Clear River Sports & Adventure(Pavones)(Great Value!)
US$ 33
US$ 23
Surf House(Pavones)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
Caza Olas Hotel & Hostel(Pavones)(Great Value!)
US$ 9
Sol y Luna(Pavones)(Great Value!)
US$ 45
La Pina Lodge(Pavones)
US$ 51
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsmagical placeher husbandlife changing experiencea special placeat homethe pacific oceankitchen stafffeeling confidentcosta ricatucked awaytrainingindiraprogramalexbodypracticestudents
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I highly recommend the 200-hour yoga teacher training course at PYC. The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and most of all the teachers - including Indira Kate Kalmbach - couldn't be better. The learning style is welcoming, diverse, and open to everyone - their similarities and their differences. I cannot think of having a better experience anywhere else. I've come away feeling confident and ready to teach yoga and at the same time, rested and relaxed from having retreated to this incredible, peaceful place for a month.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
PavonesYogaCenter, Manager at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Your words highlight many of the aspects of the Pavones Yoga Center yoga teacher training that we cherish: the all-inclusive nature of the program and our celebration of ways that humans can be radically different from one another and yet still share a common bond and respect both for each other and for the ecosystem that supports us. We can't wait to see you back at PYC in the future and wish you all the best as your teaching career unfolds!

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Pavones Yoga Center is a home away from home. Upon walking through the gates the very first day, I felt this incredible welcoming, positive, and supportive energy. It is so difficult to decide what the highlight of this training was: Indira's in depth instruction or Alex's delicious food (carrot apple muffins especially!). Indira did such a wonderful job at making everything we learned so fun and interesting. The daily practices, the lectures, the group activities, the people of Pavones, the jungle, the beach. Words cannot do PYC justice. You've just got to go. You've got to experience the beauty and the wonder of it for yourself. And then you'll realize that it's truly indescribable. Thank you so much Indira and Alex! So much love from Kansas City. Olivia

1  Thank oliviakh0730
PavonesYogaCenter, Owner at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Olivia, thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad that you found your yoga home at PYC. Each person who takes the yoga teacher training becomes part of the soul and spirit of this place, so know that you will always have a home here with us. I look forward to your next visit to PYC! Much love back to you -- Indira & Alex

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I completed the 200-hour yoga alliance certificate course. I will say this - transformative! The entire experience was exactly what I was hoping for 1) a safe, beautiful place to work on my yoga practice, 2) a place filled with like-minded thoughtful and kind people, 3) an adventure to remember for a lifetime.
Pros: 1) Top-notch yoga instruction
2) Amazing vegetarian cuisine for all meals
3) Natural beauty of the jungle and the ocean in one location

Be prepared to:
1) Walk down and up a pretty mighty mini-mountain or hill daily (your glutes will love you for it)
2) Sweat - it's the jungle, it's Costa Rica, it's humid
3) Change on the inside and out

Room Tip: They are all great
1  Thank Renee A

Renee, thank you so much for taking the time to thoughtfully and honestly and clearly breakdown the Pavones Yoga Center YTT experience. I love it! It was and is a delight to know you, and I'm already looking forward to your next visit. So much gratitude for your insight into the program -- I know these reviews help draw just the most delightful people to future yoga teacher trainings at PYC, and we will always thank you for that.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

If you're thinking about heading to PYC, just go! It will be the best decision you make this decade. I was there for the 200 hours yoga teacher training this January. What a magical healing experience! The quality of teaching is very high and the whole course very skilfully curated. The location is incredible. Nestled up a hill on the edge of the jungle, most noise is simply bird song (and howler monkeys). Watch toucans and vultures fly by or little birds fluttering around the speakers during class. Sometimes whales could be seen passing by in the ocean. The accommodation was lovely and comfortable. Troops of monkeys would wander by the windows most days. Every meal I was overwhelmed gratitude for the beautiful, delicious food on offer and as a vegan, I was very well catered for.

The best part is the community that builds of beautiful, thoughtful, funny intelligent, kind souls. I've never felt so well nourished, psychically, mentally and emotionally.

(One more thing, if you're concerned that your yoga practice isn't developed enough to take on the teacher training, DON'T worry. If you can do headstands and crazy arm balances, you will have a ball and if you can't, you won't get any less out of the course).

2  Thank yallypants
PavonesYogaCenter, Owner at Pavones Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Thank you so much for the incredibly sweet review ... I'm especially grateful for your encouragement to those who may worry that their physical yoga practice isn't "developed enough." I receive so many emails from people voicing this particular concern... sad to think that someone would choose not to attend our yoga teacher training because of this fear. So I'm glad you addressed it :) We look forward to your next visit "home" to Pavones Yoga Center.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

I dont even know where to begin describing the love I have for this incredible place! Pavones Yoga Center is unlike anywhere I've ever been and it is the loving intention of its staff that set it apart. Indira & Alex have truly created an oasis for students/guests to reconnect with the earth, listen to the body and grow in ways you never saw coming! I completed the 200 Hr. Multidimensional Yoga Teacher Training with Indira and her supportive assistant staff (shout out to Jane, Caru, Brady & Stephanie I learned so much from each of you). This training has changed my life and I cannot recommend PYC more highly if you are thinking about taking your first teacher training and want to go full immersion style (DO IT). First of all, the property is absolutely stunning and I was so grateful for the opportunity to live in the jungle, surrounded by the beauty and song of its' various inhabitants. The yoga pavilion is the most gorgeous, sacred space I have ever practiced yoga; incredibly spacious, clean with panoramic views of the Pacific ocean below and the jungle behind. I fell in love with Pavones yoga center and the people there practicing yoga each morning as I gazed upon the ocean while vultures drifted in slow, sweeping circles among the clouds in the sky. My mind, body and soul have never known such peace and I am eternally grateful to Indira for creating this space.
In addition to the incredible atmosphere, the teaching and intention of the multidimensional YTT curriculum went so far above and beyond my expectations (I tried not to have any, but, human...) and encompassed the perfect variety of themes to explore for those in search of a solid foundation in yogic texts/traditions. What I loved about this training was that it wasn't solely about the postures or a specific way of teaching asana, rather, at PYC you are taught to find your own unique expression for teaching the postures, while gaining further insight of how and why the practice was developed based on the ancient texts from which it came.
Perhaps the most unique feature of this training is the eco-psychological factor, which teaches of love, unity and respect for the earth and all of it's creatures; an invaluable lesson for all in this digital day and age of social media and mass materialism. To that end, I appreciate that we were given ample time to simply BE in nature, with ourselves in silence to take in the vibrant energy of the jungle. For me, it felt like the grounds of PYC were constantly buzzing at the frequency of the countless lifeforms residing there. I also found the proximity to the Pacific to be a great comfort and source of joy on a daily basis! Nothing soothes me and rejuvenates me quite like the ocean and I was super grateful for the gorgeous beach in Pavones; a perfect piece of paradise.
Finally, and for many the most exciting part, of the PYC program is the FOOD prepared so thoughtfully by Alex and his gracious companions, Miriam, Juan Carlos and Inez. I'll start by saying the vegetarian aspect of this training is not something I was thrilled about. Curios, sure. Nervous, maybe. Skeptical for certain, but any and all doubts about the quality and deliciousness of the food I'd be eating at PYC were dissolved on Day 1. At home, I eat meat almost every day during at least one of my meals and I was a bit concerned I'd go through some sort of carnivorous withdrawal. However, this did not happen and I never once felt that my body was missing any essential protein or nutrients. I was consistently satiated (understatement) and stunned by my own endurance to practice yoga and get to the beach, sometimes twice a day. THANK YOU ALEX! I could go on and on about each dish and which I loved best, but I'll leave it to you to experience the mind-blowing flavors for yourself. Just know that your tastebuds will be delighted and your body nourished, so if you have any reservations about that, trust me, your in good hands (plus, i witnessed the willingness of the kitchen staff to modify dishes in order to meet the needs of trainees who had certain allergies & needed some extra TLC). I cannot say enough wonderful things about the people, environment and sense of community cultivated at PYC. It has stolen my heart and I cannot wait to visit again.
~ALL LOVE~

Stayed: January 2016

Wow, we're speechless (Alex and I both). I feel so blessed that you chose PYC as your yoga home and are out there embodying the nature-oriented aspect of the PYC program and sharing your yoga with the world. Thank you Rita... we too cannot wait for you to visit again! -- Indira & Alex