Pavones Yoga Center
Sol y Luna(Pavones)
La Perla(Pavones)
La Pina Lodge(Pavones)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmagical placea special placeher husbandlife changing experiencethe pacific oceankitchen stafffeeling confidentcosta ricatucked awaytrainingindiraprogramalexbodypracticeclassesstudents
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Pavones Yoga Centre provides such a spiritual environment conducive to learning and staying grounded. Indira has a calming and welcoming presence and conducts the Integrated Healing and Yoga Therapy course in a way that is fluid and well rounded, making me feel more than adequately prepared to provide sessions to clients.
The property is beautiful, nestled in the jungle and provides a stellar view of the ocean which is a stones throw of a walk away.
I felt both spiritually physically nourished, with an amazing array of dishes provided by a gifted chef and artist, Alex...unbelievably tasty food and drink, not to mention the turmeric juice concoction we were treated to nightly ❤️
Thank you for a wonderful experience and temporary home. I look forward to returning in the future ❤️

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Pavones Yoga center was an experience that I will honor for-EVER. I don’t know what’s more beautiful the place or the people! Well, both have such a special place in my heart. I recommend this Yoga Teacher Training to anyone interested in learning more about themselves, the world we live in, and of course the practice of yoga. Since graduation February 10, 2017, I’ve been to yoga classes back at home and I feel like I have such an understanding of the body mechanics and also the transitions that make sense. I am so grateful for the knowledge and wisdom that Indira so willingly shares. The way she incorporates teaching the traditions of yoga and guides you to go inside yourself is really a magical experience in a sacred space. Each of the PYC staff are lovely, welcoming and humble; from the yoga teachers to the grounds keeper and the kitchen staff. You really feel safe and at home here. And the food you will eat is cooked with love just like at home :) the room accommodations are comfortable and beautiful, if you ever have any problems someone is available to help you out. Pavones is a safe and relaxing area in Costa Rica. Go see for yourself! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
PavonesYogaCenter, Manager at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Nicoletta, thank you so much for the raving review! Our existence and intention at PYC is to hold space to nurture human transformation and growth through yoga teaching -- your words re-affirm that we are moving in the right direction with the work that we are offering to the world. We so very much look forward to meeting you again at Pavones Yoga Center in the near future and look forward to witnessing your yoga teaching path unfold. Namaste <3

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I highly recommend the 200-hour yoga teacher training course at PYC. The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and most of all the teachers - including Indira Kate Kalmbach - couldn't be better. The learning style is welcoming, diverse, and open to everyone - their similarities and their differences. I cannot think of having a better experience anywhere else. I've come away feeling confident and ready to teach yoga and at the same time, rested and relaxed from having retreated to this incredible, peaceful place for a month.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Your words highlight many of the aspects of the Pavones Yoga Center yoga teacher training that we cherish: the all-inclusive nature of the program and our celebration of ways that humans can be radically different from one another and yet still share a common bond and respect both for each other and for the ecosystem that supports us. We can't wait to see you back at PYC in the future and wish you all the best as your teaching career unfolds!

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Pavones Yoga Center is a home away from home. Upon walking through the gates the very first day, I felt this incredible welcoming, positive, and supportive energy. It is so difficult to decide what the highlight of this training was: Indira's in depth instruction or Alex's delicious food (carrot apple muffins especially!). Indira did such a wonderful job at making everything we learned so fun and interesting. The daily practices, the lectures, the group activities, the people of Pavones, the jungle, the beach. Words cannot do PYC justice. You've just got to go. You've got to experience the beauty and the wonder of it for yourself. And then you'll realize that it's truly indescribable. Thank you so much Indira and Alex! So much love from Kansas City. Olivia

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank oliviakh0730
PavonesYogaCenter, Owner at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Olivia, thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad that you found your yoga home at PYC. Each person who takes the yoga teacher training becomes part of the soul and spirit of this place, so know that you will always have a home here with us. I look forward to your next visit to PYC! Much love back to you -- Indira & Alex

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I completed the 200-hour yoga alliance certificate course. I will say this - transformative! The entire experience was exactly what I was hoping for 1) a safe, beautiful place to work on my yoga practice, 2) a place filled with like-minded thoughtful and kind people, 3) an adventure to remember for a lifetime.
Pros: 1) Top-notch yoga instruction
2) Amazing vegetarian cuisine for all meals
3) Natural beauty of the jungle and the ocean in one location

Be prepared to:
1) Walk down and up a pretty mighty mini-mountain or hill daily (your glutes will love you for it)
2) Sweat - it's the jungle, it's Costa Rica, it's humid
3) Change on the inside and out

Room Tip: They are all great
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Renee A

Renee, thank you so much for taking the time to thoughtfully and honestly and clearly breakdown the Pavones Yoga Center YTT experience. I love it! It was and is a delight to know you, and I'm already looking forward to your next visit. So much gratitude for your insight into the program -- I know these reviews help draw just the most delightful people to future yoga teacher trainings at PYC, and we will always thank you for that.