Pavones Yoga Center
Sol y Luna(Pavones)
La Perla(Pavones)
La Pina Lodge(Pavones)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmagical placea special placeher husbandlife changing experiencethe pacific oceankitchen stafffeeling confidentcosta ricatucked awaytrainingindiraprogramalexbodypracticeclassesstudents
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I attended the PYC YT200 teacher training in July of 2015 after my friend "This American Girl" wrote about it in her blog here:

The yoga studio itself occupies an elevated space with a 360 degree panoramic view of the beach and Golfo Dulce, and the jungle, where howler monkeys and sloths abound. The studio is clean and beautiful, and especially memorable during evening sessions, when tropical storms can be seen, heard, and felt.

The rooms are simple, comfortable, and clean, and decorated with original art by Alex, who was the cook for the program. The food was stellar and a major selling point of this particular program, in my opinion. Vegetarian.

The training was led by Indira- who created it around her values and affinity for biodiversity of Costa Rica. It has an environmental bent which is original and thought provoking. Indira is magisterial- very wise and open; she's "present" and invested in her teaching. She is an important role-model for me. Although influenced by the Iyengar tradition, the training is its own "multidimensional" style, which I loved. The variety factor is great. We spent time working on flow classes, yin, restorative yoga, human anatomy, teaching different age groups, ethics and philosophy, meditation and the nature of consciousness, the history of yoga and the first yoga sutras, intention setting, and we dabbled in related disciplines like therapy (co-listening) and massage. Indira is aided by several other teachers from around the world, who each bring their own style. By the end of the program, you will feel ready to teach a yoga class- we were all in agreement about that. On the side, we got to do a little tango and capoeira, and did a beach clean-up.

The training will keep you busy- but there is time during daily breaks and weekends to get into Pavones for surfing or hanging out at cafes. Pavones is a surfer mecca, but even if you don't surf you can still enjoy swimming, and spotting macaws and iguanas. I am a trail runner and loved exploring the hills behind the studio, there are some indigenous villages back there. Made it halfway to Panama once. Beach running was good too.

Writing this review stirred up a lot of emotions- I was really rocked by this experience (in a good and meaningful way). You will not regret this program.

Thank you Indira and Alex.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

What a magical place! From the moment I stepped on the property I knew I had made the right decision to journey to Pavones Yoga Center. Perched upon the mountain above Pavones in the middle of the jungle this is truly a secret paradise. The multidimensional training was incredibly thought out and planned down to the last details. The program is taught by Indira and a wonderful roster of teachers from all over the world who bestowed a plethora of their knowledge on each and every student over the course of the month. The teacher training goes above and beyond giving graduates the tools to becoming amazing yoga teachers and the confidence to bring their own individuality to their class and practice. On top of that I felt at home from the time I stepped into my room that was spotless and quaintly decorated. The food, prepared by Alex Lanau, was a culinary treat at each meal. Overall this is one of the top yoga teacher trainings out there and worth the time and journey. I cant wait to plan my next trip to Pavones Yoga Center!!

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Since the first time I entered PYC I felt the conection! Amazing view, cosy rooms, UNBELIEVABLE food, exuberant jungle, not to mention the most beautiful and energyzed yoga shala i´ve seen in my life and Indira: The jewel that holds everything together, incredible yoga teacher, person and friend.
And how to forget Dos? Our beloved guardian at all times. PYC is love.

Room Tip: every room feels like being either in the jungle or swimming in the ocean
Reviewed 19 August 2015

The 200-hour multi-dimensional yoga teacher training at PYC is enriching, inspiring and empowering. Located in the middle of the jungle and just a climb away from the Pacific coast, the landscape is not only spectacular but a very intentional aspect PYC's core tenets: connectedness with all that is.

The training digs far deeper than yoga as a physical practice; it's about learning to love others, love our environment, and love ourselves. I feel deeply transformed by the relationships I created at PYC and the wonderful tools and knowledge with which I was equipped.

Indira as well as her carefully chosen staff are talented, informed and engaged. The accommodation is spacious and cleanly. The food--3 homemade vegetarian meals a day-- is delicious and satisfying (this is coming from a non-vegetarian). I highly, highly recommend this training to anyone who is considering getting certified. It is well worth the journey!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 18 August 2015

I've been to PYC twice, first for a 5 day retreat and more recently for the 200 YTT. While not totally out of shape, I am a less frequent yogi. I love this place and here's why:

The setting. I've traveled to 32 countries and I've never seen a more beautiful space.

Indira. Not only is she excellent at her craft, she is an excellent teacher. Yoga classes, theory classes, rituals, group trust - it's all brilliantly designed.

The food! I lost 7 pounds during the month of training and my husband lost 15 (I was about 10-15 over my ideal weight, husband lost all extra weight). I always felt indulged in amazing food. Having experienced the food for 5 days, knowing how great it was was a big factor for me to balance my fear of not being capable of doing the training.

The people this place attracts. I met some incredible people at both the retreat and the training and I know you would too.

If you are just browsing and not a super yogi, trust that this is a welcoming environment for all levels. You chose to challenge yourself or take a child's pose when you need it. Take the leap and go!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple