“A magical 200hr Yoga Teacher Training experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pavones
Pavones Yoga Center
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Pavones Yoga center was an experience that I will honor for-EVER. I don’t know what’s more beautiful the place or the people! Well, both have such a special place in my heart. I recommend this Yoga Teacher Training to anyone interested in learning more about themselves, the world we live in, and of course the practice of yoga. Since graduation February 10, 2017, I’ve been to yoga classes back at home and I feel like I have such an understanding of the body mechanics and also the transitions that make sense. I am so grateful for the knowledge and wisdom that Indira so willingly shares. The way she incorporates teaching the traditions of yoga and guides you to go inside yourself is really a magical experience in a sacred space. Each of the PYC staff are lovely, welcoming and humble; from the yoga teachers to the grounds keeper and the kitchen staff. You really feel safe and at home here. And the food you will eat is cooked with love just like at home :) the room accommodations are comfortable and beautiful, if you ever have any problems someone is available to help you out. Pavones is a safe and relaxing area in Costa Rica. Go see for yourself! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
PavonesYogaCenter, Manager at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Nicoletta, thank you so much for the raving review! Our existence and intention at PYC is to hold space to nurture human transformation and growth through yoga teaching -- your words re-affirm that we are moving in the right direction with the work that we are offering to the world. We so very much look forward to meeting you again at Pavones Yoga Center in the near future and look forward to witnessing your yoga teaching path unfold. Namaste <3

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Pavones Yoga Center

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I highly recommend the 200-hour yoga teacher training course at PYC. The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and most of all the teachers - including Indira Kate Kalmbach - couldn't be better. The learning style is welcoming, diverse, and open to everyone - their similarities and their differences. I cannot think of having a better experience anywhere else. I've come away feeling confident and ready to teach yoga and at the same time, rested and relaxed from having retreated to this incredible, peaceful place for a month.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Your words highlight many of the aspects of the Pavones Yoga Center yoga teacher training that we cherish: the all-inclusive nature of the program and our celebration of ways that humans can be radically different from one another and yet still share a common bond and respect both for each other and for the ecosystem that supports us. We can't wait to see you back at PYC in the future and wish you all the best as your teaching career unfolds!

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Pavones Yoga Center is a home away from home. Upon walking through the gates the very first day, I felt this incredible welcoming, positive, and supportive energy. It is so difficult to decide what the highlight of this training was: Indira's in depth instruction or Alex's delicious food (carrot apple muffins especially!). Indira did such a wonderful job at making everything we learned so fun and interesting. The daily practices, the lectures, the group activities, the people of Pavones, the jungle, the beach. Words cannot do PYC justice. You've just got to go. You've got to experience the beauty and the wonder of it for yourself. And then you'll realize that it's truly indescribable. Thank you so much Indira and Alex! So much love from Kansas City. Olivia

1  Thank oliviakh0730
PavonesYogaCenter, Owner at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Olivia, thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad that you found your yoga home at PYC. Each person who takes the yoga teacher training becomes part of the soul and spirit of this place, so know that you will always have a home here with us. I look forward to your next visit to PYC! Much love back to you -- Indira & Alex

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I completed the 200-hour yoga alliance certificate course. I will say this - transformative! The entire experience was exactly what I was hoping for 1) a safe, beautiful place to work on my yoga practice, 2) a place filled with like-minded thoughtful and kind people, 3) an adventure to remember for a lifetime.
Pros: 1) Top-notch yoga instruction
2) Amazing vegetarian cuisine for all meals
3) Natural beauty of the jungle and the ocean in one location

Be prepared to:
1) Walk down and up a pretty mighty mini-mountain or hill daily (your glutes will love you for it)
2) Sweat - it's the jungle, it's Costa Rica, it's humid
3) Change on the inside and out

Room Tip: They are all great
1  Thank Renee A

Renee, thank you so much for taking the time to thoughtfully and honestly and clearly breakdown the Pavones Yoga Center YTT experience. I love it! It was and is a delight to know you, and I'm already looking forward to your next visit. So much gratitude for your insight into the program -- I know these reviews help draw just the most delightful people to future yoga teacher trainings at PYC, and we will always thank you for that.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

If you're thinking about heading to PYC, just go! It will be the best decision you make this decade. I was there for the 200 hours yoga teacher training this January. What a magical healing experience! The quality of teaching is very high and the whole course very skilfully curated. The location is incredible. Nestled up a hill on the edge of the jungle, most noise is simply bird song (and howler monkeys). Watch toucans and vultures fly by or little birds fluttering around the speakers during class. Sometimes whales could be seen passing by in the ocean. The accommodation was lovely and comfortable. Troops of monkeys would wander by the windows most days. Every meal I was overwhelmed gratitude for the beautiful, delicious food on offer and as a vegan, I was very well catered for.

The best part is the community that builds of beautiful, thoughtful, funny intelligent, kind souls. I've never felt so well nourished, psychically, mentally and emotionally.

(One more thing, if you're concerned that your yoga practice isn't developed enough to take on the teacher training, DON'T worry. If you can do headstands and crazy arm balances, you will have a ball and if you can't, you won't get any less out of the course).

2  Thank yallypants
PavonesYogaCenter, Owner at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Thank you so much for the incredibly sweet review ... I'm especially grateful for your encouragement to those who may worry that their physical yoga practice isn't "developed enough." I receive so many emails from people voicing this particular concern... sad to think that someone would choose not to attend our yoga teacher training because of this fear. So I'm glad you addressed it :) We look forward to your next visit "home" to Pavones Yoga Center.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pavones
16.5 km away
17.7 km away
Bosque del Cabo Rainforest Lodge
1.4 km away
Lanzas de Fuego Surf & Adventure Lodge

Been to Pavones Yoga Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK