All reviews burma bridge zip line the river kids and adults in house personal care dining hall adventure activities keep up the good work basket ball rooms are basic just like home badminton court hill top memorable experience a wonderful stay nature walk
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

When you are looking for the ideal place to stay, however up to date the websites are of all the shortlisted options, there are still unanswered questions. When my friend Shubha Bahadur and I were planning a trip to Devprayag, we looked for suitable accommodation and found Bull's Retreat most promising. I sent off a long email expecting the standard general responses. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a very prompt and courteous reply answering all my questions in meticulous detail. They delivered on everything they had promised.
We arrived late evening and were welcomed by Harish with a big smile and he continued to be a wonderful host all through. Raunaq Shah, an intern, escorted us down to the Ganga that flows about half a kilometer down the hill and we could see what a wonderful fit travel and tourism are for his personality. The other heroes who made our five days very special are Ramji, whose smile greeted us every morning along with very welcome bed tea and cookies. He also escorted us for the Ganga Aarti to Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh and you cannot find a better companion to ensure that the experience is emotionally and spiritually fulfilling. Arif makes a mean Akoori for breakfast, almost as good as his bread pudding. The warmth and courtesy with which he presides over the meals enhances every delicious morsel. The rest of the staff is very well trained, all kudos to the Kumars for their wonderful leadership. While you are here do visit the Everest Museum above the dining hall and enjoy the experience of vicariously climbing mountains with Bull Kumar.
The rooms are well appointed and arranged around a lovely lawn sprinkled with colourful flowers, sheltered with lush trees in bloom and alive with birdsong.
If you want to retreat into nature, meet the "kindness of strangers " and return rejuvenated, do stay at Bull"s Retreat next time you are in Tehri Garhwal.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Akshay K, Owner at Bull's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Anjana,

Thank you for this fantastic review - we really do appreciate you taking out the time to write such a detailed (and glowing!) review.

I have asked my management team at Bull's retreat to share this review with everyone else mentioned - so that they can all see how their efforts have been appreciated. I'm happy to note that Arif's getting the Akoori right - it's been a long haul trying to get a Kashmiri chef to learning a Parsi dish and I'm sure my Parsi wife will whoop with joy!

Please do visit us again, either here or at any of our other Bull's Escapes.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Nice place to stay in shivpuri. and staff is also very friendly . its a good place to stay with ur family , its have lots of activity for visitors. Room are good with all facility. But am not happy with food. I was there on 3rd june , we had dinner at restarurent , we ordered Dal fry and kadai paneer. Kadai panner was good , but Dal fry was not fresh, It was seemed that its was taken out from freeze and got hot in microoven and served.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CAVipinK

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking out the time to write in your comments. I am sorry to learn you were unhappy with the food - it is one of our highlights and I apologize for not having delivered that to your satisfaction. Our kitchen staff has been informed of this review and I am getting to the bottom of it to find out what went wrong. I am certain you will not have this complaint when you visit us again.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Bull's retreat belongs to the retired colonel Narendra "Bull" Kumar. He is a decorated soldier without whom, siachen would be Pakistan's. We met him in person and saw a little documentary about his accomplishments.
We didn't stay there but had breakfast and lunch there on 2 different dates. Food is really good and prices are within the budget. I can't think of anyother place like this in rishikesh or shivpuri. Although there are quite a few cafes in rishikesh, Bull's Bistro is quitr unique

Staff 5/5
Food 4/5
Prices 5/5

Try cheese omelet, Chicken masala, Stuff parathas. An overall nice place to chill out with your friends and family.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Puneet,

Indeed you are extremely fortunate to have met the man himself! His visits to Bull's Retreat are less frequent now but he continues to have his pulse on the people who visit us here:-).

Thank you for taking the time out to review us and we hope to have you come and stay with us next time.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

A vey nice place to stay in shivpuri, the rooms are very good,food is awesome and the support staff is also very good. The location of the resort is very premium one can easily reach there even by public transport.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Kumar,

Thank you for the lovely review and the 5 Stars!

Please do visit us again soon.

regards

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at Bulls retreat. It was a refreshing stay. The hotel offers many activities to keep you engaged. My 10 year old had loads of fun.
Hotel offers good food, clean and comfortable rooms and the staff is very helpful and cooperative.
There are many reasons why we absolutely loved this place a few being morning treks, river side walk, rafting, the hammock, pets bought by other guests, Asha the star in house pet. But the best of all was bonding with my son.

Hope to revisit soon.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ajitmariner

Dear Ajit,

Thank for this lovely review. Asha, our mascot, is indeed the star of the show! I hope she escorted you for the nature walks and ensured your safety - she's taken that task upon herself and seems to be doing a splendid job!

So happy to hear about your son and you bonding, indeed, that is exactly one of the main aims of any of our Bull's Escapes - to have parents and children spend quality time together.

Do visit us again soon.