the jungle has to offer! My room was absolutely beautiful, and had a balcony that I spent most of my free time on. The beds are incredibly comfortable and have authentic Guatemalan textiles as blankets. The towels and sheets were soft, and changed every few days. Our rooms were cleaned frequently, if not daily, as well. I can't say enough positive things about PYC, JUST GO THERE. After talking to many friends who have been through various YTTs all over the world, I can tell you whole heartedly that this will be unlike any other training out there. If you're feeling called, follow your heart.

Room Tip: Sign up early!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

I recently got back from Pavones Yoga Center where I attended their IHYT training for 10 days. This place is so magical. The yoga studio and every villa on the property was set up perfectly with views of the ocean and jungle. I could not think of a more peaceful setting to learn and relax. Indira and her entire staff were so welcoming and knowledgeable. The entire program was thoughtfully organized. They put a lot of love into everything they do from the moment you set foot on their property. I learned so much from Indira, Caru and Jane as well as everyone in my group. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Chef Alex is INCREDIBLE!!! We were fed 3 meals a day all made by Alex. Everything was fresh, local and prepared with care. You could taste the love in the food. Fresh juices and coffee with breakfast every morning, which consisted of eggs with feta and spinach, homemade salsa and guacamole, delicious zucchini bread and big bowls of papaya, mango, watermelon and pineapple as well as homemade almond milk with granola and honey. And thats just breakfast!! It just got better with lunch and dinner with a heathy dessert every evening. Also, little things like dried pineapple and bananas were sitting around in jars just waiting to be devoured. Everything about Pavones Yoga Center is amazing. I hope to be back again soon for another training. This place will always hold a special place in my heart along with everyone who made my time there special.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Pavones Yoga Centre provides such a spiritual environment conducive to learning and staying grounded. Indira has a calming and welcoming presence and conducts the Integrated Healing and Yoga Therapy course in a way that is fluid and well rounded, making me feel more than adequately prepared to provide sessions to clients.
The property is beautiful, nestled in the jungle and provides a stellar view of the ocean which is a stones throw of a walk away.
I felt both spiritually physically nourished, with an amazing array of dishes provided by a gifted chef and artist, Alex...unbelievably tasty food and drink, not to mention the turmeric juice concoction we were treated to nightly ❤️
Thank you for a wonderful experience and temporary home. I look forward to returning in the future ❤️

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Pavones Yoga center was an experience that I will honor for-EVER. I don’t know what’s more beautiful the place or the people! Well, both have such a special place in my heart. I recommend this Yoga Teacher Training to anyone interested in learning more about themselves, the world we live in, and of course the practice of yoga. Since graduation February 10, 2017, I’ve been to yoga classes back at home and I feel like I have such an understanding of the body mechanics and also the transitions that make sense. I am so grateful for the knowledge and wisdom that Indira so willingly shares. The way she incorporates teaching the traditions of yoga and guides you to go inside yourself is really a magical experience in a sacred space. Each of the PYC staff are lovely, welcoming and humble; from the yoga teachers to the grounds keeper and the kitchen staff. You really feel safe and at home here. And the food you will eat is cooked with love just like at home :) the room accommodations are comfortable and beautiful, if you ever have any problems someone is available to help you out. Pavones is a safe and relaxing area in Costa Rica. Go see for yourself! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
PavonesYogaCenter, Manager at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Nicoletta, thank you so much for the raving review! Our existence and intention at PYC is to hold space to nurture human transformation and growth through yoga teaching -- your words re-affirm that we are moving in the right direction with the work that we are offering to the world. We so very much look forward to meeting you again at Pavones Yoga Center in the near future and look forward to witnessing your yoga teaching path unfold. Namaste <3

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I highly recommend the 200-hour yoga teacher training course at PYC. The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and most of all the teachers - including Indira Kate Kalmbach - couldn't be better. The learning style is welcoming, diverse, and open to everyone - their similarities and their differences. I cannot think of having a better experience anywhere else. I've come away feeling confident and ready to teach yoga and at the same time, rested and relaxed from having retreated to this incredible, peaceful place for a month.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Your words highlight many of the aspects of the Pavones Yoga Center yoga teacher training that we cherish: the all-inclusive nature of the program and our celebration of ways that humans can be radically different from one another and yet still share a common bond and respect both for each other and for the ecosystem that supports us. We can't wait to see you back at PYC in the future and wish you all the best as your teaching career unfolds!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pavones
16.5 km away
17.7 km away
Bosque del Cabo Rainforest Lodge
1.4 km away
Lanzas de Fuego Surf & Adventure Lodge

Been to Pavones Yoga Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK